Anyone playing Shogun 2?

blasto

Prince
I'm just wanting to see what the concensus is about Shogun 2... I just started playing it and think its pretty cool so far. But on Shogun forums, I see the same exact complaints, about AI being too easy and how EU3 rules...ect ect.

I have been liking Civ 5 so far, but will also admit that its more shallow than 4.

I'm just wanting to see what the concensus is about Shogun 2... I just started playing it and think its pretty cool so far. But on Shogun forums, I see the same exact complaints, about AI being too easy and how EU3 rules...ect ect.

I have been liking Civ 5 so far, but will also admit that its more shallow than 4.

....I guess not. I just like quoting myself:p

Haven't got the game yet. I saw on Gamespot that they gave it a 9.0 score. It even indicated the AI was much improved.

Of course after Civ 5, I don't put any "faith" in Game site scores. :)

Yes, playing it and can definitely see much improved AI and stability vs Empire, which would still freeze up during battles no matter what I did. Too early to say for sure, but there is little doubt that they learned a lot of lessons from Empire...

This is my first exposure to any of the Total War series so I can't compare. But I'm digging this battlefield management thing. The idea that they have is perfect: being able to manage battles manually, or opt to auto-resolve if you wanna. And all the little touches that amount to massive feedback in what is going on in your game.

Its going to be hard to go back to Civ for a while for me...

Shogun 2 sucks. Having more cities is always better.

Why don't they cater for the guy who just wants to have three cities in his empire, huh?

I am loving Shogun 2, and for me, it is one of the best in the series so far. I admit, I am a little biased as I have been waiting for Shogun 2 since the original Shogun released.

Honestly, it is probably the only game that is competing for playtime with CivIV.

Shogun 2 sucks. Having more cities is always better.

Why don't they cater for the guy who just wants to have three cities in his empire, huh?

I suppose having only one winning goal of total domination has something to do with it.:cry:

You can always set your own goals

I really liked it and it is the best quality at release since the original shogun. The AI is markedly improved if still no match for a decent player. The game is well designed, and frankly I would pay no attention to the whining on their forums. The users there are even more immature (as in literally younger) than the ones here.

Moderator Action: Not a Civ V discussion thread, moved to all other games. :)

I haven't bought it yet, i've heard good things about it and i was impressed by the demo, but Empire make Clement mad! :mad: real mad! so i been waiting for a little to see what the gamers say about it, i'l be getting it in a few days time hopefully, so far it looks like CA may have come good with this one :)

I finished my first game last night. Seems pretty cool so far. To me, it seems to have the best attributes of several games all rolled into one. Just the diplomacy window alone shames CiV. Holy Cow! Now I'm ripping on Civ....

Want to play!!!

Top Bottom