• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bear Riders

gunburned

Warlord
Question about them.
In past versions you needed the bear trainer to build them, why was wonder requirement removed? I think its a little streching it allowing everyone to build them considering our history never had them
Its now megafunna tech and a palace to build.
Curious to why this was changed. An error prehaps?

Also while on the topic, I like the fact that you can build all these tamed animals and gain the bonuses... but its making all these rare animal riders too easy to obtain does it not?
Maybe they should be weeded out.

Great job soo far on this mods progress

Question about them.
In past versions you needed the bear trainer to build them, why was wonder requirement removed? I think its a little streching it allowing everyone to build them considering our history never had them
Its now megafunna tech and a palace to build.
Curious to why this was changed. An error prehaps?

Also while on the topic, I like the fact that you can build all these tamed animals and gain the bonuses... but its making all these rare animal riders too easy to obtain does it not?
Maybe they should be weeded out.

Great job soo far on this mods progress

The Bear Riders should require the wonder to build. Delete your C2C cache and they will. A proper fix has been put up on the SVN.

The wonder lets you build them in one of your cities then the Heritage building, which requires the wonder, lets you build them in all your cities. I will be changing all the alt-timeline units to use the same model.

The tamed animals should be coming long after the Wonders have been built so should have no effect on the alt-timeline units. I am not happy with the way tamed animals work but don't have any ideas on how to fix things.

The Bear Riders should require the wonder to build. Delete your C2C cache and they will. A proper fix has been put up on the SVN.

The wonder lets you build them in one of your cities then the Heritage building, which requires the wonder, lets you build them in all your cities. I will be changing all the alt-timeline units to use the same model.

The tamed animals should be coming long after the Wonders have been built so should have no effect on the alt-timeline units. I am not happy with the way tamed animals work but don't have any ideas on how to fix things.

I actually like the way tamed animals are working. As I leave Preh Era with this I can then send Tamed horse, etc to a city that does not have that resource and get a herd going in it. Which quite frankly is very realistic. I hope you don't make this go away for I feel it's an important feature and advancement for both player and AI. Because with it you don't have to "over" specialize your cities to build a Horse unit for example.

JosEPh

Dancing Hoskuld thank you for giving me the heads up.
and
Yes Joseph I agree with the tamed animals but doesnt it makes the Animal tamer wonders too easly accessed?.

I geuss you can call me a noob but I've tried holding shift to clear the cache not shure its working also, Im not shure how to use the SVN at all sorry. Can someone direct me to a link on how to do this?
thank you for all your help soo far.

I geuss you can call me a noob but I've tried holding shift to clear the cache not shure its working also, Im not shure how to use the SVN at all sorry. Can someone direct me to a link on how to do this?
thank you for all your help soo far.

1st post in the SVN Thread gives the details on how to use the SVN.

If you hold the Shift key down from the time you select the Mod till the Caveman screen that shows the Option list on the right side is usually sufficient. But that can be a several minute hold. Otherwise you'll need to find Where in your OS (different locations for different OS, applications are a good start) the Civ IV cache file is located and manually delete it.

JosEPh

Caveman2Cosmos has its own cache. It is found in the Assets folder of the mod. You just delete all the files in the cache folder. It does mean a slower start afterwards but it fixes the problem. The SVN is a beta and contains all sorts of things we are working on adding for the next release. Sometimes it does not work at all.

I will look at how difficult it is to make a patch rather than a full release. It all depends on if files have been deleted or not. If files have been deleted then a patch is difficult.

Caveman2Cosmos has its own cache. It is found in the Assets folder of the mod. You just delete all the files in the cache folder. <snip>

Valuable info there as I did not know this! Thanks

JosEPh

Top Bottom