[AND] Great Britannia - Video Et Taceo

Oohforf

Praise loud, blame soft.
Welcome to Great Britannia

We shall be playing as...

Spoiler :

Once again... ;) :blush:

The mod is Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn. Nothing else like it ;).
Grab a steaming bowl of Shepard's Pie, and lets get started, shall we?
___________________________________​

But first before we actually start the story, let me just tell you that down below this message is a couple pictures of my edited version of the GEM (am I allowed to show you these pictures? Is it legal? :O).

Spoiler :
I completely redid the British isles. It was just too small for me :p I tried my best to make it as accurate as possible. With changes to Great Britain, changes also had to happen to Ireland. Since it's not...100% finished (I still need to add a couple of late game resources to it), you may or may not see some things pop up in the game that weren't there in the previous picture. Of course, the British Isles are now...kinda huge, lolz. Great Britain is about the size of Norway...but don't worry about it ;).

Added a row to the very north of the Iberian Peninsula, to give them (especially Portugal) more space.

With changes to Iberia, changes had to come to France, to make it look more...sensible, lol.

Reduced the epic amounts of tundra and snow to Canada and Northern USA. It's not that cold here! D:

That's about it, besides a couple little nit-picky changes.

________________​

Chapter 1: The Lond

The years went by oh-so-slowly.

Lead by their new leader, Elizabeth the Liberator, the inspiring woman promised to lead them to greatness (A.N: Wow, I'm being quite redundant with the leads here, aren't I? O.o).

The Celtic Briton people of Brythonia were set free by this woman, and swore allegiance to her.

(A.N: If you wish to know how, you can read this down below. Otherwise, you can skip.)

Spoiler :
Bodies of the dead littered the ground, and they didn't stop coming. More, and more bodies kept on being thrown out the small window.

“Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?”

The whole village of Rishlea (Northern Wales in the game) was gathered in front of the small dun fortress, but not close enough to actually be hit by the bodies in some way, or splashed in blood. Mothers covered their childrens eyes to stop them from seeing this horror. Finally, the body of the clan leader, Reginald came flying out of the window. People saw the body, but not one person was phased by it.

Harmen, the village general, came marching up to the front of the crowd, lightly pushing all to the side who was in the way.

“By the gods, he's dead! At least, I think he is.” He ghasped.

Alfred, the village healer came up to the body and Harmen. He gently placed his hand upon his heart.

“Yes, he is dead. I cannot say that it is tragic” he muttered under his breath. “Alfred, why do you insist of placing your hands over a persons chest if you wish to check that they are dead? I must say it's quite unnerving.”

“There is a living drum inside of every person. Once that drum stops, their life is over. Doing that is a good way to tell. Ah, the villagers!” Alfred got up, and announced:

“Good villagers. Our great leader, Reginald is dead.” Nobody said a single thing. It's almost as if they hated their, leader, maybe even glad that he dead. Nobody had a look of compassion on their face.

“Well of course he's dead.” A woman, who appeared quite young (late 20s/early 30s) appeared out of the castle. She had orange/red hair, and she had rather pale skin. Around 15 warriors followed behind her.

“We killed him. A person like him deserved a death such as this.” she said

“You come in this village, and kill our leader, claiming that he deserved a death? He was our leader!” yelled Alfred.

“Stop acting as if you even have a shred of respect for him! I am sure you all know that you all have a rabid hatred for that man. You are happy he is gone! I witnissed his attrocities! I would see his guards kidnapping young girls, taking them back to this fortress, and never seeing them again! You all have heard of the pillage and rape of Sekkala, haven't you? He commited all those disgusting acts there, and after that, set the village ablaze, despite that village being part of this clan. I was there. You all know his disgusting acts.”

“Perhaps you are right, woman. Our ruler is gone. Who will lead us? Alfred asked. “Allow me to be your leader.” she replied

“Truly you are feeble minded. Let a person such as you rule us? You are only but a woman!” Harman seethed.

“Perhaps I am just a woman, but I do believe I can lead our people to greatness. We have already obliterated this ruthless tyrant. Why can't we do greater?”

“I suppose...I suppose you are right. We don't have anywhere else to go. Nobody to lead us.” Alfred empathized. “What? You cannot be serious, good friend! She is a woman!” Hermon fumed.

“Briton women give birth to strong Briton men.” she replied. Harmon had nothing more to say after that. Alfred kneeled down. And said the words

“I, Alfred, do swear that I will well and truly serve our one and only leader...”

“Elizabeth. My name is Elizabeth.”

“Our one and only leader, Elizabeth. May the Gods help me.

After he was done, one by one, all the villagers started to bow down and swear allegiance to Elizabeth, all except Harmon. All he did was do a lazy bow. Elizabeth figured he wasn't ready for such change yet.

The people then set out, to conquer the world.

A small group of scouts set out a couple days earlier of Elizabeth and the Brittonic people's small encampment to try to find the perfect place for their final settling location.

"Do you ever think we shall find a good point to settle" asked one of the scouts.

"You would like my honest judgement? No, not at all, my good friend. Quite frankly, I am wondering why I even decided to pledge myself to this woman. We are men! We should be the ones leading! Not that...creature." he complained.

"Heh. Perhaps we will be lucky and run into group of people being ruled by a violent dictator?"

They both walked for a couple of days. Fighting various animals along the way, and being forced to eat the meat of Grizzly bears for months really got their morals down. Unknown to them, their troubles would soon come to an end.

"I think I have found the...right spot. Please, come quickly."

He opened the bushes to find a wide, flat area. A couple hours south, and they found a wide river that faded away eastward.

"This is perfect." he sighed.

"My people, our journey finally ends here, over these treacherous and deceiving lands We shall find our first city in this very spot . Fertile land surround us, and this river truly is a gift, as well as a message from the gods. Let us hope they will empower us with their greatness, and we shall rise."

Overjoyed, the Brittonic people started construction, shaping the village in their own way. Elizabeth took in the happiness on her people's faces. Elizabeth looked in awe as she saw her Palace finished. Looking toward the cheering masses of people, they cried for a name. She gently raised her hand, signalling the people to quiet down.

"We shall name this place "Lond", as it sits upon the great blue abyss itself. The gods have been bountiful, and we must be grateful. We shall create a great pyre, in their honor. For this land of England!"

The people roared and rejoiced.

Soon, ambitous young men eager to serve their leader, pledged themselves to protect the people of Lond.

Elizabeth knew that the herself, as well as the English people were certainly in for a long haul.

Looks good, so far. You better get the historic extent of Great Britain.. India and America and such.

I'm holding out hope that this story will have a much more stable lifetime,
since your first two stories had so much promise but were tragically cut short by (save loss?) if I recall correctly.
Anyways, I'm not sure about that Shepherd's Pie so I think I'm going to grab some fish & chips instead and get started there.

Obligatory sub post comment.

This should be interesting. Subbing and keeping an eye on this story.

Looks good, so far. You better get the historic extent of Great Britain.. India and America and such.

Oh, don't worry. I will ^.^ At least I will try xD

I'm holding out hope that this story will have a much more stable lifetime,
since your first two stories had so much promise but were tragically cut short by (save loss?) if I recall correctly.
Anyways, I'm not sure about that Shepherd's Pie so I think I'm going to grab some fish & chips instead and get started there.

Obligatory sub post comment.

A mixture of save loss and computer drama, yes. :x

Fish and Chips is always good!

This should be interesting. Subbing and keeping an eye on this story.

New update!!!

Chapter 1 Part 2 - Busy Beginnings

Agriculture was discovered outside of Lond in 5475 BC. Workers were soon sent out to tender to the land around the village.

Around this time, warriors and scouts were volunteering to explore more of the unknown lands. They were sent north, as there have been reports of another civilization toward that direction.

The reports were apparently correct - Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland.

The English were not new to the Scottish, and vice versa. Both shared a common past. With the discovery of the Scottish, Elizabeth started to ponder if the two city states possibly weren't the only two on this island, or world.

Niall Noi, of Ireland

Wilhelmina of The Netherlands

It did soon become evident that English were not the only ones in this game for power.

Back in Lond, research flourished.

Besides farming and sexual activity with the wives, the men finally had a reason to get out. The Hunt.

With the discovery of Naturopathy, Witch Doctor huts started being built. A notable Witch Doctor hut was one owned by the one the villagers called "Mad Marleigh" they called her. However, she was the best doctor in town.

The villagers finally had their own more sophisticated (or wild, whatever you want to put it) way to pay their respects to the gods. Ritualism introduced these ways for them.

Great start! :)

BURN THE SCOTS :mwaha: (and the Irish but that's a given :p)

Reports of new civilizations soon swamped Elizabeth in diplomacy.

Isabel I - Isabella I of Spain

Yekaterina of Russia - Catherine II

Napoleon Bonaparte

Fredrich of Germany

István of Hungary - Stephen I of Hungary

Maria II of Portugal

Kazimierz Wielki - Casimir III of Poland

Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus

Стефан Урош IV Душан Силни - Stephen Uroš IV Dušan - Dusan of Serbia

"Amy, I've been told that you have used a ship to cross the blue abyss to The Netherlands. Is this true? What possessed you to go there on diplomatic reasons without my permission?" Elizabeth asked her, calmly.

"With due respect, leader, I went there for trade. The Dutch are good trading partners to us, and I suggest that we keep good relations with Wilhelmina and her people. Our workers are putting these new discoveries out of the trade to the test in our lands." she replied.

"Ah, I suppose I see. Much more knowledge has certainly come to our people. Erm, I assume that we ourselves have discovered new knowlege?"

"Yes, leader".

Outside Lond, the foods that cows could produce were being cultivated, while horses were being domesticated. They were quite fast and powerful creatures. People started to ponder if they would be able to support the men in battle.

One of the biggest - if not THE biggest - discovery for the English people. Writing. The people were able to communicate to one another. (continued in Side Stories)

The Bryttonic people were very Spiritual when it came to their beliefs. After years, they were able to communicate their certain rites. The new School of Scribes in Lond was the perfect place to continue their beliefs.

Pottery reared it's head in York. Learning the old technique from the Scots of the north, the art soon spread over the land. English women had something else to occupy their time with. Not only were they excellent containers for food and rink, they were also added a touch of high class décor to even the most shabby clay house.

Masonry was an accomplishment. Grand structures started to be put up. The higher wealth people started paying extravagant sums for the best slaves to build for them

The kingdom was growing.

Along with the normal story, there will be Side Stories

Sometimes they will be stories not exactly related to the main plot about the normal citizens in the British Empire, sometimes you will see the culture of the English people, sometimes you may see stories about the Royal family itself. You may just see the most general things. A lot of the time, many of the pictures you see may not correspond with English culture (mostly in early eras), but you may learn something new nonetheless. :p

You will see A LOT of these in the future, lol.

For now, we will introduce the four people who will in the future help shape the empire, Elizabeth's political choices, and even her personal life in the future. Her advisors.

___

Harmen, the Military Advisor.

Born in Northern Scotland, Harmen had been battle hardened from a young age, acting as a rebel against Reginald's tyranny. Not looking to bow down to anybody after seeing the damage of Reginald, he claims that he was literally forced to swear allegiance to Elizabeth.

Wilona, the Financial Advisor

Though she was one of the first people to swear allegience to Elizabeth, she is still a bit skeptical of her. A very intellectual and serious woman, she seems to know knowledge ahead of her time.

Amy, the Foreign advisor.

The youngest of the advisor, she is a very fun-loving person, but people often criticize her for always having her head in the clouds. However, she is smart enough to know that diplomacy is tough business, and takes her job seriously. She is known for her sharp diplomacy and silver tongue.

Alfred, the Scientific Advisor.

An expert healer and scientific mastermind, Alfred. He is a man that is quiet, tends to keep to himself, and speaks when only spoken to. Just by the sight of him, people know that they are looking at an intellectual man. He seems to know knowledge ahead of his time.

(Umm, well OF COURSE I used the advisors from Civ 5! Even though they could be kinda...very...annoying in Civ 5, I wanted to bring them back :D)

____

With the discovery of writing, there have been a breakthrough when it came to Spirituality.

At the Lond School of Scribes, new arts and literature were being produced.

Clay tablets were being produced all over England to keep up with the new hype of Writing.

Wooden Styluses were being used in order to write in the clay.

With writing, illustration soon followed.

________

That's all for today! More tomorrow! I'll soon include a picture of the whole empire, amongst other things.

great job! :thumbsup:

:goodjob: Really like your writing style :)

Perhaps Amy should be Queen instead of Elizabeth.

She's showing more foresight and initiative (and betrayal?) in dealing with the Dutch.

lurker's comment: cue mayor: Dutch? did anyone say Dutch? whats up? *Looks for the part Dawn is refering to* aaah.. trading.. nevermind then.. back to lurking :hide:

:p

Top Bottom