C3C FULL Metallic Interface conversion with complete installer

Kanzler said:
Question: is there a way to use this graphic mod only for a scenario?
Yes, install all of it with the right directory structure within that scenario's folder.
Each scenario has a list of folders to look for files in, and the scenario's folders will replace anything in the basic game folders, if they can. So you can set up a folder in the Scenarios folder, called C3C Metallic Interface, and have any scenario you want check that folder.

Hi Eva,

very, very fine piece of work. Absolutely pleasant for the Eye. You have displayed a remarkable good colourtaste. Will never go back to the nilla-screens. :) :) :)

However I found the following mistakes:

1. C3C_Metal_Interface.exe

Information about folders/files missing in the File Backup List of the setup.

Your List:

All files in the following folders ......

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Advisors
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\City Screen
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Civilopedia
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Diplomacy
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\interface
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\RankView
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Replay
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\SmallHeads
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\SpaceShip
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\tech chooser

Missing folders: WonderSplash
WorldSetup

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Art\Advisors
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Art\Espionage
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Art\interface
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Civ3PTW\Art\Scenario Mgmt

Missing folder: city screen

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\Advisors
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\interface
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\PlayerSetup
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\WorldSetup

And the following individual files .....

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\exitBox-background.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\exitBox-backgroundStates.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\PopUpandMenuBackground.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\popupborders.pcx

Missing file: buttonsFinal.pcx

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\histograph-top5_final.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\histograph-win5_final.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\Scroll.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\TileInfo.pcx
C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Art\x_title.pcx

Missing files: x_title1.pcx
x_title2.pcx
These two files are in the update, but not in the original installation. :confused:

The setup itself works flawless, everything is changed. Fine work. :goodjob:

2. The update for Rhyes Metal Science Screen can not work with the paths in the setup rhye_science_metal.exe

He has his science screens in his Scenario-Folders. Here are the correct path´s so you can fix it. ;)

..\. = path to your Civ3 games directory like: C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III or maybe: d:\games\civ3 or whatever path you use!!

..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\science_ancient.pcx
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\Art\Advisors\science_middle.pcx
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\Art\Advisors\science_industrial.pcx
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\science_industrial_new.pcx
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\science_modern

The science_middle.pcx in the scenario-folder:
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\
is different. This screen is not changed yet.

The science_industrial_new.pcx in the scenario-folder:
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\Art\Advisors\
is not changed yet. But is identical with the science_industrial.pcx
in the same folder.

I assume he uses here the science_industrial.pcx???
If it is not working, simply rename the science_industrial.pcx in science_industrial_new.pcx.
Can`t look in the game, as I have only the expanson pack biq!!

The science_modern.pcx in the scenario-folder:
is different. This screen is not changed yet.

The folder:
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\Art\Advisors\ contains no science_ancient.pcx. Don`t no if he uses here the normal science_ancient screen of c3c. Path: ..\.\Conquests\Art\Advisors??? Can`t look in the game, as I have only the expanson pack biq!!

The folder:
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\ contains no science_industrial.pcx. In this scenario he uses the ..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\science_industrial_new.pcx

These science .pcx`s must be hardcoded, i could find nothing about them in the .biq and .txt files.

My conclusion: If you have in your Advisor Folder a science_industrial.pcx the game will use this. Otherwise if you have no science_industrial.pcx, but the science_industrial_new.pcx the game will use the last. It seems to work this way with Ryes expanded game. The science_industrial_new.pcx exists only in c3c. So this screen will only work in c3c.

If I`m correct, then the science_middle.pcx in the folder:
..\.\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization X\Art\Advisors\
and the modern.pcx in the folder:

must also be reworked and added to the update: rhye_science_metal.exe

Hope this will help you to fix it, best will be to ask Rhye or Blasphemous if I am correct in my findings.

And please, pleeeaaase can you remake pounders wonderBackground.pcx he has created for his great New Format Wonder Splashes. ;)

PS: Hi Kanzler, it will work with almost every Scenario, if you only install the C3C_Metal_Interface.exe. Only the background of the science screens for the Scenarios will be in nilla.

Hel

Haven't tested that, but my guess would be yes, since the title screen in the scenario folder shows up.

That is because the world setup files are placed in the default art folder. If however you place it in the scenario art folder then this would not work.

Great job Eva - I really like what you have done here.

tjedge1 - seeing you everywhere :)

The Metallic interface is great, im never going back.:goodjob:

Also, the storm sounds are awesome.:)

Hi Guys.....
Whew have I been busy.
I am amazed there is still so much interest in the interface and I hope all who have downloaded it have enjoyed the new look and feel.
Just wondering if any have played CIV 4 yet and what you though of it.
I am currently waiting till it is a bit cheaper to obtain a copy and have still been playing CIV 3 on a regular basis using my interfave of course :).
Well I hope all are well and I will ve around for a little while if you have any qustions about the screens.
Regards to all.

Hi...
Just a bump.
Have played Civ 4 ...didn't like it.
Back to my old my old faithful Civ 3.
For all those who feel the same ..try this to freshen up the game.
Happy civing
Eva

:goodjob: Thanks for making this Eva. It fit my sci-fi mod (The Omega Project) Perfectly so I'm including it in the mod. A few people commented how nice the interface looked in the in-game screen shots I posted in the development thread. Good to see you back with civ3 it really is a better game than 4....

Hi ...

Wow ..looks fantastic....
How long till we can download it and play it?
I'm glad you made use of the screens... they took forever to create.
Don't forget to give me a credit in the final build :)
You really have done some amazing work on this and I wish you well with it.
The civ fanatic online community are one of the best most creative around.

Regards

Thanx Eva. Well you know how deadlines and expected completion times never work but I hope to have a beta by April. We'll see if RL is willing to cooperate.....

Nice choice Storm G. Your big 'O' show needs this mod's metal touch. Im pluggin' er in right now to the Balancer ReLoad to see how it fits "the one with the complete future Era" :borg: Oh ya, and thanks Eva!

Be cooler if this layout transformed in 2020 just as the metal gear (mechs) start to roll onto the battle front. Can't be picky though, since it can't be done and I already appreciate everything this one has to offer.

Welcome back Eva..
Yes I tried Civ4 a lot but it lacks that something special for me anyway..
Still love using your interface mod..,, question,,have you ever updated the unit "action buttons" to match the metal look ? ...just wondered.. :)

Top Bottom