AWAW 1939-45 Game # 2

BKA

Perfectionist, CIVilized
AWAW 1939-45 Game # 2

The scene is set - aggresive Germany will soon sparkle World War II, Japan continues its war in Asia, UK prepares for war, USSR is continuing to mount troops in the East and West and finally the States is still unaware of their future role as the defender of freedom.

As events soon will change the World forever, will the different Generals of each nation lead their people to either victory or death?

Player Lineup:

USSR: Gary J. Durham
Germany: Morten Blaabjerg
UK: Voltar
Japan: BKA
USA: Boli

New newest version of the game will be used, which can be found in the following thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78636

We still need a Soviet player, so anyone up for leading the scenarios biggest army, pls. drop a line.
As Soviet Russia starts, that player will also launch the game. Rebember to use LazyCiv, so that production is remembered from game to game.

Regards

BKA

Bugger, can't remember my own scenario. :p

It is of cause Germany who starts, so Morten will play the first turn.

Cool dabrowski! :)

Glad that you will join us. We can now begin with the game, so I suggest that Morten starts as soon as he is ready.

I'm first on the list but the German player starts the game as it happened in 39 :) The soviet player is the last, but according to the history.... the USA should be the last. But it's only a game :)

Ive played PBEM before but I still got few questions because not everyone follows the same rules and in some countries people use different programs .... So my questions are:

- Are we using Civ2PBEM Diplomacy ???

- When are we going finish the scenario ? In 1945 or are we playing till everyone is dead ? :)

- We press Ctrl+N at the end of turn as normal ?

- Lazy Civ ver. 3 ??

Thanks

Dabrowski

So .... Morten you are the first to start :)

In answer to your questions :)

-yes, if you mean we rattle like empty cans in the forums, and use pm's and bargain like hell behind closed doors ;)

-the scenario has a fixed turn limit, so I guess we'll finish when we reach the limit or either side has a clear victory (Berlin fallen, London, Tokyo or Moscow fallen etc.)

-yes

-yes

I'll start the game now, then.

A couple of German subs sunk

Attachments

• brit1.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 301
Japanese News

Japan Allies with Germany and declares war on Minor Axis!
In return United Kingdom declares war on Japan.

German scientists recieve plans on Japanese hardware as part of a mutual exchange plan.

The United States is sad to hear a state of war exists between several of the european countres but Prisendent Truman is adament that we stay out of this second europeon war. In fact in a recent poll 91% of the countries population are in support of the Presedant's actions as he declared United States Neutrality.

In news closer to home a new caberet act is set to open in Hollywood and the line up of such an act dominated the front page of most newspapers.

Attachments

• us1.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 340
As a result of unexpected attack from Minor Axis on Leningrad
the USSR decides to take the following actions:

- Declares war on Minor Axis and the invasion on Finland start from now

- Submarines with nuclear misailes are sent to Baltic and North Sea to
secure Soviet interest in Northern Europe

- Extra units are delocated to the western front to crush Poland and
as a result of that Estonia becomes part of the Soviet Empire

Soviet government would also take this opportunity to remind our
friends from Germany that their conquest of eastern Europe should
end in Warsaw and any movement of German army towards Riga, Kowno,
Brest, Lublin or aggresion on Yugoslavia will not be tolerated.

USSR welcomes peace treaty with Japan.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/ussr1.net

- Submarines with nuclear misailes are sent to Baltic and North Sea to
secure Soviet interest in Northern Europe

Wooah! Am I right in thingking this is "A World a war 1939 to 1945"?!?!

Or did I miss a few turns ?!?!?!

That's not my scenario. Ask BKA :) We all have them so whoever decides to use them have to think twice :D But generally I would prefer to play the game without them.

Anti nuclear treaty between all of us ???

War in the Atlantic!

Following units were sunk by the german Kriegsmarine.

1 Minor allied battleship
1 Minor allied troop transport incl. 1 infantry

2 British submarines off the coast of Norway, carrying torpedos
1 British carrier
1 British destroyer

War on the Eastern Front!

Fierce fighting around Krakow and Warsaw. German forces meet little resistance.

War on the Balkans!

German forces advance on Zagreb and take the city with no casualties. If our Soviet friends have objections against the german army taking action on the Balkans, german diplomats ask they provide a compensatory offer, or accept the german proposal of a mutual non-aggression pact, accepting a german-russo demarkation line of Eastern Europe and the Balkans.

"The Balkans are vital to our war effort", said the german spokesman. "We'll be happy to oblige to Soviet action in the Baltics and elsewhere, with the exceptance of the city of Lublin. Any Russian occupation of Lublin will be considered a threat to german oil interests in the area, and unless duly compensated considered an act of war", he added.

War on the Western Front!

The Low Countries successfully invaded by german forces.
Minor Allies wisely accepts a peace treaty with Germany for the time being.

-------------------

BKA, I found several Minor Allied divisions floating in the water of the coast of France and the Netherlands. Not sure what caused this, but you might want to check into that. Another oddity was the widespread rebellion of the majority of Minor Allied and Minor Axis cities.

To my knowledge, there are no nuclear missiles in the game, except for the nuclear race in the end game. (don't know where that came from!)

Whoa!:eek:

-Nuclear missiles and French divisions floating around the waters of Western France and the Netherlands!? Am I loosing control of my own scenario? :confused: :o

1) There should be NO nuclear missiles in this scenario! - So either the Soviets are rattling with some VERY empty cans or someone has made a hostile editing of the rules.txt.

2) Floating divisions off France - not something I have implemented. Are you also seeing this Voltar? I will look into it the following days, though please continue to keep me informed of the situation!

If any of you become aware of other oddities, plz. let me know.

-BKA

New Japanese Ambassador:

In accordance with the will of my predecessor, he would like to clarify that Japan are at war with the Minor ALLIES not Axis.

Japan also warmly welcomes the Soviet peace proposal. Both our glorious nations could profit from closer collaboration in the areas of trade and science. Hopefully this could soon be initiated.

Top Bottom