Announcing Dom Pedro II's Civilization 4: Test of Time

The Monument? Or the various religious temples? The problem with the temples is that they aren't just one building. There's seven of them.

I think the Sanhedrin as a Courthouse replacement might hit the nail on the head. Ok, the Sanhedrin will get +2 Culture and +1 Happiness Per 20% Culture Rate. That makes it a Courthouse and a weak Theatre roled into one.

I meant the temples. And I know there's seven of them ingame, but that would be just a matter of adding a few more entries, unless only the Jewish temple was 'eligible' to the bonus. ;)
Sanhedrin sounds good, but it smells too much to a religious court, not a secular one. So personally I would prefer to make it a combo of temple/cathedral with a courthouse.

EDIT: I do wish we had more generic building graphics from the ancient, industrial, and modern eras.

Amen to that. One of the reasons Cultural Citystyles took so long to finish is the lack of building graphics.

Sanhedrin sounds good, but it smells too much to a religious court, not a secular one.
What does a Sacrificial Altar smell like? :p

What does a Sacrificial Altar smell like? :p

To massacre, perhaps? :mischief:
It's not because Firaxis employees had little imagination on this particular building you should follow suit, you now... ;)
In any case, main reasons I suggest the temple or cathedral is because it would be the first time those buildings are made as UB in Civ4, and because it seems like the religious idendity of the Jews made them survive as a separate group over the last 2 millenia.

I'd like to add more African civs, but they were often so politically decentralized that it's hard to find kingdoms that can be included. And those that did exist tend to be the least well-known at that. Hausa? Kanem? Bachwezi? Sure, they might have been important, but nobody's really ever heard of them... Ghana could work. Kongo could work. Zimbabwe is another one, but the Mutapa kingdom would probably better represent that, but Mutapa again just leaves people scratching their heads.

Nubia?

I was going to post a picture of her, but I've sorta been beat to the joke ;)

Nubia and Ashanti are possibilities. There's already graphics for the Nubians certainly.

Well, someone made an Ashanti module after i requested one (post here), which can be found here. Civ GOLD has an Ashanti civ adapted from this one, with an animated LH and a ub (all the amenities).

If/when i decide to include the Ashanti in my mod, then i'll probably make some improved assets for it.

Top Bottom