Beta Version - November 26th (11/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

Since the previous version is quite stable, we're going to try out a 'beta' version of the upcoming version. The download is below - you have to install the files manually for now (remember, if using all the files, make sure to delete LUA folders in the CP and CBP). If this passes muster, we'll move on to a full release.

Here's the changelog:

• Bugfixes
  • Tons of pathfinder and plot optimizations (ilteroi)
  • AI rebase and plot scoring logic greatly improved (ilteroi)
  • Fixed some UI issues in EUI and no-EUI versions (including changes to EUI install)
  • Fixed github issues related to AI trades, pathfinding, SQL/XML quirks and specific-case bugs/unintended behaviors (all issues on github marked 'fixed in upcoming version' addressed here)
  • Fixed French UA culture ability not triggering full +100% bonus (CBP)
  • Fixed Arabia UA duplication quirk due to improvement layering (CBP)
  • Includes JFD for GW event fix (JFD knows what I mean)

Diplo Changes:
Added diplo opinion duration limitations for:
  • landmarks
  • returning civilians
  • liberating cities
  • forgiving spying
  • sharing intrigue
  • converting cities
  • spy theft

• Duration is based on gamespeed (deal duration value)
  • Values will decay at set intervals based on this

• Added War Score decay based on number of turns at war - War Score moves towards zero the longer a war lasts, so you can't 'eke' out a victory by stalling.
  • Can no longer bait DOF or DP into war using the 'deal with it' button (so deal with it)
Balance:
  • Settler difficulty (CBP) now an advantage for the player - all other difficulties below Deity adjusted slightly to compensate for change
  • Added era scaling for wonder consolation prize, but reduced base conversion value of consolation
  • Coups now have a 20 turn cooldown, scaling with game speed (CP/CBP)
  • Ironworks now requires Forge instead of Workshop, is +10 production (was +8)
  • Increased per-player cost of WC Leage Projects by around 30% (including CSD projects)
Religion Balance:
  • Pagoda reduced to +2 per religion
  • Synagogue now +15% during WLTKD
  • Mosque now +20% culture during GA
  • Stupa now +5 Faith, Church reduced to +3
  • Reformation beliefs:
  • Missionary Influence buffed - in addition to other effect, gain +10 influence (scaling with era) with all known CSs when a foreign city converts to your religion
  • Knowledge Through Devotion gains +1 Culture on all GP improvements and landmarks
  • To the Glory of God gains +100 Culture/Faith/Science/Gold when you expend a GP

Beta Downloads folder (all files in folder need to be used):

Beta Folder

Version is not savegame compatible. Online as of 11:30pm EST.

Cheers,
G

I'm going to do what you hate and give you a response before playing.

"Missionary Influence buffed - in addition to other effect, gain +10 influence (scaling with era) with all known CSs when a foreign city converts to your religion"
This number is insanely high and is going to automatically give you all the city-states on the map.

I'm going to do what you hate and give you a response before playing.

"Missionary Influence buffed - in addition to other effect, gain +10 influence (scaling with era) with all known CSs when a foreign city converts to your religion"
This number is insanely high and is going to automatically give you all the city-states on the map.

Agree with Funak, +10 influence per conversion scaled by era is crazy town. Imagine the possibilities on a larger map with over a dozen cities converted over the course of an era. That's hundreds of influence with EVERYONE, easily enough to lock in alliances everywhere with no other effort.

Agree with Funak, +10 influence per conversion scaled by era is crazy town. Imagine the possibilities on a larger map with over a dozen cities converted over the course of an era. That's hundreds of influence with EVERYONE, easily enough to lock in alliances everywhere with no other effort.

I experience similar with the 10 influence per Great Person tenet. I was going to report it as overpowered. Then I was decolonized, twice. Despite having all but 2 or 3 city-states Allied on a Large map, having an 80 city strong World Religion, being host, and having World Ideology, enough of the AI dumped enough votes into it that I lost all of my allies.

The first time, I responded by dumping a ton of faith (60k?) into Great People and using all the ones I had loitering to bulb towards spaceship parts. This got my allies back. The second time, I just kind of muscled through with the World Congress against me. By the end, I was Sanctioned, Spaceship Regulation and Endowment for the Arts were in effect, I had one ideological ally left in the game, and the Order bloc was at war with me. Without Freedom's gold buy spaceship parts (which should really be more expensive), I would have been overrun before I finished.

This was on Immortal. Point is, try it first. You might not get as much as you think, especially given the timing of the big conversion wave in the religion game.

Added diplo opinion duration limitations for:
landmarks

I am saddened by this, I always saw the landmark as a permanent "monument of friendship" between two civs, and went out of my way to create it. The bonus is so small, any chance you could reconsider on this?

Looks excellent, and thank you for doing something about the diplomacy decay I'd mentioned. I hope it works as smooth as it appears!

If those diplomacy penalties/bonuses are going to decay over time, maybe you should double or even triple the initial value? Give it more bang initially.

Thanks for the hard work :), passed the 500h on civ. I can safely say 80% of that time was with CPB.

I'm getting a weird issue where caravans are deleting themselves when selecting a new route. It hasn't happened every time, just the latest few (after I built a caravansery in the city, which allowed me to reach these new routes - could be the issue?)

Attaching saves and logs, though it may also be a problem with installation on my end, so I'm going to reinstall and try a new game, see what happens.

EDIT: Tried with Arabia and the same happened after building a Bazaar for the trade route length. Posted a report in the official thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14070939&postcount=3875

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • Logs.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 90
I'm getting a weird issue where caravans are deleting themselves when selecting a new route. It hasn't happened every time, just the latest few (after I built a caravansery in the city, which allowed me to reach these new routes - could be the issue?)

Attaching saves and logs, though it may also be a problem with installation on my end, so I'm going to reinstall and try a new game, see what happens.

EDIT: Tried with Arabia and the same happened after building a Bazaar for the trade route length. Posted a report in the official thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=14070939&postcount=3875

thanks for the report. that one's on me i guess.

All values (such as Missionary Influence) are beta for a reason. Telling me you like or do not like something because of how it looks on paper (before testing it) is not terribly useful.

I'll tell you this, I didn't even read the part about it scaling with era and I still thought it was unreasonably high. It is going to ally you with every city-state on the map.

The Missionary values look good to me except the scaling with era. They will already scale with number of CS met, which does go up through the eras. Both seems like overkill. I will of course test it to see if the base value is fine or whatnot and we can adjust it, but the mechanic itself is fine.

The Missionary values look good to me except the scaling with era. They will already scale with number of CS met, which does go up through the eras. Both seems like overkill. I will of course test it to see if the base value is fine or whatnot and we can adjust it, but the mechanic itself is fine.

If scaling becomes a problem, we can deal with that. I can also add a 'first conversion' element to it so that you only get the bonus once per converted city.

G

That's still up to 41 possible procs and the latter ones will give like 60+ influence.
Honestly, just kill the whole "missionaries are the poor man diplomats" idea. Having any map-wide influence boosts already goes against the CSD theme of localized CS influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom