Ank11 - Cultural Domination Again

Ankka

Deity
Yes, it is true. Cultural Domination Episode 2 is here.

The original game was a great success, played on Regent. This time I thought a little more challenge would be nice, and we'll be doing this on Monarch.

Variant: No attacking of cities. Ever. Only way to capture enemy cities is via culture and making peace. And we will be heading for domination.

Settings:
World size: Standard
World type: Continents, 70% water
Other world settings: random
Barbs: Roaming

Civ 3 version: Original 1.29f

And the flag of our nation: courtesy of Mistfit

Start: (this one not chosen, see last post on page for the start we used)

Roster:
Bede
Scythe89
Tomoyo
grs - replaced by Jurimax later in the game
Ankka

:bump:

No one interested? Boring people, no interest in trying anything new or insane... bah.

Just to please you guys, this can be done on monarch or a better start, too...

Interesting idea. Not a sign in yet...could you give a link to the orginal so I could look though it. I don't really understand how domination is possible through flips only.

Edit X'ed up with grs. Great minds think alike :D (and feeble minds rarely differ)

This start is on Emperor, which is the level the first game with this variant was played on (Epic 13 here is a link to Sirian's game), and here is Wiz04 - Cultural Domination, which I actually got the idea for totally myself...

We can of course do it on Monarch, which would be propably better as we are gonna be the Zulu, who get no cheap cultural buildings. A new start would be in order then, though.

Propaganda is ok and propably essential late in the game.

But sorry, this will be vanilla.

Ankka,

I'm in for the next level rematch. Either level is fine.

hi, I'm a loooong time lurker (well... only for a few years) and I would like to join. I can win pretty easily with Monarch and can challenge Emperor... I've read about 20 or so succession games so I get the general idea. I'm a pretty 'messy' player, but I'll slow down and try to be a 'neater' player. I'll play like my life depends on it ;).

Can I join? I have no experience with 100K what-so-ever though... :o

I have read some of the passive domination games like the RBC epic.

:confused:

I sure posted a reply here yesterday... What happened to it? :confused:

But, it was something like this:

Bede, Scythe and Tomoyo are in. Welcome. :)

Last spot open... who wants it?

@Tomoyo: this won't be a 100k game, actually cultural victory will be turned off to avoid getting it when trying to push the borders culturally.

And what did I just remember? I didn't turn it off... :rolleyes: Are we crazy enough to try this even though it is on? If not, I'll generate some new starts.. and that will allow choosing the level: Monarch or Emperor? I need a vote now.

IMHO Emperor would be quite a challenge, so maybe Monarch would be more do-able as we're the Zulu with no cultural cheap buildings..

I thought that this would be very similar to a 100K game?

Vote for Monarch. Emperor if we don't use the Zulus.

Well, you are right, this will be very similar to a 100k in some things like rushing culture, but the goal will be domination which adds some different flavor to it as it won't be so much just boring waiting for the 100k hit.

On the nation: I'd like to play some of the civs that aren't so badly overplayed, so this would be the list:

Underplayed civs:

Aztecs (my choice if we are not the Zulu)
English (just played in one SG, no)
Zulu (preferably these, really underplayed in SG's)
Egypt (played in Wiz04, nope)
Russia (I'm playing in one other SG as Russia, so nope)

Which leaves Azteca and the Zulu. You may decide.

I think the Aztecs are better for our purposes, so I would try Emperor if we use them. Zulu for Monarch. No real preference.

Shake your booty, Shaka! Go Zulu!

Votes so far on country:

Aztecs: Tomoyo
Zulu: Ankka, Bede

Level:

Monarch: Tomoyo (if the Zulu)
Emperor: Tomoyo (if the Aztecs)
Bede was fine with both..

We need one more player, join fast!

@Tomoyo: oops. nevermind. We'll be doing the Zulu on Monarch, seems, anyway. :blush:

@grs: welcome in. :D

Game settings:
World size: Standard
World type: Continents, 70% water
Other world settings: random
Barbs: Roaming
Civ: Zulu
Level: Monarch
Cultural victory off.

After a few tries I got this one, which IMHO looks very promising.

On the tactic: get out some scouts ASAP, build a granary and start pumpin' settlers to grab as much land as possible early.

Bede, want to start it? Here's the save:

Top Bottom