[BTS] Barbarian Alliance

This mod looks to be ok for 3.19. I have updated the first post. I'm not sure in which file and where the <Help> tag should go. I didn't work in Hyboria_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml

I'm working on a mod where I'd like a Civ to have a permanent alliance with the barbarians...how did you do this?

This is lots of fun, i saw something like this in the history of the 3 kingdoms mod and was looking for a "normal" game with it in it. They had it so you gained great general experience when barbarian units won in combat too, which i think would help to offset the -8 diplo modifier in this one too (although you get the GG points quick enough when everyone hates you so much anyway)
I was playing around with this mod and i found it to work better if instead of starting with writing; you add a new, unresearchable, untradeable tech that they start with (i called it "barbarism"), that just allows open borders and nothing else. Prevents you from building a library super-early to run scientists and out-tech the world. (i also gave the protective promotions to the barbarian trait, since the upside to the barbarian trait "obsoletes" with the end of the barbarians, but the huge diplo hit lasts forever.)

Edit -- Krys, i just copied the Module folder to my mod's assets folder and enabled modular loading in the config, and copied the CvEventManager from this mod into the python folder in the new one and it works fine, though i'm clueless as to how to apply it to a non-hyborean civ.

Top Bottom