Building Forbidden Palace on turn 316!

Cpt Chaos

Chieftain
Can't say much more than is in the title. Somehow not one member of the other 6 AI civs (Elizabeth had the misfortune of spawning too close to me) had unlocked Patronage, so when I did at around turn 310 due to filling out rationalism and all useful freedom tenets, I was still able to build FP! I certainly was way ahead in tech, but not that far - most AI seemed to be in modern era. Very unusual.

Difficulty was king. Anyone else been able to build policy wonders unusually late like this?

Attachments

• Forbidden palace and ss part.jpg
    Forbidden palace and ss part.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 233
One time playing as Russia on king (Standard speed and map) I was able to still build the Pyramids around turn 210.

I've only ever had one game in which an AI actually took patronage, and built the Forbidden Palace. It was Indonesia.

I've seen Pyramids built ~industrial. I think it was late industrial too...

So yeah. Liberty is really rarely taken by AI now. Even they know Tradition is (almost) always superior.

It changes though with the mods which increase their aggressivenes and likeliness to settle more cities (to not make it a drawback to AI, I also use no science penalty per city mod), like the lovely "more war" mod.

Palace though is very often either founded way too fast, or it's built slightly later.

The Rationalism tower, however, is very easy to build. The AI prefers to go Aesthetics even as Korea and Babylon, which shows that Something Is Really Wrong.

Big Ben is also very easy to build. I don't think I've ever seen anyone build it (unless it was me). AI don't like Commerce, and I can see why.

Louvre is ultra hard to build. Uffizi is also very hard, but then I almost never go Aesthetics or Navigation anyway, so whatever.

Darius built B.Ben in my current game which was shocking b/c it was the only time i've seen AI build it

I've seen Pyramids built ~industrial. I think it was late industrial too...

So yeah. Liberty is really rarely taken by AI now. Even they know Tradition is (almost) always superior.

It changes though with the mods which increase their aggressivenes and likeliness to settle more cities (to not make it a drawback to AI, I also use no science penalty per city mod), like the lovely "more war" mod.

Palace though is very often either founded way too fast, or it's built slightly later.

The Rationalism tower, however, is very easy to build. The AI prefers to go Aesthetics even as Korea and Babylon, which shows that Something Is Really Wrong.

Big Ben is also very easy to build. I don't think I've ever seen anyone build it (unless it was me). AI don't like Commerce, and I can see why.

Louvre is ultra hard to build. Uffizi is also very hard, but then I almost never go Aesthetics or Navigation anyway, so whatever.

On Large maps, AIs loves liberty. If you only turn on domination victory condition, AI loves liberty. There are not many civs who likes patronage. The Dutch always seem to take it though.

I see quite a few AI civs go down the piety tree as well as choose tradition over liberty as starting policy. I assume the ratio for a 12 civ game is something like 4:2:2:3. To me, commerce seems the least significant SP of choice for the AI but in some games, the AI do choose it and get Big Ben.

Its possible because some Ai don't go patronage

I like the change that you need policies to get some wonders so the player has more change of getting them

Top Bottom