Brave new World's New Civilizations - REVISED AGAIN!

Whta civs would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My big question of the Swahili, if anyone knows the answer, is this:

Would blobifying them serve them justice in much the same way as Polynesia? (i.e. Polynesia would never have made it into Civ if they weren't simplified, so it's a good move by the devs part)

Or would blobifying them be more akin to the blob job they did with the American Indians in Civ 4? (i.e. The tribes are too different - it's undermining Native culture to do so)

My big question of the Swahili, if anyone knows the answer, is this:

Would blobifying them serve them justice in much the same way as Polynesia? (i.e. Polynesia would never have made it into Civ if they weren't simplified, so it's a good move by the devs part)

Or would blobifying them be more akin to the blob job they did with the American Indians in Civ 4? (i.e. The tribes are too different - it's undermining Native culture to do so)

It'd be more akin to Polynesia.

Actually, I'd say it is even less so given that the Polynesians were never even partially unified as a single group linguistically, politically, culturally, etc. In contrast, historically there were a few cases of Swahili states that extended beyond just the CS, most prominently the Sultanate of Zanzibar, whose ruling family originated from Oman. This is not to mention they were united by the usage of Swahili as a lingua franca, as well as other cultural similarities which (to my knowledge) were much closer than that of the various Polynesian groups.

Top Bottom