Brave New World's New Civilizations

What civilizations would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonecutter9

Rex Michiganensis
This thread is simply a poll on which civilizations seem to be most popular. Vote on what civs you would like to see whether or not you expect it. Discussion should be focused on what you would like to see, not what you expect. There are other forums for that.

NB: I didn't include Poland or Assyria because Poland is confirmed and Assyria's pretty much a given. I included the 24 civs which seemed to be most discussed, and an 'other' option. Feel free to specify which 'other' you voted for. You can pick as many as you want, so enjoy!

EDIT: Venice and the Papal States should go under the 'Italy' category. Forgot to add that particular parenthetical.

EDIT 2: For an updated version of this thread, visit: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491892

[OTHER]

I want Vietnam.

Other (and I forgot to select it):

Vietnam
Afghanistan
Venetian Republic

Other: Khazaria and Venice, if there's another european that makes it, I'd like to see Venice

Voted for:

Brazilians
Portuguese
Italians (the Italians of the Middle Ages)
Hungarians (emphasis on Magyars of the Middle Ages)
Zulu
Kongolese
Nubians
Phoenicians
Israelites
Hittites (should be called the Nesili due to the fact that the designation 'Hittite' is an erroneous label for the Bronze Age Anatolian civilization that was given to them by Biblical scholars who assumed that the Hittites of Biblical times were descended from the Nesili)
Sumerians
Tibetans
Khmer
Indonesians (I would suggest Javanese to be specific)
Other (for now I would suggest the Bulgarians with a stress on the Middle Ages)

Make sure you're voting for 'Italy' if you want Venice. It's kind of a polity, but Civ could do worse (and has *ahem* Polynesia)

Well the problem I have there is "Italy" to me mean modern Italy and WW2 Italy. And that Italy is very much different than the Republic of Venice

Brazil and Indonesia (or Indonesia variation)

If those two make it, I don't care who else does or doesn't. These are two of some of the world's richest and most beautiful cultures (obviously a preference statement) both historically and in modern times

So is yours?

This poll actually had more civs i'd be interested in adding than your one did, its all subjective really. Unless you can get a poll with about 100,000 options... ;)

Yeah, I guess that's true
I certainly had a hard time to choose only the 25 best options (which is obviously somewhat subjective to me, altough I tried very hard not be)

Anyway, the Inuits, Italy and the HRE make no sense as full civs in the civilization frachise
I would had never put Belgium on the list, they are not too significant compared to the other european civs
Also there are too many native civs separately on the list for my taste, I would rather had 2 or 3 groups instead
On the other hand, I think Morocco, Mali, and Vietnam should be a separate option

Since its been indicated that Firaxis has looked over the community (not specifically this one) for ideas, I would be very surprised if some form of Indonesia didn't make it in, given just how close it is in popularity to Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom