Beyond the Sword Patch v3.19 Released

Has anyone managed to install the patch under Ubuntu ? I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.10 and the patch does not install for me. It terminates with an error message at the last moment.

I have Civ 4 Complete installed on Vista Premium x64, but when I try updating to v3.19, the patch says that BTS isn't installed. How do I get the patch to recognize the game?

Its the U.S. addition. I gave admin rights to the game and gave admin rights to the patch. well at least as far as pop ups go asking me to allow it.

You must have installed it incorrectly. The patch certainly removes protection, which is a funny thing considering Firaxis is now going the opposite route with Civ V.

@FedTufu: Did you use the in-game updater? If so that usually doesn't work for 3.19, you have to download and install the patch outside the game. What does it say in the menu advanced>about this build? That will tell you whether the patch has installed or not.

I have the mac version. It appears to have correctly installed the update (build version displays as 3.19). The game still asks for the disc at startup; I'm assuming this means the treat of disc-free play was only given to Windows users?

Top Bottom