Bugs in 1.10

I've been playing 1.10 and never get an offer of a Founding Father to join. I checked my points and had more than enough political and whatever else (religion, exploration, etc) were required. Anyone else getting this issue?

I've been playing 1.10 and never get an offer of a Founding Father to join. I checked my points and had more than enough political and whatever else (religion, exploration, etc) were required. Anyone else getting this issue?

Are you sure the available FFs hadn't all been taken by the competing AI colonials? Given the rapid expansion of the AI civs, and the way they pump out liberty bells, you may find that unless you actually set your early cities to producing political points, all the FFs are just snapped up by your competitors before you get round to it.

If you mean that you've got the points, and the FFs are still available but that the game doesn't offer them to you, gee, that's a strange new bug I've never seen before.

In my games I spend the majority of my time producing political points from most of my cities, simply in order to get the FFs before the danged AI. No problems, I seem to be able to get between 40% and 60% of the FFs if I really devote all my energy to it.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I've twice had the sudden crash bug hit me on two different games. Even reverting to an earlier save game and replaying didn't prevent the bug.

I think that most of you play a war-based game so this may not help. We like playing the production type games. We found a crash bug when we get the FF John Harvard and place students in our universities. We play MP, one XP, one Vista and we painstakingly whittled it down to a John Harvard/university problem. I should add that we also have the FF Washington Irving, so we are guessing that the error is due to education points or something.

I Just downloaded and installed AoDII 1.10 and the game has locked up on me. I have played several games without AoDII 1.10 with no lock ups. Here is some information on the lock-up.

* Playing the Western Hemishphere Huge Mod Scenario
* Playing as Jose (someone else mentioned crashing 3 times as Jose)
* Game locks up after hitting "End Turn"
* The small earth icon comes up spinning like the AI is thinking but it never stops
* I had to hard reboot my PC to exit the program (ctrl+alt+del did not work)
* I reloaded from Auto save and tried playing again and the game locked up at the same time (around 1560 ad)
* I am running XP, Dual Core 2.4, 2 gig memory, GeForce 8800 GTX

I can't be certain, but I suspect that the mod is not 100% compatible with the fixed maps included with it. I play only random maps from the Faireweather map script, and have had no lockups similar to those described here. My games do often lockup in the late game pre-independence phase, but that's probably because I'm playing on an under-spec laptop with no dedicated video card, and once I have 15 or so large cities and all the attendant units, it just gets too much for my feeble cpu to handle.

My bet is that if you try playing on random maps using the fareweather script, you will have no lockups similar to what you've described.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Noticed a 'bug/feature' with the price of colonists waiting on the docs. Not sure if you've addressed this in 1.11 or whether it is intended.

Anyway I have noticed several times that prices to hurry colonists on the docks seem to vary strangely. One time I had 47/48 crosses and 2 IS and 1 VS on the docks. The cost for the IS was 18 and the VS 35. Another time I had 81/105 crosses, an IS, MT and EGM, with the costs being 274, 315 and 274 respectively.

With all the changes you have made I don't recall if certain types of colonist are supposed to be cheaper than others, eg IS, but it seems odd that colonists such as EGM are also??

This is from the official patch. Remember pre-patch it was possible (specially mid-late game) that the cost of rushing a colonist was much more than the cost of purchasing it new? Well for the patch Firaxis changed it so that it is a percentage of the purchase price instead of some arbitrary sum multiplied by number of crosses.

This is from the official patch. Remember pre-patch it was possible (specially mid-late game) that the cost of rushing a colonist was much more than the cost of purchasing it new? Well for the patch Firaxis changed it so that it is a percentage of the purchase price instead of some arbitrary sum multiplied by number of crosses.

Ah i see. Well it would seem there is a prob with the EGM hurry cost. I'll post in the AoFD thread :)

Top Bottom