[BTS] Regiments & Ethnic Diversity

I have changed the Modular XML loading to = 1
and after I save it it goes right back to = 0 when I load the game

have you changed anything else in your ini file ?

this normally happens when there's an error in the file.

well, I've read that next patch will allows any mod to force modular loading via the mod ini, that's a good news :)

yes, open Regiments and Ethnic Diversity.ini in RED's folder, find the line "NoCustomAssets = 1" and replace with "NoCustomAssets = 0".

do the same with "NoCustomArt = 1"

shoot wrong forum, needed the other one for BtS sorry. But same question for that one then.

ok, you mean using the DLL of Air Forces with current version of RED, right ?

you need to use the AirForces_GlobalDefines.xml that come with Air Forces v0.3, the value inside are needed by the DLL.

of course AF v0.3 will be include in next release of RED, I'm testing the merged version right now ;)

This looks amazing, but Im curious. How are load times, late in the game?

Hey, so I fixed the problem, I had a friend take a look at the ini file and he fixed it. I wish I could tell you what he did but he found a way to do it, but he's kind of a recluse...

Anyway, is there a version of Kai's Gigantic map with all the civs for this mod?

I finally got the mod up and running (partially, the only game change is the unit rescales to smaller sizes.) I'm having the same problem, the game reverts the 1 to a 0 in the ini. file....

But all the gameplay changes that're incorporated are the ethnic citystyles and EDU, all the other mods don't work...

Cant wait till you implement Avain's new lineups in the next version, along with the naval changes and additions. This mod rocks.

Yeah I reckon... I'm really hanging out for it too... I stumbled on this mod by accident and I'm tossing up between DLing it and trying it now, or waiting until the update before I give it a shot.... :)

Hey, so I fixed the problem, I had a friend take a look at the ini file and he fixed it. I wish I could tell you what he did but he found a way to do it, but he's kind of a recluse...

Anyway, is there a version of Kai's Gigantic map with all the civs for this mod?
nop, I've only include a 26 civs version of Kai's map. You may have a look at my answer to ConquerorWorm about using the all civ one.

note that there will be SDK change for air forces in next release, and you could'nt use another DLL anymore.

Yeah I reckon... I'm really hanging out for it too... I stumbled on this mod by accident and I'm tossing up between DLing it and trying it now, or waiting until the update before I give it a shot.... :)

next release won't be out this week I think. lot's of things to add !

the more people use current version, the more bugs could be reported and removed for next release ;)

thus, I don't know what is causing the 1 to 0 reverse in the ini :sad:

next release won't be out this week I think. lot's of things to add !

the more people use current version, the more bugs could be reported and removed for next release ;)

thus, I don't know what is causing the 1 to 0 reverse in the ini :sad:

That, and your work looks too damned good to wait for the next release... Downloading now!! :)

I just hope the game I start doesn't turn out to be TOO much fun. The downside to any great mod is having to trash a really enjoyable save game when a really great update to the mod comes out... :sad:

game crashes when trying to view the civilopedia. patch 3.03. [edit - found out this is unrelated to the mod, but if anyone else has an idea of what the problem may be, let me know (happens kinda randomly)]
also, this skyscraper in rome (circa 425 b.c.) appeared a little out of place:
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

great mod otherwise. the ethnic diversity of units is an awesome addition unfortunately you have to max zoom to notice the detail that was put into them as the units are so tiny.

thanks for reporting that !

do you have a savegame with the roman skyscraper ?

I would like to check if its a real corporate hq (which mean a mess in the tech tree) or a graphic bug from city style.

Gedemon, that building is the Scotland Yard. A Great Spy can found it in the early era's.
The only solution for this is to have another graphic for say the first 4 era's, switching to this one in the Industrial era.

Gedemon, that building is the Scotland Yard. A Great Spy can found it in the early era's.
The only solution for this is to have another graphic for say the first 4 era's, switching to this one in the Industrial era.

ha ok, thank you :)

and it's not considered as a bug similar to the military academy ?

Top Bottom