Bonaparte II Tournament Game #4 PBEM

WTF is this is a friggin joke an alliance of 5. Should I just quit now?

Well, in game 3 i play Russia and is at war against France, Sweden, Britain and Spain. It's nothing wrong with large alliances. If just proves that the diplomacy involved was solid. ;)

SAS, game 3 is no comparison ok?

In fact with the way this game has been going you can just let the AI play my turns. No need to waste everyones time here.

Voltar, I'm sure you don't mean that. We all need to keep playing, even the games we appear to be losing. That's why it's a tournament.

1) They can be fun (in a masochistic sort of way)

2) The situation can change. Look at Russia in Game #2. Attacked by Sweden, Prussia and Austria (with Britain helping a bit too) and now they are part of a victorious alliance marching through Prussia.

Send out your diplomats!

This is the change. I had allies suddenly I AM ALONE. Its 5v1! Britain is shot down. This is just friggin ridicleous. It is an utter waste of time. I will not play this game. Let the computer play for me, same odds. Besides these situations should not be allowed because it utterly ruins games.

Voltar,

Speaking historically, there is no such thing as a fair war (or peace for that matter). Throughout history nations have sought partners that fitted they're agenda and political view.

This is what have happened here, and one way or another you will have to accept it. It is not a 5vs1 game. Like John have pointed out, there is no war going on!!! But obviously, you behavior does not make aquiring new partners for Russia any easier ;)

Your problem is that you assume something will happen even before it have happened. And you're not putting any effort into coping with the turn of fortune for Russia.

Will Russia be attacked like you're convinced will happen? Who knows? This is a game where all of us wants the best outcome. Play the game and see what happens. For one thing is certain, a quitter wont win ;)

Voltar,

Please don't let us down! True, in this game, Russia looks to be alone at the moment. However, even IF France-Austria-Prussia-Sweden attacks, Russia can survive it. Maybe the coalition partners fall out with each other, maybe Britain resurges - who knows?

However, even IF Russia does lose in this game, and you get no Tournament VPs, it is still worth fighting.

1) Because it could be fun. Just imagine you are playing Russia in 1812, with all of Napoleonic Europe against you. In game #2 the Coalition is really up against it, against the 1st and 2nd land powers and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th naval powers, but this is the game I am enjoying most at the moment!

2) Because if you abandon Russia to the AI, there will be a feeding frenzy as everyone tries to break off a piece. Austria and Prussia (and perhaps Sweden) will be at a great advantage, and will gain an unrealistically high number of VPs. This will distort the whole tournament, perhaps.

Could you just play on for a bit? You're not even being attacked yet! Maybe the combination against you - if there is one - won't be as bad as you think if it comes to war.

Whatever... This is utter bull, and should not even be allowed. You also forgot about Spain...

Spain can hardly hurt you! And of course it should be allowed. Everyone is free to ally with whom they want to. As Austria, I even tried to ally with you at the beginning (or at least come to an agreement) , but you just said "no alliances, take what you like in the Balkans, except I am having Constantinople." No negotiation, and most aggressive. I got the impression that you would attack me once you had secured Constantinople.

I accepted that, and set about ensuring I had other allies if you threw your weight around.

So, are you going to continue in this game, or the tournament in general?

Naw man the problem is my allies abandoned me and suddenly 5 nations are arrayed against me.

Ill continue the tournament but this game is bull. Not even any point in my playing. The computer would do just as well.

Thanks for continuing Voltar. :D If you had left I think we would have had to abandon the Tournament, and after more than a year playing, that would have been a great shame...

Well, even if you come last in this game, there are plenty of others you can catch up in. And you never know how things will turn out....

Glad that you are still in. Can you still play your turns in Game #4, though? If not, I propose Britain should take over them as well, as the most "disinterested" party, and the furthest from Russia...

It at least would be better than the AI. Would you be prepared to do that, Yop?

After playing this scenario against the AI, i really hope a human player will be in controll over Russia. The AI is so stupid, and it would be really unfair for France, Spain and Britain. After all, the capture of Russian VP's would be a walk in the park for Austria, Prussia and Sweden.

Whatever i'll play... But I still say this is bull and utterly ridiculous. Im sorry but when 'I' ally with someone I usually stick to it rather then backstab.

Voltar, that's a good policy, but not a compulsory one. If one of your allies has switched sides, well it happens all the time IRL and the Tournament.

Thanks again for sticking with it, though. As SAS says, battle against the AI would be unfair for those not positioned to make a Russian land-grab.

- Troops have landed outside Stavanger as the precursor to putting all of Norway under British administration. King Stephen Adolphus IV is invited to London to discuss partition of Norway if Sweden has any plans there.

- Diplomats have been sent to Russia to ask the Tsar for a full defensive alliance...

Originally posted by Darius
King Stephen Adolphus IV is invited to London to discuss partition of Norway if Sweden has any plans there.

OK we need to talk then.:)

Thanks for getting this back on track Darius.:goodjob:

Top Bottom