Australian Summer Patch discussion thread

"AI will now continue to research repeatable techs and civics"

What does this mean?

If they get to the end of either tree I take it.

Sand blowing in the outback :D

I believe I just had barbarians take out an AI player? No one capped anyone else and it just said unmet player defeated.
Turn 112

Slowing down the era changes is nice, but where are the peaceful playstyle buffs? Seems like it is even more critical to kill someone early now, seeing as it harder to do it later.

This. Warmongering made more difficult but still highly profitable. Still nothing done to buff peaceful play. Yay for slightly more friendly relations but that doesn't affect anything significant.

I'm having an annoying bug where the tooltip tile information pops up instantly instead of waiting the duration set in the interface options screen. I want it to be 2 second delay. Playing as Australia i was a little disappointed to see outback station so late at guilds civic, that's over half way through my games on average before I can even build them.

Playing as Australia i was a little disappointed to see outback station so late at guilds civic, that's over half way through my games on average before I can even build them.

If you want to start with a more modern setting you can by changing the start era.

The barbs and city states are definitely more aggressive. Just finished my first post-patch game and I had city states traveling pretty long distances to beseige my cities. They had almost as many military units as their territory could hold and they roamed a fair ways away from their state center.

I can't say the same for the main AI opponents. They remain pretty incapable at war. I did notice China having a pretty large military early and warring with Kongo right from an early age though, so that's something. They were assaulting each others' cities.

Last build bug still present. "!" over non barbarian scouts still present. Alert works better, but not perfect.

'Many of the techs that reveal strategic resources have been changed to reveal the resource before it is needed to build a resource-dependent unit.

Players can now build obsoleted units if they do not have access to the strategic resource required by the upgrade unit.'

Really happy with these two :D especially the second! Hopefully if you do not have an encampment you may be able to build the last unit that didn't require two resources as well. Has anyone seen that in their games yet?

Last edited:
I just played 2 games where the AI declared war on me early. First game I spawned next to Japan and he DOW on me after I built my slinger, which was only my third unit built. I quit that game due to my city only having plains hills and 2 fish.

The next game America declared war on Brazil and took their capital, then they declared war on me. This was all well with the first 100 turns on Epic speed. So far AI definitely more aggressive.

Top Bottom