Audio Quotes

An up to date list of techs needing quotes would be useful for anyone who wanted to chip and provide a quote. Such as adhesives:

"Over the course of time and during their development since around 200,000BC, adhesives have gained a stable position in an increasing number of production processes. Even today there is hardly any product in our surroundings that does not contain at least one adhesive."

Ah, finally found it.

I'd be interested in continuing this by adding to the audio quotes. I have a deep voice, and I've been told by several people that I should be in radio and/or announcing. I do not have any software (that I know of) for recording audio files. If anyone can point me to low cost (free is preferred) software, that would be very helpful.

To my knowledge Audacity is the best free audio recording and editing software at the moment.

Hey, I just did a Caveman 2 Cosmos stream with Hydromancerx and Koshling. During the stream, I mentioned how I would be more than happy to do voice acting for some of the lines. I have a Blue Yeti Professional Microphone to record on, and 2+ years of speaking into a microphone for the internet. If you'd like to hear my voice to know if it's good or not for the clips, I shall put a link to my youtube below so you can hear what I sound like.

Hope to hear back soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/medraut567

@MahDryBread

Here are a few to start you out with.

Stirrup
"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." - Arabian Proverb

Armored Calvary
"Whiskey for my men, beer for the horses!" -Toby Keith

Chivalry
"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth." - Charles Kingsley

Smithing
"In a blacksmith's house all knives are wooden." -Spanish Proverb

Agricultural Tools
"Agriculture represents the single most profound ecological change in the entire 3.5 billion-year history of life." -Niles Eldredge

Thanks in advance!

@MahDryBread

OK is there anyways to "soften" your voice up more, as in lower, ie" Barry White, James Earl Jones type, because to me its a little (and i mean no offense) high pitched.

It's alright, I don't take offense. Yes, I can do a much deeper voice that I tend to do for some of my creepypasta readings.

After I record the above lines and put the ding in, what would you like me to do with the MP3s?

Thanks for the link, that should be helpful. Now, If I can just isolate the 'ping'...

You should talk to 12padams, he made a few quotes with the same software, just PM him.

Alright, I just recorded the voice clips. The only problem is the ding sound effect. I was linked a download link of it, but the ding itself is cut off very abruptly. Does anyone have a download of the full ding sound effect?

Here ya go

One of these days I'd like to do an audio clip or two just to share. Was a Theater major in my first year of College, lettered in Theater in High School and have been told I have a radio voice... rather deep toned. I'm a phone rep and people often accuse me of being a recording as it is.

I don't have any software for it or headgear is the thing (well... the gear maybe) and I'm usually next to a blaring unavoidable television so silence in the background is next to impossible to find. A couple of barriers to doing these but if you want to help guide me to some good software and some instructions on how to 'do it right' along with a few quotes to read, then I'd be very happy to ask for some solace for the brief project.

Why are you guys recording more audio quotes? They are just gunna be deleted again like 17 of mine did because an aprox 150kb per audio quote is "too big" and takes up "too much space". Aparently adding 15 seconds to the download time of the game is gunna make it take too long to download. :rolleyes:

Why spend hours coding these into the game when all your hard work just gets deleted after a month? :confused: There's no point...

Unless I've been back stabbed and lied to of course... Then go ahead, your audio quotes will be safe :goodjob:

Why are you guys recording more audio quotes? They are just gunna be deleted again like 13 of mine did because an aprox 150kb per audio quote is "too big" and takes up "too much space". Aparently adding 15 seconds to the download time of the game is gunna make it take too long to download. :rolleyes:

Why spend hours coding these into the game when all your hard work just gets deleted after a month? :confused: There's no point...

Unless I've been back stabbed and lied to of course... Then go ahead, your audio quotes will be safe :goodjob:

Thats not true and you know it. They were almost all above 300ish in size. And like i also said, i wanted more of a deep tone, come on you know i said that.

Thats not true and you know it. They were almost all above 300ish in size. And like i also said, i wanted more of a deep tone, come on you know i said that.

Actually that is true and I know it. You just said "they were almost all over 300 kb in size..." Wrong! You were probably so busy deleting them after someone said they didn't like them that you must have looked at the largest one and assumed they were all that size.

I recorded 56 total. Here are the sizes of the files without names in order of biggest to smallest:
380 (deleted)
306 (deleted)
-------- 4 were above 300kb, not almost all of them!
263 (deleted)
235 (deleted)
223 (deleted)
211 (deleted)
201 (deleted)
193 (deleted)
192 (deleted)
189 (deleted)
187 (deleted)
178 (deleted)
161 (deleted)
161 (deleted)
146 (deleted)
------- this is about the middle (below 150, what I said was the average)
140 (deleted)
112 (deleted)

Now when you deleted my audio quotes you just said the following and nothing else to me:
"I deleted some of the longer ones, its jut taking up to much space, sorry,"

If it were a space issue you would have gone to the tech audio quote folder, ordered all files by size and deleted all files over 250 kilobytes. Instead you deleted only some my quotes while leaving up much larger ones.

Need more stats? Heres the size of the top 3 biggest audio quote files right now... None of which are mine:

There are currently 40 tech quotes (only 7 of those are mine) over 150kb each... You targeted mine for deletion because you don't like my voice since it isn't as low as you want it to be. You said that you deleted them due to size issues and never mentioned my voice was too high when you deleted them. If this was actually a size issue you would not have just deleted my quotes.

When I download any game I never worry about the size... Who cares, download it overnight. You only ever have to download a game once before you can play it. Why compromise the rest of your gaming experience with a game just because you want it to download faster initially? I prefer a completed game than one lacking features due to keeping file sizes down.

I worked very hard to make sure the first 8 colomns of techs all had unique text and audio quotes. I even had to find about 10 tech text quotes myself to achieve this goal. Them boom, to cut down the download size by 2-3 megabytes these files get deleted breaking the perfectly filled and completed x1 to x8 of the tech tree.

Ever heard of a placeholder? Why not have the game complete with at least place holder audio quotes that can be replaced later?

Anyway I'm done arguing about this. It's your mod, do with it as you wish with or without my audio quotes. And if you are really worried about size there are tools to compress audio files so you could practically have the same download size while having the audio files I created. I've got them if you want them because I back up everything but if not...

Adios amigos:lol:

Now when you deleted my audio quotes you just said the following and nothing else to me:
"I deleted some of the longer ones, its jut taking up to much space, sorry,"

If it were a space issue you would have gone to the tech audio quote folder, ordered all files by size and deleted all files over 250 kilobytes. Instead you deleted only some my quotes while leaving up much larger ones.
never mentioned my voice was too high when you deleted them. If this was actually a size issue you would not have just deleted my quotes.

Ever heard of a placeholder? Why not have the game complete with at least place holder audio quotes that can be replaced later?
I've got them if you want them because I back up everything but if not...

Adios amigos:lol:

I thought, and i am sure i did say at least something about a LOWER tone, i am almost sure about that?? And your right i was looking for those quotes and i cant find them, so i just wrote that above, still looking for them and i hit enter, by mistake, but anyways, if you take this as a fable then thats up to you, i didnt mean it that way, and well darn it, i know i informed someone of the tone of voice, I thought it was you. Darn A.D.D> and meds anyways, sorry if i didnt:blush:
Darn, now i lost my train of thought again, geez . . .
Thats why i dont like long paragraphs, i get confused fast.

And NO i dont know about placeholders?? Sorry.

Top Bottom