Alerum's Unaltered Game Play

jray said:
FYI, in case any of you are experiencing a crash-to-desktop with this:

Runtime Error R6025: Pure virtual function call

It's because of a bug in Firaxis's code triggered by Taelis's customizable domestic advisor when you control 21 or more cities. Suggested workarounds until Firaxis fixes the bug:

1. Play an informal "20 City Challenge" :cool:.

2. Revert to the default domestic advisor.

3. Switch to an excellent alternative,Moderator Action: Modified Special Domestic Advisor
Please read the forum rules:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889Moderator Action: .

files.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
Moderator Action:

12monkeys said:
on large city lists the city zoom button stopped working for the lower table lines. Its very likly not to be a problem of my code, but a problem of the firaxis code.

Actually the first two are viable work arounds, but 12Monkey's MOD has the same problem. I was considering it for an option when it was released, but it's still has the same problem, and probably will until Fraxis fix the problem with "examine City button". That seems to be where the issue is coming from. Other then that it is a great MOD, but I just like to give people the option of setting up their menus who they please, and felt that outweighed the features of 12Monkey's MOD.

Mahatmajon, Thanks! I'll be adding that as soon as things aren't so hectic for me IRL.;)

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Alerum, maybe it's time to start thinking of a more expansive installation with options so each person could choose exactly what mods to install? :)

Blasphemous said:
Alerum, maybe it's time to start thinking of a more expansive installation with options so each person could choose exactly what mods to install? :)

Yeah, that would be cool! Perhaps tdb's Mod Switcher could be used to make it happen.

alerum68 said:
Actually the first two are viable work arounds, but 12Monkey's MOD has the same problem. I was considering it for an option when it was released, but it's still has the same problem, and probably will until Fraxis fix the problem with "examine City button". That seems to be where the issue is coming from. Other then that it is a great MOD, but I just like to give people the option of setting up their menus who they please, and felt that outweighed the features of 12Monkey's MOD.

Actually, Taelis's mod crashes Civ4 about 1/2 of the time that I simply open it (once past 20 cities), even after I'm able to open it once blank and then again successfully in a single session (which was generally described as the way to avoid the crash). It has nothing to do with the Examine City button, which I don't even use. 12Monkeys' MSDA only seems to crash when you use Examine City. So, I've been using MSDA and just avoiding Examine City, and I've been fine. Maybe I'm just lucky though, or rather unlucky with Taelis's.

I hope that I'm not complaining about something that has allready been fixed or shown how to be fixed but I get this every time I start a turn and another while the ai is doing its turn.

Thanks!

lost_civantares said:
I hope that I'm not complaining about something that has allready been fixed or shown how to be fixed but I get this every time I start a turn and another while the ai is doing its turn.

I think that it maybe 2 issues that maybe causing it.

1) The autolog directory wasn't set in the autolog.py file.. I'm only saying this because it's complaining about "log" functions.

2) Are you using the MOD stock, or have you tried to add or edit the program? You may want to reinstall the MOD, replacing your Assets folder completely. After you do that modify the autolog.py file to have a valid log directory, just to make sure.

Let me know if that helps!

Alerum68 - wasn't there a discussion about the turn counter in the logger being different from the turn counter on the screen? I've changed my logger to fix this. I also added a counter for the number of turns since the last load. It starts at 0 and just increments by 1.

See here.

Hey everyone,
Just return from my trip to Cairo and will take a look at everything. Hopefully will have a complete MOD pack by the end of the month, with all the additions I was hoping to throw in.

It was for tourism, and I had a blast. Plan on going back in Decemeber or January too.;) Thanks.

So, has anyone merged our two mods together successfully yet, or do I still have my work cut out for me?;)

It actually should be pretty easy since now it uses CustomEventInterface instead of its own random one...so now, all it needs is that file integrated with the others that use that file, The Great Person screen, THe art files put in, and it should work...For some reason I think Im forgetting another file, but it shouldn't cause any trouble.

Patricius

Yes, it ought to work. I got it to work at least once, but I seem to remember that you had problems, Alerum.

Send me an email with your files if you have problems, and I'll tell you when I can look into it.

:bump: Greatest mod collection ever. I want to do EVERYTHING as long as it doesn't alter gameplay. I think some of the advisor screens technically give unavailable info on this but it's negligible.

Looking forward to a new revision with more mods.

Hmm...
I can't seem to get the mod to work. While it's loading up after the initial restart, it gets about 80% of the way done then CTD.

Sevo's mod works just fine.

Anyone else have a problem?

necrosmith said:
I can't seem to get the mod to work. While it's loading up after the initial restart, it gets about 80% of the way done then CTD.

Are you trying to run it with the new v1.61? I wouldn't expect it to work. You'll have to wait for Alerum to put together a new version (which will require the individual mod creators to update their mods for v1.61).

Top Bottom