[GS] Canada Livestream Discussion

They really need to tone down global warming/climate change mechanics. It's way too strong in my opinion. I know they want it strong enough so it isn't meaningless. But here we are in the 21st century, and Florida isn't flooded yet.

Do we know if there's a way to tone this down like you can with natural disasters?
On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand I want to be able to nuke the icecaps and turn the world into a half underwater swamp/desert.

What is "the world's railroad"? Is that a typo or is it an actual thing?
It probably ought to read "world's first railroad."

EDIT: Ninja'd.

I think this is a good point. Perhaps each aid project being run grants +1 production towards the affected cities. So, say 2 cities are affected and districts are pillaged; I run 6 cities on the aid project, and Zaarin's cities split that +6 production, and it is up to him to use/misuse :p the resources I give him, and maybe I also generate myself a bit of diplomatic favor for doing it. Just a thought as for what FXS could do to make the Aid project actually more like "aid".

I think food would be a more appropriate yield. If I'm sending aid to populace being impacted by a drought, you can be sure the form of that aid is going to be food and water. Population is the one thing you can't directly purchase with gold or faith or build with production. But then again food is also the least important yield in the game, so gold or production are probably better from a mechanical point of view.

They really need to tone down global warming/climate change mechanics. It's way too strong in my opinion. I know they want it strong enough so it isn't meaningless. But here we are in the 21st century, and Florida isn't flooded yet.

Do we know if there's a way to tone this down like you can with natural disasters?

In Civ games industrialisation begins far earlier than it did in reality. Even on the lowest difficulties you'll hit it well before the mid-19th Century. It's perfectly reasonable for global warming impacts to manifest much earlier as well.

I think food would be a more appropriate yield. If I'm sending aid to populace being impacted by a drought, you can be sure the form of that aid is going to be food and water. Population is the one thing you can't directly purchase with gold or faith or build with production. But then again food is also the least important yield in the game, so gold or production are probably better from a mechanical point of view.

My guess is all aid goes as gold. That would be the easiest to manage.

upload_2018-12-13_14-25-5.png

Found the double smokestack wonder that people were speculating about

Don't forget how big of an industry contemporary Christian music is. I mean...there's a LOT of those bands.
True... but the larger point I was making is that religious institutions often provide opportunities for people to sing on a regular basis and thus, gain regular practice and the possibility of discovery. How often do most non-religious non-rockstars (common) people sing?

Elvis was very religious and many call him the King of Rock. So there’s your connection.

Even Black Sabbath has a song called After Forever. Check out the lyrics. Of course there's the possibility that they weren't serious with those lyrics, but Geezer was Catholic.

This mechanic doesn't bother me too much. Plus you can get faith from Earth goddess as well. So those hippies will contribute to the music scene.

Can someone summarize/explain the bit about the third agenda? I was only listening by audio and caught bits of it. Something like, when an AI researches nationalism, they pick an agenda tailored to harming the leading player (was that my wishful thinking/projection?)? And then are those third agendas a separate category of unique agendas?

Can someone summarize/explain the bit about the third agenda? I was only listening by audio and caught bits of it. Something like, when an AI researches nationalism, they pick an agenda tailored to harming the leading player (was that my wishful thinking/projection?)? And then are those third agendas a separate category of unique agendas?
Despite Ed's using the word "choose," I was under the impression it was assigned randomly just like the original Hidden Agenda, perhaps with some weighting involved.

Top Bottom