C2C - Next War

Spoiler og desc :

The sun rises in the year 2048.

Following the Secession Wars and the subsequent collapse of the United Global Mandate, seven superpowers have risen out of the ashes of the old order. Armed with the latest weapons of war, and brimming with eager explorers looking to conquer the final frontier, will you lead your people to glory?

Features:

-Built on the Large Earths space map for an epic game stretching into humanity's deep future

-130 developed cities and hundreds of units, all hand placed

-The first ever fully furnished nanotech era start, showcasing the advanced capabilities of C2Cs world builder

Civilizations

Great Southern Empire - The Lady: Controls all of Africa except for Somalia and the Maghreb

Pan-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere - Glorious Leader: China, Indochina, Japan, Korea, and Eastern Siberia

Europa - His Excellency: all of Europe (incl European Russia) except for Ireland and Iberia

America Incorporated - Mister Big: all of North America except for Cascadia and Quebec

New Babylon - The Lawgiver: Middle East, Iran, Pakistan, Central Asia, and central Siberia

The Federation - El Presidente: South America except for Argentina, and the Caribbean

Pacifica - The Admiral: Indonesia and Oceania

Independent States: the remnants of the UN/UGM and other unsubjugated states. Once they are conquered, the superpowers will likely turn against each other, and the world will likely become a much more dangerous place.

Some vitals:
-Built on SVN Revision 11190
-The WB save file is approximately 10000KB, the largest scenario I know of for Civ4 (lol)
-Load time is 3-4 mins
-The first turn is ~20s
-Loading a turn 1 save is ~ 10s

Special thanks to Toffer90 and his work on the new worldbuilder

Known bugs:
Using the "Size Matters" combat option messes with loading saves, causing pre-placed units to become overpowered. A temporary workaround seems to be loading the game without Size Matters, re-enabling it in the WB, saving the game, then reloading. The Modern MGs you start with should have a strength of around 12.56

Future:
It's bright

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-19_11-23-1.png
    upload_2020-6-19_11-23-1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 465
  • C2C Next War.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    8.2 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Research speed is messed up here - it shouldn't be more than 30 turns on Eternity.
On Eternity you need 20 turns to research tech on average.

I think it's a matter of still having a ton of buildings and improvements able to be built, so cities aren't at the capacity they might have if someone played up to this point. I suspect that by turn 100, tech times should stabilize. Fusion takes 200 turns on turn 1, but only 112 turns 25 turns later

Some vitals:
-The .wbs file is approximately 7500MB, about 1GB smaller than KiwiTT's Modern Earth on GEM (as far as I know, this is the largest scenario in Civ4 to date)
I think you meant 7.5 MB, I checked that Modern Earth GEM map, and it has 8.3 MB size.
It comes with some stuff (its mod) - its 225 MB big with everything.

Also its .CivBeyondSwordWBSave file type unless it was changed.

@GreatLordofPie could set building cost global to 1 (its in global defines), so cities can catch up with buildings after playing several turns (prereqs of prereqs of prereqs....).
He could set it to 1 in game speed defines too, so all buildings would cost 1 hammer.

I think you meant 7.5 MB, I checked that Modern Earth GEM map, and it has 8.3 MB size.
It comes with some stuff (its mod) - its 225 MB big with everything.

Also its .CivBeyondSwordWBSave file type unless it was changed.

You're right on both, apparently I'm just illiterate lol

@GreatLordofPie could set building cost global to 1 (its in global defines), so cities can catch up with buildings after playing several turns (prereqs of prereqs of prereqs....).
He could set it to 1 in game speed defines too, so all buildings would cost 1 hammer.

Having the game in debug mode with cheatcode=chipotle (in the BTS config file I think?) then just pressing "+" to finish production is pretty similar, which I tried in previous attempts at scenario-building. The new "add all available buildings to every city" just seems so much easier, even with having to go into notepad++ to delete crimes, pollution, etc.
In case anyone is wondering, it took about 7 clicks of the aforementioned button (per civ) to get the cities to their level of development

@raxo2222 is it both yourself and Toffer who re-did the WB or just one of you? I just want to make sure I'm giving credit where credit is due

Just Toffer redid it.
You did fix one text error for one of the WB main button tooltips. ^^

platyping originally made the WB we have in C2C now, it's a vanilla mod he made long ago.
I basically installed his vanilla mod into C2C, installing it wasn't trivial (which is why no one had done it for C2C earlier).
I have been rewriting it bit by bit since I installed it to increase performance and reduce C2C incompatibilities that weren't obvious when I first installed it.
The WB tech screen is the only sub-screen I've completely rewritten, and I'll probably rewrite more of it eventually to get the wide tooltip into all the subscreens and optimize it further.

Last edited:
I'm able to load the scenario with the new SVN by just changing "Version=14" to "15" but I can't save changes in the world builder without pic related python exception. Is there anything I can change in the scenario file via text editor to make it fully compatible with the new SVN version?

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-20_14-17-46.png
    upload_2020-6-20_14-17-46.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 297
I'm able to load the scenario with the new SVN by just changing "Version=14" to "15" but I can't save changes in the world builder without pic related python exception. Is there anything I can change in the scenario file via text editor to make it fully compatible with the new SVN version?
My bad, I left something akin to a typo error in the "have satellite tech - reveal map" info stored for players. Will fix it asap.

You can fix the error yourself if you're in a hurry, just change:
f.write("\tRevealMap=1\n" %(0)) → to:↓
f.write("\tRevealMap=1\n")
on line 304 in CvWBDesc.py

I'm doing a second pass overhaul of the scenario read/write today with a lot of bugfixes, version number won't change this time as I don't change anything that could break current "up-to-date" scenarios.
This overhaul will address data that change or get lost when starting the scenario, meaning that if you start the scenario and immediately on turn 0 save it as a new scenario in world builder, the two scenarios files should be much more identical when compared in a diff tool.
bugfix example: Great commanders won't downgrade to great generals when starting the scenario.

I think the recent changes to scenario reading might have broken the worldbuilder file, so I'll need to rebuild the scenario from the ground up

I think the recent changes to scenario reading might have broken the worldbuilder file, so I'll need to rebuild the scenario from the ground up
Go back to an older SVN revision where it worked and start the scenario, save the game, update the SVN again, load the game, enter worldbulder, and save the scenario again from there.
I assumed you had the original game save the scenario was based on, so I didn't say this before, sorry.

Last edited:
The scenario is in OP now. Should be, at the very least, compatible with the most recent map reading update.

Top Bottom