Che Guevara leaderhead + Latin America (fantasy civ)

This is a fantasy city that join all Latin America as a one city, I hope make the same if Europe in the future.

Fantasy Civilization: Mercosur
Bonuses: Industrious and Agricultural (Religious)
Title and leader: Comandante Che Guevara
Best/shunned government: Democracy and Facism (Monarchy)
Agression: 02 (low)
Cultural group: American
Noun: Latins
Adjective: Latin
Colors: Dark Red (Catharge) and Dark Yellow (Mongols)
UU: Cascavel
Civilopedia entry: RACE_LATINS

Cities:
São Paulo
Ciudad de Mexico
Buenos Aires
Rio de Janeiro
San Tiago
Caracas
Bogotá
Brasília
Montevidéu
Assunción
Havana
Lima
Quito
La Paz
Ciudad de Guatemala
Porto Principe
San José
Ciudad de Panamá
Belo Horizonte
Salvador
Guadalajara
Salta
Valparaiso
Maracay
Villarrica
Porto Alegre
Curitiba
Rosario
Concepcion
Peurto Cabello
Ciudad del Este
Fortaleza
Recife
Monterrey
Puebla
León
Mérida
Córdoba
Puerto Montt
Valência
Encarnación
Campinas
Belém
Monterrey
Mendoza
Antofagasta
Coro
Concepción
Manaus
Goiânia
Monterrey
Puebla
Paraná
Coquimbo
Puerto La Cruz
Cnel. Oviedo
Santos
Guarulhos
São José dos Campos
São Bernardo do Campo
Sucre
Macho Pichu
Paramarimbo
León
Mérida

Military leaders:
Duque de Caxias
José de San Martín
Simon Bolivar
Solano López
Fidel Castro

Scientific ones:
Dom Pedro II
Juan Perón
Pedro Aguierre
Santos Dummond
Augusto Bastos

Civilopedia:
anyone who wanna type this one?

cascavel, the UU:
Cascavel is the best tank ever build in Latin America, it was done by Brazil and was used by Iraq in the 1st Gulf War, the biggest concern of the American army. Ir replaces Tank and has one extra moviment per turn.

I would LOVE a leader head of Che :D

If "San Tiago" is the capital of Chile, it spells "Santiago", its all one word. Very good idea Civarmy.

If Che is the LH, oughtn't the favoured gov't be Communism?

Some cities from the top of my head:

Cuzco
Guayaquil
Monterrey
Acapulco
Veracruz
Tijuana
Bluefields
Santiago de Cuba
Bahia
Sucre
Punta Arenas
Tacna
Manaus

The Last Conformist said:
If Che is the LH, oughtn't the favoured gov't be Communism?

Some cities from the top of my head:

Cuzco
Guayaquil
Monterrey
Acapulco
Veracruz
Tijuana
Bluefields
Santiago de Cuba
Bahia
Sucre
Punta Arenas
Tacna
Manaus

Actily I know the city names, but not how to ordered them: I must now the PNB of th cities of "Spanish" Latin America, about the Brazilian ones I know.

It’s funny when people write about Che Guevara. At the beginning he was very enthusiastic about the communist concept. Che, however, became pretty resentful of most other communist nations for being corrupt. (USSR) He even, after several blows in the economy and conflictions with Crasto, left the country for a duration between six months and a year. I forgot how long his unexplained absence was. I really don’t know if Che believed in communism when he died..

Why don't you name the civilization as the United States of Latin America which would have formed if it wasn't for a single vote. Simon Bolivar would have been the first leader because it was his dream and his idea, plus I believe he would've became the leader anyhow.

How does this relate to Che? Well let's say if the USLA was ever established, Che Guevara could've become the president in the 1950's. You may also say that he could've set up a communist government because of the USSR's existence at the time.

So Comrade Che Guevara of the United States of Latin America (Estados Unidos de Latina America). One catch is.. Brazil wouldn't have been a part of the USLA. The USLA was supposed to be Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Trinidad & Tabago, and several other islands. It could've soon aquired Bolivia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay.. maybe Mexico as well. Brazil would've remained independent although Spanish-speaking areas in Brazil would've probably joined the USLA after breaking away from Brazil.

What do you think CivArmy?

I like the civ name Mobilize, maybe I can do a poll to choice. Another name could be Mercosul (aka Mercosur in Spanish), since this economic block is growing up.
Che has dreamed to turn all the continent in a single country, for this reason he was choice as great leader, but Simon Bolivar could be a good too, since Bolivar has his own civ, Gue won this civ. I don't remember if he would like to include Brazil and others non-native Spanish users countries in his country. Suriname, Guiana and Jamaica are exemple of Latins that do not speak Spanish, there is French Guiana too that is colony until today!!!

I can't open a poll in this treat right now, so, we can do the poll using the votes of the posts. The questions is:
What name this civ must be?

a) Latin America
b) United States of Latin America
c) Mercosul
d) Other: what?

I vote in Mercosul.

Yes I know of the other Latin countries.. a lot of them don't speak Spanish but Spanish would be the uniting factor of the countries into the USLA. When you unite several countries into one you want to have a common language, that's exactly why the USA formed so quickly and without much internal problems because they all spoke English. I think this should be a more of an Alternative History civilization which was formed by Simon Bolivar and headed by other well-known Latinos, but supposively the greatest leader was Che Guevara supposively in the 1950s-now (kind of like Fidel Castro).

What is Mercosur/Murcosul?

EDIT: Oh yes I know of Mercosur.. an economic treaty. Yeah that'd be a good idea. Perhaps getting some more information about them would be good. I'll go do that.

Here's a short yet good summary of the history of Mercosur.

The Mercosur was created by Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay in March 1991 with the signing of the Treaty of Asuncion. It originally was set up with the ambitious goal of creating a common market/customs union between the participating countries on the basis of various forms of economic co-operation that had been taking place between Argentina and Brazil since 1986. The Treaty of Ouro Preto of 1994 added much to the institutional structure of Mercosur and initiated a new phase in the relationship between the countries, when they decided to start to implement/realize a common market. A transition phase was set to begin in 1995 and to last until 2006 with a view to constituting the common market.

In 1996, association agreements were signed with Chile and Bolivia establishing free trade areas with these countries on the basis of a "4 + 1" formula. During this period, Mercosur also created a common mechanism for political consultations, which was formalized in 1998, in which the four countries plus Bolivia and Chile all participate as full members of the so-called "Political Mercosur".

In 2003, several important events contributed to Mercosur strengthening. The newly elected presidents of Argentina and Brazil, Presidents Kichner and Lula da Silva have put Mercosur at the top of the political agenda. Among several initiatives one can underline the appointment of Mr Duhalde, Argentina’s ex-President, as the President of the newly established Committee of Permanent Representatives of the Mercosur. A Dispute Settlement Court has also been created with a view to strengthen Mercosur Institutionalisation.

Rita Poon said:
If you're going to suggest a modern group led by Che, I'd sugget the Sao Paulo forum.

Is that forum that one the join the 22 biggest 3rd World Countries around the World??? The leaders are Brazil, India and China, I guess, mayeb Companheiro Lula could be a good leader to this "civ". It is a good civ, but let's do Mercosul to be leded by Che.

Hes great! You are getting better and better every leaderhead I see.

Top Bottom