[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

hi all,

I'm italian and I tried this mod.. what to say.. it's fantastic!! with this mod civilization iv bts becomes (one of) the most complete strategical game I've ever seen..

I write here because the italian translation is not complete, most of the RoM's units/buildings/options and so on are still in english.. this mod is very complicated and if it is half in italian and half in english it becomes unplayable :)

I would like to translate in italian the whole mod, but I have 0 experience with programmation and similar.. can someone help me and telle me how to do it?

thank you ;)

Sure, you open up the mod folder, and inside, go to - "Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML/Text" which contains a bunch of XML files. Open any one of them up with a word editor, like notepad, and you will see entries for several languages. Translate the line that says "<Italian>" and save it, and your changes should appear when you reload the game. If you do translate a lot, please, upload it here so Zappara can include them in future releases.

When's the next version coming out?? I thought Revoultion DCM was supposed to be fixed by now, and I STILL cannot install the latest version!

Mega-Upload link for people having trouble with torrent for 2.92 RoM.

Rise of Mankind ver. 2.92

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4LYCSIX1

Thanks to CFC Member 'Chile' for posting original.
-G.
My apologies for messed link the first time....checked it working now, same link as Afforsees lists below.

Thanks Graiskye!
For your help and effort, but megaupload doesn't work in my area:blush:

If anyone can upload it somewhere else, that would be great!

Thanks Graiskye!
For your help and effort, but megaupload doesn't work in my area:blush:

If anyone can upload it somewhere else, that would be great!

Don't just say "somewhere else". Tell us EXACTLY where else you can download from easily. Then see if anyone can upload 900MB file to that place. Better yet, make a list of places you can download from, then go research their upload policies. If any of places you like can accept over 900MB file, post here :).

Otherwise, you are at risk of sounding like a whiny child ;).

The thing is os79, that I can install from ANYWHERE ELSE, but for some reason, people keep uploading it to megaupload or uTorrent. Heck I'm fine with torrent, but I use Vuze, and for some reason, it won't let me install it, using Vuze! I have never had a problem using ANY other download site, EXCEPT for megaupload, and now for some reason, I can't install a uTorrent file, and download it on Vuze, I have not idea what that is though.

sigh...... :(

No it doesn't work its megaupload....
When's the next patch coming out? Perhaps if you put it up as a new torrent, it'll work

Okay I have tried to upload a 2.92 torrent to IsoHunt a Canadian site I have used for a few years with good success.
Problem is that I cannot find it through the search, this may be because it is brand new and hasn't made it into the search bank, but, Ill just provide the link to the download page right here.....

New Torrent for ROM 2.92:
http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/206719441/ROM+2.92+Rise+of+Mankind+Civilzation+IV+Civ+IV?tab=summary
Note it may take a moment to load in, the page will sit blank for a moment, it works for me, I tested it.

I will seed for a couple of days hopefully will get it started ??
-Grais.
PS: I have never done this before so please take this into account if it doesn't work right away, 'we' might have to iron out a few details, but I think I got it alright, we shall see.
Have a great day.

Thank You so much for your effort! But.... for some reason every time I try to make it work, it gives me a "open Error" message which pops up, for some reason it dosen't want to run the torrent :(
sigh.... I don't understand why its so hard to download this mod! I've never had problems like this for RoM
But thank you anyways!

Sure, you open up the mod folder, and inside, go to - "Rise of Mankind/Assets/XML/Text" which contains a bunch of XML files. Open any one of them up with a word editor, like notepad, and you will see entries for several languages. Translate the line that says "<Italian>" and save it, and your changes should appear when you reload the game. If you do translate a lot, please, upload it here so Zappara can include them in future releases.

I'm going to translate the whole game, so I really think that I will upload the new XML ;)

Thank you very much, I'll start this evening.. it will take some time, I'm preparing an entry test for the university :(

I saw that a new version of RoM was released.. are the XML text files still the same? yesterday I translated about 15 xml of the 2.91, and I wouldn't like to do again the same job, also because it's quite long..

can someone tell me if it's better that I stop the 2.91 translation and start the 2.92 one?

Dear all,

i ve been playing this mod for long in order to understand what is going on.
Assumed we have free speech here,i would like to post my comments.

bad things first.

*technologies:
there are so many.My opinion is that so many techs making the game very heavy,and some are complete useless.Especially on marathon or epic speed.For example,tech research:stirrup! axaxaxaxax: cry:
*the game crashes very often.i dont know what is causing this.It is supposed to be fixed with a patch...
*useless and so many resources.i dont think that every resource was necessary,obsidian for example-consuming valuable space tiles for something better.
*Soooo many units-the same point.Too many,making the game "Heavy".example:light tank,medium tank,heavy tank....
*So many buildings.Some were needed in combine with some resources,for example:bakery if you have corn,or wheat.But most were not needed-airport,military airbase,commercial airport....
*Eventually someone must learn and create somthing i miss from previous versions of civs,but existed in Civ 1,2:The mount peaks connected,and be passable.Mountains are very difficult to appear.And someone at last should EXPLAIN to modders that not every mountain must be an active volcano.!:sad:
*Unavailability to disable future era.

Good things.
*Some resources are very clever-ammunition-for gunpowder units.Cause in the original civ iv gunpowder units require almost nothing.This should (and very wisely)changed.
*Adding more religions-another +1 good point.
Ancient egyptians and Greeks perhaps had the most famous religions of the ancient world.Someone at last added them.
*Ranged bombardment,certainly good point.
*Good addition of national wonders (allowing to provide resources) and other benefits.
*Impressive addition of civics.A very good idea and with many choices.Although,some like health system and education should not been removed.
*I love the growing industry-ilke the cottage-styl.!both thumbs up 4 this.:goodjob:
In Many big cities around the world,there is their"industrial zone".It is represented perfectly with this addition.
*Improved graphics,of course,
*Added random events.
*Weather effects-very good as well,but why always at sea?Should have been at land as well...And this has opened the way to ambitious modders to create some others-snowstorms for example.
Dont forget how Hitler's troops were slowed down cause of russian winter.

Civ 5 seems as a failure.For me it is strongly distastefull that religions are missing,multiple units cannot be in the same tile.There were certainly nice features,but now they removed.

Of course the modders cant agree with anyone here-like me for example.No doubt that they have worked really hard and very much,no doubt they have improved civilization IV.
Even if they can improve it more than this.They could also,add "legends"as i have seen in another mod.And i think that this mod is going to be playble for long.Even on its earlier versions.

Comments,opinios,always welcome...

Of course the modders cant agree with anyone here-like me for example.No doubt that they have worked really hard and very much,no doubt they have improved civilization IV.
Even if they can improve it more than this.They could also,add "legends"as i have seen in another mod.And i think that this mod is going to be playble for long.Even on its earlier versions.

You do know that the mod Rise of Mankind is done by one person, Zappara. However there are a large number of mods built to expand it.

bad things first.

*So many buildings.Some were needed in combine with some resources,for example:bakery if you have corn,or wheat.But most were not needed-airport,military airbase,commercial airport....

I can't "live" without the airport how else will my automated workers, missionaries and CEOs get to all parts of my empire. ;)

*Eventually someone must learn and create somthing i miss from previous versions of civs,but existed in Civ 1,2:The mount peaks connected,and be passable.Mountains are very difficult to appear.And someone at last should EXPLAIN to modders that not every mountain must be an active volcano.!:sad:

The volcano is just a Civ IV/BtS event as far as I know the only modding done in one of RoM mods was to put a volcano graphic there for awhile.

The expansion "A New Dawn" adds in passable mountains in a way that works well IMHO. It is the main reason I use that expansion.

Top Bottom