[GS] Canada Livestream Discussion

But more temples = more rock bands seems a bit off, still. Oh well.
There could actually be a certain logic to that, even if unintentional, that @Zaarin was kind of hinting towards. A significant number of singers started singing in church. Elvis, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Katie Perry, Usher, Carrie Underwood, John Legend...

Religious institutions have often been places of cultivating musical talent. Even if they don’t always get to reap what they’ve sown.

Natural Wonders also get labels.

We saw that last week with the Galapagos.

Haven't seen the stream yet, but do we know whether non-wondrous islands will be labelled (perhaps with different names for small - 1-2 - and larger islands. It would be a bit strange to have a 1-tile Ireland or Borneo but a large island named Man or Sangihe)?

Haven's seen this posted yet. It appears to be the smokestack wonder people were speculating about. 58:59 on the live stream video

Attachments

• convert.PNG
    convert.PNG
    80.2 KB · Views: 126
There could actually be a certain logic to that, even if unintentional, that @Zaarin was kind of hinting towards. A significant number of singers started singing in church. Elvis, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Katie Perry, Usher, Carrie Underwood, John Legend...

Religious institutions have often been places of cultivating musical talent. Even if they don’t always get to reap what they’ve sown.
Don't forget how big of an industry contemporary Christian music is. I mean...there's a LOT of those bands.

It occurs to me how upset I'll be if the AI beats me to a Panama Canal in progress. You'll end up with two useless canals in the process.

It will hurt worse when the AI builds the Panama canal to a 1 tile pond. :lol:

The way I interpreted the way power affects yields, the 50% and 150% is the approximate change from the current yield, in Rise and Fall. So if something currently provides 6 science, in GS it will provide 3 when not powered, 9 when powered

I'm a little disappointed Ed said running those actually doesn't do anything for the person who needs aid. Like...what's the point? :undecide:

Maybe I misunderstood, but my interpretation was that the person who needs aid does get gold, but not directly the amount of gold given. It's probably a fixed amount. The rest goes to the charity/NGOs administrative overhead :)

One turn after the stream ended the Maori became amphibious.

They really need to tone down global warming/climate change mechanics. It's way too strong in my opinion. I know they want it strong enough so it isn't meaningless. But here we are in the 21st century, and Florida isn't flooded yet.

Do we know if there's a way to tone this down like you can with natural disasters?

The Syr Darya river I posted earlier is in Kazakhstan.

Surprisingly, this was the best livestream yet. Probably because it only coincidentally featured Canada. :p
I'm a little disappointed Ed said running those actually doesn't do anything for the person who needs aid. Like...what's the point? :undecide:

I think this is a good point. Perhaps each aid project being run grants +1 production towards the affected cities. So, say 2 cities are affected and districts are pillaged; I run 6 cities on the aid project, and Zaarin's cities split that +6 production, and it is up to him to use/misuse :p the resources I give him, and maybe I also generate myself a bit of diplomatic favor for doing it. Just a thought as for what FXS could do to make the Aid project actually more like "aid".

Don't forget how big of an industry contemporary Christian music is. I mean...there's a LOT of those bands.
Not to mention the bands who cross over like Joy Williams (of Civil Wars fame), Switchfoot, Lauren Daigle, and so forth.

Maybe I misunderstood, but my interpretation was that the person who needs aid does get gold, but not directly the amount of gold given. It's probably a fixed amount. The rest goes to the charity/NGOs administrative overhead :)
That wasn't my understanding, but I could have misheard. I hope your explanation is correct, though.

Top Bottom