Can Civ V load dylib

legojoshua12

Chieftain
So I have been working on DLC modding for multiplayer for a little bit now, and I have known for a long time now that DLL files can not be loaded on mac. However, upon exploring a bit, it seems civ 5 has dylib files on mac. They are even named DLL in the name and match up with the windows dll files themselves in naming. I was wondering if a dll source code could be compiled into a dylib and then be imported on mac. Is this possible and does anyone even know if dylibs can even be added in using modding, or if I am just chasing my tale here.
Screenshot of directory I was looking at:
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 10.20.28 PM.png

As far as I know those files are only there to allow the basic game software to perform some checksums, which the Windows version does. The actual source code in the Windows DLL files is published as part of the Windows SDK and can be modified and recompiled for Windows. But I believe it is merged into the Mac executable, so I don't think you can mod the game at that level. But if you succeed. please let us know :)

@legojoshua12 - were you ever able to figure out anything from that end? I've tried messing around with the SDK in a Bootcamp environment and the source code to see, but no luck so far. I'm sure it's something you'd have to get from Aspyr/the port source code owners to recompile into a .dylib. If only...

Top Bottom