C2C - Next War

Launched on 11189

UPD Perhaps there is no problem on later versions, but better check.

UPD 2 By the way, taking this opportunity - thanks, the scenario is very good

I think there was an update to scenario reading in 11190 so that might be the problem. And thank you for your support!

I decided to try this on v42 just to see if it would work, and surprisingly it loads up and plays with no issues. After playing a few turns I've had quite a bit of fun so think I'll do some work to polish it up to get a kind of dystopian feel. Lots of crime and sickness in cities, roving barbarians and lots of tensions and potential for conflict, all the while the "cosmos" beckons.
On the same note, is there any way in the platybuilder or new worldbuilder save format to set civs as minor civs or otherwise always be at war?

If you get back to this at some point, there are a couple new critical buildings that would be better to have placed in all cities, ancient custsoms and imperial fortress for instance, and some more unit variety other than infantry right at the start might spice things up for some early war action. Also, where are all the nukes?

All things aside though, I love the idea of a future era start scenario, only bothering thing is the culture overlap at the start. You do have to go through a lot of pop ups on load up and then again on the first turn, from natural wonders pop ups to resource acquired ones, but it's manageable, only took me a few minutes to get rolling.

If you get back to this at some point, there are a couple new critical buildings that would be better to have placed in all cities, ancient custsoms and imperial fortress for instance, and some more unit variety other than infantry right at the start might spice things up for some early war action. Also, where are all the nukes?

All things aside though, I love the idea of a future era start scenario, only bothering thing is the culture overlap at the start. You do have to go through a lot of pop ups on load up and then again on the first turn, from natural wonders pop ups to resource acquired ones, but it's manageable, only took me a few minutes to get rolling.
Pop-ups? How are Natural Wonders or resources even triggering them?
Or did I simply BUG them OFF long ago and forgot, lol?

Update posted. Just so you know there's a bug with Size Matters that causes some units to have egregious strength values. A temp fix is available on the OP. Note this is only tested on V42 and not on SVN

Top Bottom