C2C Graphics

@Toffer90 or Sparth did you see this request for help by Orion Veteran? We have the Lynx in game but it is not animated his is or would be if there was not an error somewhere. Helping him could help us too ;)

In the lunar colonization module are some new buildings and a handfull of units and improvments that for now only use placeholder graphics (and buttons). If you are bored, feel free to change them anyway you feel apropiate; what you've done to the mod looks so well fitting that I completely trust you here :goodjob:

In the lunar colonization module are some new buildings and a handfull of units and improvments that for now only use placeholder graphics (and buttons). If you are bored, feel free to change them anyway you feel apropiate; what you've done to the mod looks so well fitting that I completely trust you here :goodjob:
Thanks, and sorry for not having made more than that one unit for your module yet, making, models, textures and accompanying animations/effects can be very time consuming and exhausting. I will definitely make some more stuff for it sooner or later.

That's not a big problem.
I figured out that for me it is easier to just copy a whole unit with all the art than to figure out where to put each file. Take all the time you need, I'm happy as long as it is working (sort of).

I thought it might be something like that after Hydro did the same thing with a unit.:lol:

edit That is only part of the problem. I multiplied the sizes by 100 and the shadow looks right but the unit is still not visible.

I thought it might be something like that after Hydro did the same thing with a unit.:lol:

edit That is only part of the problem. I multiplied the sizes by 100 and the shadow looks right but the unit is still not visible.

Checked this art files in C2C and everything is ok. I posted the right XML code in his thread.

My current project:
Spoiler :

Making bamboo forest not only look better, but to make them sway in the wind, adjust their height to hills and to give way for rivers and improvements like other forest types does.

I will add more leafs and make it look more varied, this is a WIP image from what I'm doing in blender.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 266
My current project:
Spoiler :

Making bamboo forest not only look better, but to make them sway in the wind, adjust their height to hills and to give way for rivers and improvements like other forest types does.

I will add more leafs and make it look more varied, this is a WIP image from what I'm doing in blender.

Great! I tried fix this model in past but I failed :)

Great! I tried fix this model in past but I failed :)
it's complicated, I've spent around 4 hours on it now, still far from finished.

But, I've already tested a prototype in game, it swayed in the wind and looked good on hills and peaks (height-wise), so only a matter of time before it works just like any other forests now. ;)
I just have to make 15 variations of the model first...:cry:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Prototype.jpg
    Prototype.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 200
Toffer, maybe more dense?
Making it more dense means more poligons. It already has more polys than regular forests, about 10% more... Each of the 15 Bamboo models are between 45-200 KB now.
So, is it worth it to make them denser?

Made 4 of 15 model variations now.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Getting closer.jpg
    Getting closer.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 230
Making it more dense means more poligons. It already has more polys than regular forests, about 10% more... Each of the 15 Bamboo models are between 45-200 KB now.
So, is it worth it to make them denser?

Made 4 of 15 model variations now.
Spoiler :

Looks good. Stay with that density.

Finished the bamboo feature; I'll let it stay as a modmod (under Experimental Graphical features) until it's been tested and got a greenlight for the core.

Top Bottom