Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that there WILL be bugs! In having so many user settings, it's difficult to keep track of everything. In addition, I haven't tested this mod with a lot of other mods on, so I've no idea how it'll interact. Be on the look out especially for unique buildings that aren't properly updated to reflect this mod's changes. Also, please report back on balance. Otherwise, have fun!

On Crimes:

Spoiler :

Feel free to query the concept. It is a WIP component, and most certainly will need balancing. Pouakai rose some valid concerns (which I corraborated with a quick AI game) over the complete replacement of Maintenance, so most likely I will retain Gold Maintenance in some manner - atm I am thinking for Production, Food buildings, and the Espionage Buildings (seeing as they'll be combating crime itself) (i.e. those buildings that provide a public service).

And yes, Sovereignty will most definitely interact with Crimes. And the Pentagon affecting Crime is a good idea, Kesler.

There seems to be a bug with the txt key for liberalism.

Also, do new cities increase the distance in which colonies are founded? Because I feel that having a fixed distance from the Capital is kinda... Eh... Weird? Specially for wide empires. Anyway, I'll go play a game with it before further opining. :p

It doesn't help when you don't specify the bug :p I get no errors.

Distance is fixed. Why shouldn't it be? The map doesn't change its size :p It should be reduced, actually. This is intended for Greek-style colonies, whereas the Colonist is intended for British-style.

I can't wait to try this out. By the way; kind of an odd question, but since humanism was replaced by liberalism, does it still use the same quote?

No, I changed it to: "Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved" by Aristotle. Dracula didn't seem the best to comment on Liberalism. Also updated the pedia.

Did a quick test: EUI failed to display their Queue system. Then my computer blue screened :p

Going back in, going to see if EUI is affected by CCC or not. Will keep you posted.

It doesn't help when you don't specify the bug :p I get no errors.
That error when they show their tag rather than actual text. Like "TXT_KEY_CIV_TCM_BOURBON_SPAIN_DESC" rather than "Spain"

Distance is fixed. Why shouldn't it be? The map doesn't change its size :p
It's kinda weird, like if I'm playing as Rome and I want to expand in all directions of the mediterranean (And beyond), I won't be able to settle in say, Britain without turning the city into a colony. Or if I'm playing as Russia, all of Siberia will be composed of colonies. (Or even funnier, large colonial nations such as America and Brazil would end up with colonies in california and amazonia)

And since there's no way to annex colonies... Well, it's not only immersion breaking to have colonies in your mainland, but it also kinda that limits severely the number of actual cities that you can have; most of them will be colonies.

Launched another game without CCC, EUI Queue is back. Going to launch in CCC again.

Do you perhaps have other mods that also edit the CityView and/or Production panel?

I do, but I've modified them so they are compatible with EUI. It works fine with every mod I have installed thus far, until I use CCC, for whatever reason. Is anyone else getting this issue? That will be a better confirmer if there is a bug or if it is my setup.

Also, tarcisiocm, I think you can adjust the maximum number of tiles away. Theoretically, you could use the mod so that Colonies are only created when using the new Colonist Unit.

That error when they show their tag rather than actual text. Like "TXT_KEY_CIV_TCM_BOURBON_SPAIN_DESC" rather than "Spain"

It's kinda weird, like if I'm playing as Rome and I want to expand in all directions of the mediterranean (And beyond), I won't be able to settle in say, Britain without turning the city into a colony. Or if I'm playing as Russia, all of Siberia will be composed of colonies. (Or even funnier, large colonial nations such as America and Brazil would end up with colonies in california and amazonia)

And since there's no way to annex colonies... Well, it's not only immersion breaking to have colonies in your mainland, but it also kinda that limits severely the number of actual cities that you can have; most of them will be colonies.

Does everything else show up? Pedia text, for instance.

Well, that makes sense. Cities in Siberia were colonies (I swear this discussion has been had on ExCE). But I don't think America or Brazil would have that problem - unless the US is more than 20 tiles across.

The Great Magistrate and Great Dignitary can both annex colonies.

However, if you really don't like it, change the distance in the user settings, or disable it outright. I didn't make everything optional for the fun of it!

First off: Phenomenal work. Every time I attempt to improve my personal mod, I see you're making the same thing but better, and get a little depressed. :p

That being said, I know you're quite partial to them, but I'm unsure about the use of percentages rather than simple integers in the crime system. It makes sense with loyalty, but I don't think it's appropriate for crime. I'm also a bit apprehensive about how total crime seems to be, with negatives across the board in that pictured city: In my opinion, crime should be more specialized in a city according to its weaknesses, with a larger negative to fewer yields. Sure, generally a city with a lot of crime will have a lot of all sorts of crime, but historically we identify certain cities with certain crimes (Victorian London's violence, Republican Rome's corruption, etc.), and that's both more flavorful and more fun.

Personally, I'd change the crimes to criminals (eg. 'Heresy' to 'Heretic'), and make certain buildings give a simple +1 to a specific criminal. Easier to understand, more apparent in the UI, and a bit more 'personal' - I have a feeling the average Civ player will have more fun quashing Heretics than just lessening Heresy.

As an aside, I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how crime interacts with your Sovereignty mod. There's a massive opportunity for historical-based fun there. :D

Does everything else show up? Pedia text, for instance.
Quote and Historical info don't, Game Info does.

However, if you really don't like it, change the distance in the user settings, or disable it outright. I didn't make everything optional for the fun of it!
I guess that I'll do that when playing with CCC, but I brought up the issue because having new cities further increase the distance would be the best option for me, rather than disabling this whole mechanic altogether

Yeah, it does seem that CCC disables the EUI Queue for me, which I'm guessing it doesn't do for you.

In addition, on the Game Set up screen, when I select the world size, it typically also sets the number of civs (Huge = 12 civs and 24 CS). But with CCC enabled, it increments the civs by 2. So now Huge = 14 civs and 28 CS. This has happened before with a separate mod, and is not game breaking as much as Quality of Life.

I don't think my logs would help, but if you would like them I can send them. I'm going to dive back in, this time with only JFD mods, Enlightenment, and the essentials such as AI diplomacy, Map Labels, IGE etc.

With ClaimClaims, you may expend DignitaryDignitaries to peacefully annex a City-State.
But how? the button of "push a medium claim" is unavailable.

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom