Brits Beat Up Kids

Bugfatty300 said:
Its not hard to see how people can get a kick out of watching stupid teens getting the crap beat out of them.

Sure, its not hard. For example a person would get a kick out of watching such a thing if:

-his parents (and/or peers) beat him up as a kid
-he pushed that memory away and/or diminished how he actually felt at the time
-he subconsciously/mostly subconsciously identifies that lost self in his memory with the kid being beaten up by the soldier
-he now consciously/mostly consciously identifies himself with the soldier, and thus also subconsciously identifies himself with his parents, and is on the other side, now supporting the beating up and therefore distancing himself even more from his trauma.

But, then again, im sure you didnt mean all this. Know however that if a person gets a kick out of watching others being beaten up, that person has serius issues.

varwnos said:
Sure, its not hard. For example a person would get a kick out of watching such a thing if:

-his parents (and/or peers) beat him up as a kid
-he pushed that memory away and/or diminished how he actually felt at the time
-he identifies that lost self in his memory with the kid being beaten up by the soldier
-he now identifies himself with the soldier, and thus also with his parents, and is on the other side, now supporting the beating up and therefore distancing himself even more from his trauma.

But, then again, im sure you didnt mean all this. Know however that if a person gets a kick out of watching others being beaten up, that person has serius issues.

Unless you are a clinical psychologist, this is speculation. Along with the contention that the voice over is fake.

I am not a psychologist, however this isnt a detailed examination. The general outlines of identification with the torture authority figure are not hard to present. People ofcourse are different, however these are general lines which are not altered by the particularities of each individual. When you are happy with something violent done to someone else then you have obviously a reason to be that, and this reason always ofcourse has to do with you, and your image of yourself, in relation to other images of self (either your own, of the past, or your impression of other people).
From his voice, anyway, it is obvious that he is enjoying himself, and that is partly also due to the fact that he is not the one being beaten. Also it is evident that he views the beating as a very important affair (a third party might view it as something sad, but not as important, for example i wouldnt view the kids as diminished due to the actual beating, but due to the possible trauma from it). No one views something as important for no reason; thus it is evident that for the commentator the beating stroke a note inside him, and i am noting a main possible reason why this has happened.
Ofcourse i cannot make a detailed presentation of his state from just listening to his voice and watching the video. However one doesnt need more info so as to form such a general view, which afterall is just one scenario as to why he was so enthousiastic about the beating, but as a scenario it is very real.

varwnos said:
I am not a psychologist, however this isnt a detailed examination. The general outlines of identification with the torture authority figure are not hard to present. People ofcourse are different, however these are general lines which are not altered by the particularities of each individual. When you are happy with something violent done to someone else then you have obviously a reason to be that, and this reason always ofcourse has to do with you, and your image of yourself, in relation to other images of self (either your own, of the past, or your impression of other people).
From his voice, anyway, it is obvious that he is enjoying himself, and that is partly also due to the fact that he is not the one being beaten. Also it is evident that he views the beating as a very important affair (a third party might view it as something sad, but not as important, for example i wouldnt view the kids as diminished due to the actual beating, but due to the possible trauma from it). No one views something as important for no reason; thus it is evident that for the commentator the beating stroke a note inside him, and i am noting a main possible reason why this has happened.
Ofcourse i cannot make a detailed presentation of his state from just listening to his voice and watching the video. However one doesnt need more info so as to form such a general view, which afterall is just one scenario as to why he was so enthousiastic about the beating, but as a scenario it is very real.

I notice that you have now written two equally long rationales for the behaviour of this person and not one of them mentions context. He is in a war zone, that is fact. Whether mammy and papy give him a slap as a kid or not, that is speculation.

PrinceOfLeigh said:
I notice that you have now written two equally long rationales for the behaviour of this person and not one of them mentions context. He is in a war zone, that is fact. Whether mammy and papy give him a slap as a kid or not, that is speculation.

youre the one speculating. how do you know its a warzone?

i have studied psychology, and what he said could be right out of a psychology text book.

if you watching some kids being beat up, gives you an orgasm, you have serious deeprooted issues.

Jawz II said:
you have no problem with this? :eek:
im jacks complete lack of surprise.

and how do you know about the kind of damage they were inflicted?

Well I've seen an interview with the young men involved.

They didn't seem overly concerned with the beating.

On the BBC they got the footage just before the NOTW film starts, showing an explosion in the British military camp. Also interesting is the lack of commentary on that video...as I said, that narration was added.

It'll all come out in the wash, just like that other "scandal" which was shown to be a fraud. Here is was just a minor beating, though of course people will argue the toss.

This is all political, Iraqis are quite keen on the whole physical punishment thing, if their police had caught these reprobates after a similar mortar attack I don't think they'd be gentle in teaching an apt lesson. The political side is British clamping down on corruption, which is not popular ever since we had to storm that prison to rescue our men from militia (hand over to by the police).

All the same, the sooner we're out the better who cares if it all goes to hell in a handbasket with Sunni vs Shia and one Shia cleric and his supporters versus the rest.

Having also heard an interview with the soldier claimed to be taking the film footage it doesn't sound like him neither.

you seem to think that this "scandal" is about the talking guy. it isnt.
offensive as it is, there are no laws against being an A-hole.

the scandal is about grown men beating little kids.

im sure the young men involved (AKA "victims") didnt sound as concerned with it as the time it was being done to them. cause i hear screaming and crying in that video.

you got me there! who wouldve guessed that iraqi kids like to be beaten? not me. :eek:

kittenOFchaos said:
Well I've seen an interview with the young men involved.

They didn't seem overly concerned with the beating.

On the BBC they got the footage just before the NOTW film starts, showing an explosion in the British military camp. Also interesting is the lack of commentary on that video...as I said, that narration was added.

It'll all come out in the wash, just like that other "scandal" which was shown to be a fraud. Here is was just a minor beating, though of course people will argue the toss.

This is all political, Iraqis are quite keen on the whole physical punishment thing, if their police had caught these reprobates after a similar mortar attack I don't think they'd be gentle in teaching an apt lesson. The political side is British clamping down on corruption, which is not popular ever since we had to storm that prison to rescue our men from militia (hand over to by the police).

All the same, the sooner we're out the better who cares if it all goes to hell in a handbasket with Sunni vs Shia and one Shia cleric and his supporters versus the rest.

Whatever happened, the damage is now done. Strange how it took the BBC to show the attack on the compound (the early part of the tape) and 'the forces newspaper' missed it out as it didnt fit their angle.

The fake mirror pictures had their effect in the same way.

As to iraqi police ..well there have been clashes between british
officers and iraqi commanders over 'appaling' police cell conditions
and officers going out of their way to improve them. Numerous beatings of women for not 'dressing islamically' etc..but it all doesnt make good news u see.,

Jawz II said:
you seem to think that this "scandal" is about the talking guy. it isnt.
offensive as it is, there are no laws against being an A-hole.

the scandal is about grown men beating little kids.

im sure the young men involved (AKA "victims") didnt sound as concerned with it as the time it was being done to them. cause i hear screaming and crying in that video.

you got me there! who wouldve guessed that iraqi kids like to be beaten? not me. :eek:

People like these 'kids' have been involved in attacks on troops, when one convoy was ambushed a number of the attackers were teenagers.

A lot of the soldiers are 18 as well btw.

you seem to feel you could 'handle' being attacked daily

can i assume you have served?

ellie said:
People like these 'kids' have been involved in attacks on troops, when one convoy was ambushed a number of the attackers were teenagers.

A lot of the soldiers are 18 as well btw.

you seem to feel you could 'handle' being attacked daily

can i assume you have served?

these particular ones werent ambushing anyone, now were they?

you can assume i walked on the moon if you like.

Jawz II said:
these particular ones werent ambushing anyone, now were they?

you can assume i walked on the moon if you like.

The footage ive seen doesnt show if they were or werent involved in the attack that precluded the beating.

I was curious, becaUse personally i dont know how id deal with months of that shi* and dont see how anyone could know unless they have had to put up with it.

ah, i see.

dont become a soldier.

or a cop. (i think you arent giving yourself enough credit here. or the soldiers.)

Jawz II said:
if you watching some kids being beat up, gives you an orgasm, you have serious deeprooted issues.

I presume, if you are not speculating also, that you have evidence that the fella was having an orgasm? I don't need to know how you came by that if you do.

Jawz II said:
how do you know its a warzone?

Because Iraq generally is. That's why there are armed soliders there fighting.

PrinceOfLeigh said:
I presume, if you are not speculating also, that you have evidence that the fella was having an orgasm? I don't need to know how you came by that if you do.

if you absolutely dont want to see the evidence, then yes i have undeniable proof of it.
too bad you dont wanna see it.

PrinceOfLeigh said:
Because Iraq generally is. That's why there are armed soliders there fighting.

there are soldiers in america fighting too (columbia). so by that logic america is a warzone and everything goes?

Jawz II said:
if you absolutely dont want to see the evidence, then yes i have undeniable proof of it.
too bad you dont wanna see it.

Touche, good rebuttal

Jawz II said:
there are soldiers in america fighting too (columbia). so by that logic america is a warzone and everything goes?

Are there B-52's dropping tons of ordanance there too?
By the way, when did I say, or imply, "anything goes" in a warzone?

PrinceOfLeigh said:
Touche, good rebuttal

When did I say, or imply, "anything goes" in a warzone?

so why ecaxtly did you say its a warzone?

even if we assume that it was a warzone, so what?

ps. i was kidding about him having an orgasm.

EDIT: no B-52s dropping bombs, but many choppers and planes, courtesy of uncle sam and the war on drugs.

btw, there are no B-52s dropping bombs in iraq either.

Jawz II said:
even if we assume that it was a warzone, so what?

The point was that the fact that the solider was operating under those conditions is a more likely cause of his outburst rather than the administration of corporal punishment his parents dished out when he was growing up.

There has already been far too much speculation in this thread and that one, I considered, was a leap too far.

Jawz II said:
EDIT: no B-52s dropping bombs, but many choppers and planes, courtesy of uncle sam and the war on drugs.

Ahh now I thought you was being slightly pedantic and that there was a military base in the Washington District of Columbia. Now that I see that you're not I would agree that Columbia is a war zone, especially if there are choppers and places there. Hence, War
on Drugs.

Jawz II said:
btw, there are no B-52s dropping bombs in iraq either.

But there has been and there are military operations there on a daily basis. If you are going to continue to argue that Iraq is a safe place and that our troops are there keeping the peace please let me know so I can put this down to being a waste of time and bow out of this argument.

Top Bottom