Bugs in 1.10

Ok, there are two obvious ones for me.

1) The pasture should only allow for 1 worker instead of 2.

2) The blacksmith shelter should only allow for 1 worker with an output of 2. Currently it is 2 and 3 respectively which is ridiculous since the blacksmith shop which is the next level has exactly the same output.

(I've manually fixed these myself on my own copy - it's easy enough to do.)

Apologies for missing them. I brought in Zuul's mod as is and didn't really check it like I shoulda. ;)

Dale,

Loaded newest version and started an MP game. Here are some observations:

Nations used: China, Portugal (both human), Russia, France (both AI), 8 Indian nations
Map: New World

Each time a human launches a ship from Europe to go back to new world, an OOS flashing message appears. The numbers suggest there is an OOS condition, but we let it go for awhile and it did correct itself twice (out of 20 times). We saved the game off after about 2 hours (there was also a recovery save each time we corrected issue).

Russia started on the East coast with Portugal.

Neither Russia or France utilized scouts (Explorer level for all players).

The advisor buttons do not seem to cause the OOS problem any longer.

Operating System of both humans:XP

Thanks again for the mod. It really adds life to the game.

PudgyOne

Each time a human launches a ship from Europe to go back to new world, an OOS flashing message appears. The numbers suggest there is an OOS condition, but we let it go for awhile and it did correct itself twice (out of 20 times). We saved the game off after about 2 hours (there was also a recovery save each time we corrected issue).

Ok, i think this is my task. Can you explain a little more detailed what happens? Which button to click, etc... I don't have much experience with mp. :)

I like the idea that the AI is more challenging, but their initial boosts do seem rather extreme. I took a peek at their empires (through worldbuilder) on turn 29:
- China had 3 cities with a total of 10 pop!
- Spain had 3 cities with 7 total pop!

This in addition to numerous scouts, pioneers and a few soldiers. Playing on Conquistador, so not that high a difficulty level, either. Apparently the AI is getting some rather substantial cash bonuses at start, because this level of development can't be explained simply by cashing in treasures.

At the same time, I've got 2 cities with 3 total population, and three scouts out exploring, less than half of the other civs.

I'll keep playing, perhaps this huge initial bonus to the AI will make them more challenging.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I stopped playing 1.10. In my game(s) i dont have any chance. AI is much, much to far away.

Its turn 78 (of more then 1.000) on marathon, conquistador level, on my pre set America map. Im still building up my first colonies, I dont even have an scout right now, while AI Spain allready has an huge capital with 14 inhabitans (25 % RS on turn 78!) and settled a big part of South America with 5 more cities. Spain also has 3 - or even more - Galleons, while Im still using my little caravel. Simliar with others europeans exept the pirates. Its looking to me, like the AI is playing in fast/normal game speed, while I do marathon. Guess its something wrong with my map on AoD2?

Open your mapfile in notepad and make sure it doesn't say gamespeed normal, or calendar normal.

Hallo Dale,

I found an Error in your SDK-Code, for the City-Bombard-System you let check, if there is the 5th-Building (fortress) in the town, but because of the new buildings in AoD2 the 5th Building is the "carpenter shelter" and not the fortress. when I count right, the fortress is the 59th Building.
Your Code from "CvCity.cpp" is:
Code:
void CvCity::doBombard()
{
	if (isHasBuilding((BuildingTypes)4))
	{
I think it would be better, not to check if ther is a building with a special number. Because in my MOD i made the same error, I found a way to make it better, in my MOD I'm check if in the city is a Building with a special defense value.
The code form "CvCity.cpp" in my MOD is:
Code:
void CvCity::doBombard()
{
	bool bDefenseBuilding = false;
	int iDefenseModifier = GC.getDefineINT("TAC_MIN_DEFENSE_MODIFIER");
	// check if there is a building in the town, which has a devense value above the value from "iDefenseModifier"
	// überprüfen ob sich in der Stadt ein Gebäude mit einem Verteidigungsbonus über "iDefenseModifier" befindet
	for (int iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumBuildingInfos(); iI++)
	{
		if (GC.getBuildingInfo((BuildingTypes)iI).getDefenseModifier() >= iDefenseModifier)
		{
			if (isHasBuilding((BuildingTypes)iI))
			{
				bDefenseBuilding = true;
				break;
			}
		}
	}

// old: if (isHasBuilding((BuildingTypes)4))
	if (bDefenseBuilding)
	{

In my MOD the define of "TAC_MIN_DEFENSE_MODIFIER" is 75 percent. which are the building fort and fortress.

King MB

I stopped playing 1.10. In my game(s) i dont have any chance. AI is much, much to far away.

Its turn 78 (of more then 1.000) on marathon, conquistador level, on my pre set America map. Im still building up my first colonies, I dont even have an scout right now, while AI Spain allready has an huge capital with 14 inhabitans (25 % RS on turn 78!) and settled a big part of South America with 5 more cities. Spain also has 3 - or even more - Galleons, while Im still using my little caravel. Simliar with others europeans exept the pirates. Its looking to me, like the AI is playing in fast/normal game speed, while I do marathon. Guess its something wrong with my map on AoD2?

No, I think the problem is with our expectations and the difficulty level. HEre are some thoughts:
1) Conquistador should be a very difficult level. Try playing at a lower difficulty level.
2) You don't have a scout? What if, on your first arrival in the New World, you found two cities, load the guns and sell them to the nearest natives. That will give you enough gold to buy horses for one colonist. IMHO getting a scout on the first trip is *that* important, because your scout is going to finance the second and third trips all by himself.
3) So what if the AI is building bigger cities than you, and buying multiple galleons! Bide your time, and by turn 100 or so you should be able to field an army that will turn his cities to dust.

IMHO, with build v1.10, the gameplay has changed completely! We have to unlearn the lessons from previous games, and accept that the game is now highly challenging, even at far lower difficulty levels than we were used to playing before.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

:lol:

So people are met with a challange and they start complaining? I love that!

Hi, I am unable to view or respond to any messages from other cultures. When loading the mod, any messages from natives, or europeans are blank and I cannot click where the messages should be. I end up having to use the escape button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Sounds like an installation problem. Make sure all the files have gone into the right place and that the folder structure inside the AgeOfDiscovery mod folder exists. Also ensure that in the "Mods" folder is the folder called "AgeOfDiscoveryII" and NOT "AoD2_1.10". :)

:lol:

So people are met with a challange and they start complaining? I love that!

Dale, my only suggestion regarding the rate of AI expansion would be to have more variance from low to high levels of difficulty. Keep the top two levels of difficulty just the way they are now, the highest levels *should* be impossible and near impossible. But make the mid and especially the lowest levels of difficulty ramp down much farther. At level 1 and 2 I don't want to see multiple AI galleons sailing around on turn 30, but at the highest levels that shouldn't bother me.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Ahoi,

I stopped playing for a while but the 1.10 release made me curious again.
I played a few Games and i liked em basically just a few thoughts in mind:

First of the new AI is awesome and imo not really a problem actually i think its still way too passive. Yes its rushing and popping Cities like crazy but in 4 or 5 Games i never received a War declaration of any nation no matter how well or bad i was defended or how troublesome i was at the border of the AI.
I can understand it might be a problem on small Maps but even there i hardly had any troubles at all. (Revolutionary Mode)

2 Things bothering me actually.

first: I think the starting Town should receive a TownHall or something like that something like a "Capital". Right now its pretty impossible to get the starting FFs at the right time. With the new AI rushing and exploring like crazy it doesnt really help if i managed to get enough PP for the FF for 2ce the chance for Treasure if there is nothing to explore anymore. This is kinda ridicolous especially the Exploration FF Tree needs a serious revamp. As is its pretty much Pointless and only Helps for the End Game Score.

second: With the New "More Buildings" Stuff the RS System is a tad screwed at the moment. even an ES doesnt Produce enough Bells for the 1% chance to rise RS in any Town untill the 2nd building or so. On One side you are forced to put the ES into the 1st building to gain PP since you cant really build PP through Carpenters anymore or not fast enough w/o killing your grow chance. On the Other side you dont gain any RS by doing so cause the 6 bells marging isnt achieved and the Bells go wasted. But they do count for REF... Scary...

To be honest actually i LOVE the new Galleons AI and the massive Pop Rush they do... its actually improving my own grow table big time as i can capture alot of the Pop right away and profit from these. (no not playing Pirates :p )
Even more so more Ships in NW give me a chance to Upgrade my own SoLs before i declare DoI.

regards

p.s.: Not sure why but in none of my gams i had a DoI of another Civ...

Ahoi,

p.s.: Not sure why but in none of my gams i had a DoI of another Civ...

I had this issue too... I ran some games where I was so far behind it was pointless and just pressed enter through each turn to see which comp player would win (this was revolutionary level or something) and no comp ever declares independence.

I haven't tested this enough to call it a bug, but to go to the last turn of the game on the hardest level and not have any comps declare independence is pretty odd.

Playing AoDII - latest version.
Random Australia.
When setting sailing from Aus to New World, clicking on the icon produces a box that is supposed to have a map of which route to specify, but in my game instead gives a see-thru box?
Forcing it again then produces the proper map, on which to choose (in may case) Western approach.
Hope I explained properly??

Top Bottom