Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

I'm really sorry guys, I'm not sure at the moment how to fix the issues raised since I last posted. Hopefully someone will be able to help. Sorry again that I've not been around so much, it's just RL issues.

First deal with your RL issues and come back to us then. Your Mod is a pearl among the top5 of the Mods. It deserves an ultimate stable version.
At least, the last stable version on-line should be a good way to keep AD alive?
Unfortunately, I don't keep the previews versions and I don't remember which one was the neatest. Any Idea?

Indeed. The pacing of AD is just right for me. Adapting to the growth mechanics is a bit tough, and the wonderspam meta is kind of weird, but the scope is brilliantly envisioned and executed. I'll just have to keep speculating on my bugs and go tinker with CPP for a while, I guess.

I don't know what am I doing wrong, but I just can't get this mod to work properly.

First I thought that it was because IGE, but than I did a fresh install and same errors ocurred.
- no city states on any map
- reaaallyy low on resources and luxuries - example - no horse or cattle on the whole map -> on any map
- no ancient ruins

Every other mod that i tried works fine.

Latest civ version + all dlcs enabled

Any suggestion would be helpfull

Edit:

Everything is working. Tried a fresh installation on another comp and no errors.
It seems that my civ5 wasnt properly patched. It showed that it was the latest version, but some files weren't up to date.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Hi, I've finally gotten around to trying out the mod however upon loading up the all of the civ packs I'm only able to have access to Zenobia's Palmyra and Trung Sisters' Vietnam. Is there a problem with the dropbox files or is it an issue on my side? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I downloaded v26 from a torrent and I'm a little confused about piety. That feature seems to be missing? I watched Marbozir's Let's Play and he had a state religion, etc. I never get that option and I'm pretty far into a game (just built the Great Library). Lots of beliefs seem to have piety increasing options but my game doesn't have it. Is there a companion mod I'm missing? I have Anno Domini, Anno Domini Art Files and all of the civilizations enabled.

P.S. The food output is waaaaay too high. I've just run out of tiles to work in my capital (38 pop) and I'm ~45% through the technology tree.

Great mod but it keeps dropping sometimes at 30 rounds and sometimes around 200+ turns and nomatter if you restart from save it will always drop at the exact same turn.

i have agressive AI and no maintaince roads. u think thats the problem? ill try one without then.

I have a question, does Cleopatra function properly in Anno Domeni? Her mod is currently buggy and I was wondering if it was fixed in AD.

The only thing I can suggest to the posters above is that there must be something different in their set-up to what I have. It could be another mod enabled - usually the culprit is EUI, which "hides" as DLC.

EUI completely broke the mod for me so I uninstalled but this problem occurred after the un-install. I might need to do a clean install of CIV to properly enjoy this mod, which might get done after the CIV VI binge.

Version 27 is now available to download from here at Civfanatics! Please go to the first post in the thread for the download link.

Version 27 contains no new content, however, the issues raised in the thread have been investigated and those I've been able to fix, I have done so. Some issues (for example the mercenaries screen not showing when starting in later eras) I've not been able to change - though it does work if you play the mod from the beginning.

The civilopedia has also been updated to correct previous errors. There were fewer than I expected thankfully!

Thank-you also to Thunderfall who has allowed me to upload the mod here. We don't know how long this is for - though it could be a permanent fixture - we're trying new ground here with the new website and having such a large file!

This is basically the finale of Anno Domini for Civ 5 as I will now be concentrating on the Civ 6 version. It doesn't mean that I'll never do another update again, as you never know, there may still be interesting Civ 5 developments and new civilizations that come out over the next year or two. Please understand though that my focus is now with Civ 6 and the website has already been changed to reflect that.

It would be nice to have some general feedback on the Civ 5 version which will help me with decision making in Civ 6. I'm not looking for "the Iberians should have had XX as their UU" but what I am looking for is whether or not the timeframe of the mod felt right. I added in extra eras late in production, mainly to add extra civs that would then fit and also because I liked the mechanics that JFD (and others) had added and wanted to see them within the mod, but needed to extend the timeframe to so do.

On reflection, I would potentially like to keep it to around 500AD as a finish line and really concentrate on the ancient world with the Civ 6 version; one of the things that I found with some of the civilizations in the Civ 5 version that they were merely the next generation of another civ featured in the mod. Probably I should not go too far afield in terms of geographical scope, though I'd like to keep in the warring states of China and have some ancient Indian presence, as well as the likes of the Punt in Africa. So it'd be mainly Ancient Med plus a few extras that were on the fringes. Do you think that would have, on reflection, worked better for you in this iteration of the mod?

So it'd be mainly Ancient Med plus a few extras that were on the fringes. Do you think that would have, on reflection, worked better for you in this iteration of the mod?

Honestly? As long the new leaders you're thinking look like gladys, punt, cleopatra, dido* and so, my answer is yes. Bring them all. AD is :love:
Seriously? There are more than 100 new civs this 2.8Gb mod... Your passion for History and tributes will kill you (I hope it will not)

How crazy i love your mod. The pearl of Civ. Tell everybody

---------------------------
edit

* or Cartimandua, her too

Last edited:
Hi, I wanna try your mod but I cant seem to get it to work...... So when Download the rar file extract the contents witch is Anno Domini (v6) Anno Domini art files (v3) + all the other Civilization folders to Documents/my games/ civ5/ MODS/ Folder. Okay did that (hopefully) then this is what i get ......... Take a look at the screen shots......

Any help would be awesome... Cant wait to play the mod

FYI all expansions and Dlc installed Civ 5 ver 1.0.3.279 (Steam)
Windows 8.1 64bit

Also yes deleted and unsubscribed all steam workshop mods

Attachments

• 20161112122128_1.jpg
    20161112122128_1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 20161112122211_1.jpg
    20161112122211_1.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 190
  • 20161112122218_1.jpg
    20161112122218_1.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 20161112122227_1.jpg
    20161112122227_1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 194
  • 20161112122253_1.jpg
    20161112122253_1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I got it to work !!! Have know idea tho on why it did that? I deleted all the Anno Domini files and just tried a regular civ 5 game and the same thing happened so... I dont know what i did but i said fudge ill just do a clean civ 5 reinstall and then it worked!!!!

Thanks currently playing first game with your mod as Leonidas so far so good love it. Taking a break from CIV 6 til some patches or decent mods come out.

Hi, I just found your mod a few days ago and say so far it looks good & will give me a Civ I can play until I save for Win7+ CPU & get Civ VI. Anyways. I have a little complaint; I found the mod via Steam and no where on your site there could I see a "requirements" area telling people that all the DLC's are required!!! I had to come here and spend an hour+ to finialy see that in a post. Luckily, Steam had a decent sale
and I was able to purchase. You need to put this requirement on Steam page. It was frustrating spending a half as day's playing time trying to figure out why game was messed up.

Also, is the a place that explains more of all the new stuff you have included; for example "shackles". I have some and AI foes keep asking to trade. All your in game explanation is something to to with military
units; not only what, but how???? I found on person playing on YouTube, but it comes down to "Do I want to watch or play myself"

Thanks,

MN

Hi, I just found your mod a few days ago and say so far it looks good & will give me a Civ I can play until I save for Win7+ CPU & get Civ VI. Anyways. I have a little complaint; I found the mod via Steam and no where on your site there could I see a "requirements" area telling people that all the DLC's are required!!! I had to come here and spend an hour+ to finialy see that in a post. Luckily, Steam had a decent sale
and I was able to purchase. You need to put this requirement on Steam page. It was frustrating spending a half as day's playing time trying to figure out why game was messed up.

Also, is the a place that explains more of all the new stuff you have included; for example "shackles". I have some and AI foes keep asking to trade. All your in game explanation is something to to with military
units; not only what, but how???? I found on person playing on YouTube, but it comes down to "Do I want to watch or play myself"

Thanks,

MN

Slavery is a part of CID, and so if Rob's missed anything from it then reasonably accurate details can be found on the CID thread; for example, this is about Slavery and Shackles.

The glitches I encounter seem to have something to do with the Lua used to write unusual lines to the unit box. I selected a cargo ship, but then its route info stayed in the box when selecting another unit. Additionally, at some point my game stopped displaying my Combat Strength on my units.

There are names of different civs written on the map, I don't think they're even in the game. And a horde of Barbarian Spearmen and Handaxes (with the icons of guardsmen and slingers) appeared when the tech level was still for chariots.

But the zeroes don't appear anymore.

--
I can also note, don't play with modified planet settings. The game is imbalanced if fresh water is scarce or jungles are too plentiful, messes up strategic and luxury resources.

Top Bottom