Baking Cakes and Discrimination: Or, "What Would Jesus Do?"

The relevance is that the Parks case was a pre-arranged affair, like the Scopes trial, and like this cake flummery.

I was more interested in the "treated as human beings" part since the policy then was to not treat black people as human beings. Whether or not Rosa Parks decided to commit premeditated bus sitting is not that interesting.

I mean, should she just have gotten to the back of the bus? No big deal, perhaps. It's just a seat.

For anyone wondering, this is of course not true. Parks' action in refusing to stand and give up her seat was not premeditated.

http://time.com/4125377/rosa-parks-60-years-video/

But that doesn't change anything. It was still morally right to stand up to an unjust law especially since the alternative is to acknowledge white supremacy.

Oh btw this sounds familiar.

Segregationist citizens of Montgomery began to spread rumors about Parks shortly after her arrest: that she was from out of town, she was really Mexican, she was a Communist, even that she had a car so she didn’t need the bus.

Last edited:
Parks' action in refusing to stand and give up her seat was not premeditated.

Maybe you haven't heard that Winston Smith found a second career at Wikipedia. Rosa parks knew exactly what she was doing, and why, and that her legal backup was ready and waiting. She was not one of those dark-skinned people with famously poor impulse control.

But that doesn't change anything. It was still morally right to stand up to an unjust law especially since the alternative is to acknowledge white supremacy.

The link you've posted does not support the assertion that Parks' action was premeditated. It notes correctly that she was an activist and had been active in the local NAACP chapter.

She was not one of those dark-skinned people with famously poor impulse control.

Oh

Keep googling and connect the dots.

I've no doubt that you have solid proof it was a conspiracy that reached all the way from the Eisenhower White House to Moscow, and involved lots of Papists and northern rabble-rousing carpetbaggers

If the baker were suing them for his own rights....

What you are proposing is enslaving vendors because if they do not comply, they are bigots. Which is worse discrimination or slavery?

Nope. Actions cannot be compelled. But penalties can. When the baker chooses to cause harm to innocent victims, which he made that choice because he's a worthless piece of vermin poop, it is the right of the victim to seek compensation for the harm they suffered at vermin-poop's hands.

Where is this going?

CivGeneral said:
I’m going to feel old saying this: “Let the market decide”.
Remind me to throw this line back at you next time you complain about how you couldn't get a job.
The market decided it wasn't worth paying you.

Last edited:
Nope. Actions cannot be compelled. But penalties can. When the baker chooses to cause harm to innocent victims, which he made that choice because he's a worthless piece of vermin poop, it is the right of the victim to seek compensation for the harm they suffered at vermin-poop's hands.

What actual damages did they suffer?

What actual damages did they suffer?

None whatsoever, but they are now Heroes of the Resistance, which was whole point of the case. And the baker is a Man of Steadfast Piety.
And the lawyers had their day in court. It was win/win/win all around. We are now suiting up for overtime.

I saw a documentary within the past year (maybe it was PBS) about the bus boycott, they said Parks was chosen by the ACLU for her lighter skin than the 15 year old (Colvin) who they were considering for the legal challenge. Apparently the Emmitt Till case was the final straw for her.

When people do not get their way, they are called spoiled brats. Now those who refuse them are vermin enablers? I am still missing which reference you are referring to. Because all the guy did was withhold his expertise on decorating a cake. He deferred his ability to a co-worker who was willing.

The current Colorado law does not compel one to provide a service. It does state a business cannot refuse access to the business. As long as the business can provide the service, forcing a particular person to do something against their will is going above the law. Changing the law to force people to do your will is also being a jerk, bully, and outright slavery.

I am confident that if I do not get my way, I may be offended, and discrimination may hurt my feelings for a period. I can get over it and move on with my life. If however I keep making laws to get my way all the time, I would be considered a jerk. Now the baker did not go out and change the law to allow him his rights. He stopped decorating cakes. It was a clash of wills, but we cannot take everyone's freedoms away every time we are offended.

When people do not get their way, they are called spoiled brats. Now those who refuse them are vermin enablers? I am still missing which reference you are referring to. Because all the guy did was withhold his expertise on decorating a cake. He deferred his ability to a co-worker who was willing.

Well this is kind of game-changing information that no-one's brought up so far. So the infamous "bakery that refused to bake a gay wedding cake", actually did bake and provide a gay wedding cake?

Top Bottom