Biden wins presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit, but only a little. Biden really has been taking bribes for decades. Trump really was the lest military oriented President in at least a century.

J

Nah, just in 80 years. Remember what it took to get US to join WWII.

This is what worries me about Biden. Not only that he's been yes man to the warmongering administrations of 1990's-2016, but that he might be stuck in the cold war era "bomb the middle east to stop Russia" mentality, while real threats to civilized world are elsewhere.

Nah, just in 80 years. Remember what it took to get US to join WWII.

This is what worries me about Biden. Not only that he's been yes man to the warmongering administrations of 1990's-2016, but that he might be stuck in the cold war era "bomb the middle east to stop Russia" mentality, while real threats to civilized world are elsewhere.

His previous administration seemed to want to focus more on east asia and try to extricate us from Mid-East.

Actually thinking about this from a counter american PoV, this might mean we are ripe for a ISIS style terrorist attack.

His previous administration seemed to want to focus more on east asia and try to extricate us from Mid-East.

His previous administration marched into Syria and droned innocent civilians around the ME while leaving China to initiate second colonization of Africa.

Victory speech Biden any minute now

His previous administration marched into Syria and droned innocent civilians around the ME while leaving China to initiate second colonization of Africa.

change to got dragged, and set a trad deal (whether you like this deal or not) to pin China and yes. Also I didn't claim success, just that this picture of a warmongering Obama administration is false when compared to any GOP administration in general. Trump didn't start anything new but he expanded on what was there too.

. . . I mean if you are going to poke Obama its Libya that he let us get dragged into that was a bad deal all around.

Prime Minister Suga has sent a congratulatory twitter message to the President Pre-Elect in Japanese and English.

ジョー・バイデン氏及びカマラ・ハリス氏に心よりお祝い申し上げます。日米同盟をさらに強固なものとするために,また,インド太平洋地域及び世界の平和,自由及び繁栄を確保するために,ともに取り組んでいくことを楽しみにしております。

Warm congratulations to @JoeBiden and @KamalaHarris. I look forward to working with you to further strengthen the Japan-US Alliance and ensure peace, freedom, and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region and beyond.
Spoiler click here for a free Japanese lesson :

日米同盟
nichibei doumei - Japan-U.S. alliance

強固
kyouko - strong/strengthen (as PM Suga uses it here

平和
heiwa - peace

自由
jiyuu - freedom (also used as “liberal,” such as in “liberalism” 自由主義 or the Liberal Democratic Party 自由民主党)

繁栄
han-ei - prosperity

Mind giving me bullet points about foreign policy if he mentions that? I'm not in the mood to watch the whole thing.
Nothing so far. It's all humble and reconciliatory. But he did mention that people abroad were relieved now. And said he wants to contribute and make America respected again.

The two big things are fighting Covid and coming together and cooperating as Americans. He'll apparently make his own pandemic expert group on Monday, so that they're ready on January 21st.

A good enough speech
but o my... he is getting old... he was the latter part more shouting and lost connection with the audience.
so what

good enough

I call it a day

:)

boring! yay!!!!!!

But he did mention that people abroad were relieved now.
They should have been relieved before; Trump’s foreign policy, if he had one, was all bark and no bite. Biden will be less bark, but I don’t know how much, if any, bite.

A vote for amadeus is a vote for Nixonian megalomania!
Vote for amadeus, or not! He doesn’t care.

Mike Huckabee 2024

have you been drinking today?

They should have been relieved before; Trump’s foreign policy, if he had one, was all bark and no bite. Biden will be less bark, but I don’t know how much, if any, bite.

only when he gets the right set on dentures in

Iran would disagree. The whole Soleimani affair robbed its leaders of will to act aggressively against US interests in the region the way they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom