[BTS] Fictionalization IV

BTW I downloaded the new version and I have no diplomatic options. When it comes up for the diplomatic selection screen.

Go to post #214 and download The J's corrected DiplomacyInfos file. Replace the one you downloaded with that one. The game should be good to go after that.

I've been thinking... how about adding Israel as a civ? David and Solomon have lots of legends surrounding them.

I'm back from vacation and I have a new patch.

Patch a adds some missing interface artwork, fixes the DiplomacyInfos problem and the bug where Organized Religion allows any religious unit to be built, and adds new pedia entries by Dibukk.

Link in the first post.

I'm discussing this in the main Fictionalization forum, but I thought I'd bring it up here as well.

One aspect of the mod that I have yet to implement is the Legendary Unit, a second unique unit that is somehow representative of a civ's folklore. I only have a few left to decide upon, but the units that have been finalized could use some guidance in their design, i.e. what they do in-game

Here's what I have so far

America: Gunslinger
Arabia: Carpet Rider
Atlantis: Mersoldier
Aztecs: Ahuizotl
Celtia: Fianna
China: Loong Dragon
Egypt: Anubite
England: Knight of the Round Table
Freedo-Moronika: Doombot
France: Conquerant du Nuages
Germany: ?
Greece: Centaur
Hyboria: Black Guard
Inca: ?
India: Pandava
Japan: Mecha
Mali: Loa
Native America: Thunderbird
Persia: Simurgh
Rome: Gladiator
Russia: SMERSH Agent
Shambhala: Bodhisatva
Spain: Campeador
Sumeria: Harimtu
Transylvania: ?
Utopia: Syphograntus
Vikings: Valkyrie
Zulu: ?

Actually the .dll file that comes with the mod hasn't been altered I believe. I think I made a copy for the mod for any future modifications that would require a custom dll, but so far Fictionalization has been exclusively XML and Python-based. I think the dll files could be easily ditched for Mac users.

Hi

Someone asked in the Mac forums if this mod could be made to work on a Mac. I had a look at it and I needed to change three files to get it to start a game without loading errors.

Macs are more fussy about characters with codes above 127 in XML files, so I had to change smart quotes and long hyphens and accented characters. I guessed about some of the substitutions. There was also an unbalanced <TEXT> tag in the civilopedia file. I'm surprised that gets by the Windows parser.

The changed files are listed and attached in this post.

There was a patch released recently that addressed this.
Sorry, I just downloaded the patch I found in the first post, and didn't read the rest of the thread to check for more.

But still, I'll be sure to include these updated files in my next update.
Please make sure the accented characters still make sense.

I'm a lazy b', and just used a text editor feature called 'Zap Gremlins' to replace all characters it didn't like with bullets. Then I went through the bullets and replaced them all with characters that looked OK. But some of the place and character names may be rubbish now.

I just downloaded the files and opened them up. It looks like all of them are just repetitions of "NULNULTEXT" and things like that.

If you unzip the file in Windows you get an extra invisible file for each real file. They have '._' at the start of the names. I think these are Mac metadata files, and you can delete them.

Arthur Curry 'Pedia entry opens OK here. I just have the standard mod, plus the downloadable patch that's linked in the first post, plus my modified files.

Arthur Curry 'Pedia entry opens OK here. I just have the standard mod, plus the downloadable patch that's linked in the first post, plus my modified files.

Odd. I'll try it again later today (I may have put the files in the wrong places or something) and see what happens.

Darn. Another mod that uses the impossibly broken Atomic Gamer. can you please upload to somewhere else so I can play this mod? It looks amazing. :(

Under no circumstances can I use Atomic Gamer. It always fails the download and I refuse to wait 5 minutes for nothing.

The download always fails between 50 and 89%.

Top Bottom