Amazon pre-order watch thread

FWIW, the last 2 games I pre-ordered from Amazon, did not arrive in time despite their websites assurances of free delivery on the day of release.

Beyond Earth arrived 2 days after release date
X-Com 2, day of release I got an email saying my game would be shipped in 3 weeks time. Immediately cancelled and drove into town to pick it up.

Needless to say, I ain't ever pre-ordering from Amazon again.

Cerilis

Stormrider
FWIW, the last 2 games I pre-ordered from Amazon, did not arrive in time despite their websites assurances of free delivery on the day of release.

Beyond Earth arrived 2 days after release date
X-Com 2, day of release I got an email saying my game would be shipped in 3 weeks time. Immediately cancelled and drove into town to pick it up.

Needless to say, I ain't ever pre-ordering from Amazon again.
Let's hope amazon germany works more efficiently. ^^"

darthtoon

Chieftain
got my preorder's shipping speed upgraded to 1-day shipping, thanks to Amazon's customer service, because I accidentally put my cat's name on the shipping address when I preordered the game.

Stringer1313

Emperor
Guys --- I am greatly confused by all the Amazon folks talking about shipping. What, exactly, are they shipping to you? A CD? A flash drive? I am an old fart and borderline-luddite, and even all MY game purchases in the last decade have been entirely digital. That's why my amazon order doesn't have a shipping date. Am I missing something here? Why am I the only one on this thread that seems to have ordered the digital option from Amazon?

Sprenk

Prince
got my preorder's shipping speed upgraded to 1-day shipping, thanks to Amazon's customer service, because I accidentally put my cat's name on the shipping address when I preordered the game.
1). Wait, your cat is an Amazon Prime member, but you're not? :confused:
2). How did you "accidentally" put your cat's name on the order? You're not one of those furries, are you? :)

DeutschDachs

Emperor
Guys --- I am greatly confused by all the Amazon folks talking about shipping. What, exactly, are they shipping to you? A CD? A flash drive? I am an old fart and borderline-luddite, and even all MY game purchases in the last decade have been entirely digital. That's why my amazon order doesn't have a shipping date. Am I missing something here? Why am I the only one on this thread that seems to have ordered the digital option from Amazon?

I think most people who ordered physical are getting the Collectors Edition which did not have a digital option. At least that's what I'm waiting on (kind of wish I stuck with just the digital deluxe now that I know I could've played on Thursday due to my timezone though

darthtoon

Chieftain
1). Wait, your cat is an Amazon Prime member, but you're not? :confused:
2). How did you "accidentally" put your cat's name on the order? You're not one of those furries, are you? :)

no, my Amazon account is on Amazon Prime and I got too excited for the game, and accidentally typed in my cat's name in the Shipping Address section during the checkout process

Stringer1313

Emperor
I think most people who ordered physical are getting the Collectors Edition which did not have a digital option. At least that's what I'm waiting on (kind of wish I stuck with just the digital deluxe now that I know I could've played on Thursday due to my timezone though

Oh.. thanks for the explanation. Well, now I'm curious - if you ordered the collector's edition, what does the "game" that ships with everything else even look like? Is it a CD? A flash drive? A piece of paper with a code on it?

gohuskies

Chieftain

https://civilization.com/news/entri...ed-quantity-25th-anniversary-edition-revealed

Comes with an art book, some coins, a map, the first 4 DLCs. No digital option available for this one.

Still hasn't been shipped yet though :( I am really hoping for a key so I can play tomorrow evening.

WillowBrook

Lurker

For the standard edition, there was a discount for prime members only on the non-digital version. That's why I'm waiting for delivery. (Seems odd, you'd think amazon would want to encourage digital buys to eliminate their delivery cost.)

CaptainKoloth

Chieftain
I'm waiting for the 25th anniversary shipping info from Amazon also. FWIW, the last time I preordered a physical game from Amazon a few months ago, it was being released on a Tuesday and I got a notice that the game had shipped on 3:34 AM Monday morning- it actually arrived later on Monday. So I'm not going to panic too much about it quite yet. It's annoying not to have the codes to preload, though I feel like in a few months I'll be far happier than I have all the 25th anniversary physical stuff then that I had to wait a few more hours to preload (though I totally get the frustration).

Cerilis

Stormrider
I'm waiting for the 25th anniversary shipping info from Amazon also. FWIW, the last time I preordered a physical game from Amazon a few months ago, it was being released on a Tuesday and I got a notice that the game had shipped on 3:34 AM Monday morning- it actually arrived later on Monday. So I'm not going to panic too much about it quite yet. It's annoying not to have the codes to preload, though I feel like in a few months I'll be far happier than I have all the 25th anniversary physical stuff then that I had to wait a few more hours to preload (though I totally get the frustration).
Sounds good, I was already getting nervous, because I didn't get the notice yet. ^^"

Oleary

OF
Supporter

Thanks for the update. I e-mailed Amazon but got a canned response. I'm working all day Friday anyway, but hoping to have it for the weekend. And you're right, in the end, we wanted the swag, so a little wait isn't the end of the world. Again, thanks for the encouraging story.

Cyberian

Warlord
So I cancelled the physical and bought the digital but even the digital one does not release before official release time.

So no pre-loading and such. Amazon is really the worst for buying games would not have done it if I hadn't had a gift coupon.

WorldWarIV

Captain
They just called me to tell me they can't ship it before Monday because they won't have it before then. So I can't play before Tuesday at best. It really sucks because I was off Friday through Monday. I hate Amazon and I hate my life.

gohuskies

Chieftain
They just called me to tell me they can't ship it before Monday because they won't have it before then. So I can't play before Tuesday at best. It really sucks because I was off Friday through Monday. I hate Amazon and I hate my life.

Can you still cancel? If mine won't show up until next week I will cancel as well and just order through Steam.

WorldWarIV

Captain
Yes, as long as your order haven't shipped. I really want to play on Friday but at the same time I want the 25th anniversary edition, so I don't know if I will cancel.

Gintoki89

Warlord
I haven't heard anything yet, no indication of shipping date or anything. I might cancel at this point, the only thing I want from the CE is the artbook but I think I want to play ASAP more.

Top Bottom