Resource icon

Basic Modern Civilizations for YnAMP Steamworshop

Mobfire

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
Basic Modern Civilizations for YnAMP - Adds over 60 simple playable civilizations based on modern countries, replacing vanilla civs.

Features:

Adds 63 simple modern Civilizations to the game, replacing vanilla civs. Built-in compatibility with YnAMP (TSL for Giant Earth, Greatest Earth, and Play Europe Again maps) but can be played with any map. Each civilization is identical in terms of gameplay (no unique units, infrastructure, or agendas).
Spoiler Full List of Civilizations :
Included in the base mod:
  • Algeria
  • America (United States of)
  • Angola
  • Arabia
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China (PRC)
  • China (ROC)
  • Colombia
  • Congo
  • Cuba
  • Egypt
  • Ethiopia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Libya
  • Madagascar
  • Malaysia
  • Mali
  • Mexico
  • Mongolia
  • Morocco
  • Myanmar
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Nigeria
  • North Korea
  • Norway
  • Pakistan
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sudan
  • Sweden
  • Tanzania
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • Ukraine
  • Uzbekistan
  • Venezuela
  • Vietnam
Included in Basic Civilizations Expanded:
  • Denmark
  • Kenya

Downloads
Steam Workshop Link
CivFanatics Download

Add-Ons:

• Basic Civilizations Expanded- adds additional civilizations (Denmark, Kenya, and more in the future)
  • Basic Civilizations Flags – replaces each civ’s icon with their corresponding country’s flag
Basic Modern Civilizations Expanded- Steam
Basic Modern Civilizations Flags - Steam
All Addons - Direct Download

Bug Reports

When reporting a bug, please retrieve the logs. The log files can be found in your "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs" folder.

Launch a game, reproduce the bug then quit the game, open the lua.log with notepad and copy/paste everything in it in https://pastebin.com/ then post the generated link along with a description of the problem.

The Database.log and the Modding.log may also be needed to check for incompatibilities.

Thanks.

Development

You can view development progress at our development thread. The latest indev version of the mod is always available on GitHub : https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-BasicModernCivilizations

Screenshots

Join the team!

We are looking for new people to contribute to the project as we continue to expand and add more civilizations and features. If you're interested, let us know at our development thread, and we'll help you get started. Here are a few of the ways you can help out:
Spoiler :
TRANSLATIONS

We welcome any efforts by translators to make the mod available to a wider audience. However, please note that certain city lists are subject to change. As such, I recommend avoiding translating any city list that is under 30 cities large, as those may be changed as they are extended, creating conflict and confusion.

TSL

Any help adding True Starting Locations is greatly appreciated. Give us a shout at the development thread if you’re interested and we’ll let you know what needs to be done. Currently, we are aiming to finish adding TSL for Largest Earth, begin adding TSL for various smaller YnAMP map projects (ex. The Americas), and to prepare TSL for some civs that have yet to be implemented.

TSL should be formatted like so:
Code:
 <Replace MapName="NameOfMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_CIVNAME"       X="x coordinate" Y="y coordinate" />

With NameOfMap being replaced with the name of the map, Civname being replaced with the name of the civ, and x coordinate and y coordinate being replaced with the X and Y values respectively of the tile in which you want the civ to spawn.

Ex:
Code:
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA"      X="36" Y="74" />

You can find the coordinates of any hex by opening the corresponding map in Civ 6’s worldbuilder and clicking on the hex.

ART

As we expand the mod and introduce new Civilizations and City States, additional art will be necessary. Anyone willing and able should report to the development thread, where we can provide you with some direction. The main things we need are 256x256 icons (alphas) and badges (colored icons on a circular colored background), though all contributions are welcome (perhaps work could even be done to begin adding leaders to some of the civilizations?). Modelling work for units and/or buildings is also appreciated.

CODING

Any help on the coding front is always appreciated. If you have experience implementing City States and Civilizations and are interested in contributing to the project, let us know and we can get you set up. I’m interested in having some basic uniques as well as City State abilities coded in as well.

Credits:
@Gedemon : Coding
@DarthStarkiller : Civilization Icons
@janboruta : Icons for Spain, Poland, Norway, and Russia
@Mobfire : City Lists, Diplo/Loading Screens, Color Schemes

Last edited:
Hi there, very nice addition!

Although I'm using the Giant Earth Map, Colombia & Mongolia ended up on appearing in middle Europe and Australia at South Asia! I see it happening with other civs as well.
(I started with the Hellenic Republic-Greece with 17 random civs and 9 city states)

Any recommendation on how to fix or if it is fixable??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Gedemon, post: 14991429, membro: 51718"] trabalha aqui.

logs? [/ QUOTE]

I can not start the game with these mod's enabled. I downloaded the files to the folder: \ Documents \ my games \ Sid Meier's Civilization VI \ Logs. Did I do it correctly or should I insert the files into a new folder?

[QUOTE = "Gedemon, post: 14991429, membro: 51718"] trabalha aqui.

logs? [/ QUOTE]

I can not start the game with these mod's enabled. I downloaded the files to the folder: \ Documents \ my games \ Sid Meier's Civilization VI \ Logs. Did I do it correctly or should I insert the files into a new folder?
the logs are needed to help me understand why it's not working on your side, see here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-get-the-log-files-before-reporting-a-bug.619054/

If you have trouble installing mods manually (they do not work when put in the logs folder), see here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-install-a-mod.601629/

Same here, not working :(. Here are my log files:

Attachments

• Log files.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 274
Same here, not working :(. Here are my log files:
thanks for the logs.

but how exactly is it not working for you ?

the civs are not shown in the setup screen ?
you get a crash to desktop ?
a blue loading screen then back to main menu ?

In my opinion, this is a huge mod that would be so great if It would not have so many bugs (reading upper opinions).
In my case, Civilizations are shown, but with several times trying between advanced game; then It crashes during the loading screen and put me back to main menu.
Thank you so much for your extraordinary work in this and others Civ6 mods. I am looking forward the next release. Good job

what do you see on the loading screen ?

After several attempts, in which I moved several folders, I managed to play.
I chose to play with various civs, and in particular I found a "geographical problem" with Denmark. if I choose Greatest Earth map, the initial position of this civilization is on a piece of non-existent land that connects Denmark and Sweden, so that would mean that the Scandinavian countries and continental Europe would be physically connected, but in reality it is not so.
My advice is to move Copenaghen (starting point) to continental Denmark.

see https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-add-and-change-tsl-for-a-ynamp-map.621143/ to change TSL and https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...nd-resources-of-a-ynamp-map-using-xml.621147/ for the terrain.

It's set in ..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\YnAMP - Basic Modern Civilizations\Data\TSL.xml

but it does nothing on the Greatest Earth IIRC, only the Giant Earth.

Yeah, I probably meant the Giant Earth (the 2nd biggest in the game). I will try and let you know.

I changed start position of Denmark for Giant Earth, but I don't understand how to change terrain type. If you, or someone else, need the Denmark adjusted Giant Earth, here it is the file.

Attachments

• TSL.xml
    22.9 KB · Views: 319
Love this mod. But I can't get any city states to spawn in with this mod active. I've looked at the files to see if there was any config to correct this, but doesn't seem like it.
So is no CS' spawning intended with this mod active?

Attachments

• TSL.xml
    22.9 KB · Views: 322
Top Bottom