Civ: The Venezuelans (brianstorm, help wanted)

These are the data of the race Venezuela, represent of the old New Granada colony. Download this civ going to http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=1891708#post1891708

Civ Name: The Venezuelans.
Bonuses: Militaristic and Religious.
Title and Leader Name: General Simon Bolivar
Favorite and Shunned Government: Communism and Monarchy.
Aggression Level: 2 (low)
Culture Group: American.
Noun: Venezuelans
Adjective: Venezuelan
Default and Alternative colors: Yellow (the same of the Mongols) and red (the same of the Catharge)
Unique Unit: Campaña Admirable (replace Cavalry)
Civilopedia entry: RACE_VENEZUELA

Cities list:
Caracas
Maracay
Peurto Cabello
Valência
Coro
Puerto La Cruz
Cumaná
Amuay
Maracaibo
Port-of-Spain
La Asunción
Carúpano
Barcelona
St. Georges
Willemstad
San Felipe
Ciudad Bolivar
Barquisimeto
San Fernando de Apure
Ciudad Guayana
Puerto Ayacucho
Puerto Carreño
Cantel
El Tigre
Tucupita
Valera
Barinas
Coatepeque
La Majada
Zunil
Arauca
San Cristóbal
Boca Mavaca
Nuevo Toledo

Military leaders:
Jose Antonio Paez
Admiral Padilla
Francisco de Miranda
Guaicaipuro
Marcos Perez Jimenez

Scientific Leaders:
Juan Vicente Gómez
Simon Rodriguez
Andres Bello

Civilopedia topics:

The first Spanish settlement in American continent was established in present Venezuela, when Nuevo Toledo was founded in 1522. The new lands did not have silver or gold, so, this part of colony resumed to produce cocoa, sugar, cotton, coffee and tobacco, being not much conquest until the XVIII century. The main native tribes, presents until today, are the Caribbean, Arawaks and Yanomamis. The country won its name, because the explorer Christopher Coumbus felt the canals and rivers from the new lands were similar of the Venice (in Italy) ones, so the land won the name "Little Vanice" or "Venezuela".
The country won its political independence from Spain in 1819, when Simon Bolivar and other great names fought for freedom, after several unsuccessful uprisings. The fell down of the king Fernando VII after war against Napoleon helped in this process. In the beginning it was part of República del Grande Colombia, in 1830 Venezuela turns the country that it is today. Other important historical facts are the civil war between 1859-63, the dictatorship of Caudillo Juan Vicente Gómez (1908-35) and another military one of General Marcos Perez Jimenez (1950-58).
Simon Bolivar is considerate the great leader of the Venezuelan civilization. He is born in 1783, in a rich family of Caracas and became "Bolivar El Libertador". Bolivar lived in the European courts and after tried unsuccessful liberty your country he moved in Catargena where wrote the “Manifesto”. In 1813 he tried free his country again, this time he was defeat by the cruel Boves. In 1814 he join in present Colombia forces (New Granada) and other ones across the years, helping the freedom process in present Venezuela, Bolivia, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. In 1819 this process was finished and Bolivar turn the first president of the new republic.
Today Venezuela has as president Hugo Chaves, politician with communist ideas and anti Imperialist, its economy is based in petroleum exploration since the end of the World War I, the IDH of this country is one of the best in its continent and the majority population live in the north of Orinoco river, one of the biggest basin of Latin America.

Unique Unit:
The unique mounted unit “Campaña Admirable” replace Cavalry, its power is 7.3.3, instead 6.3.3 of standard Cavalry.

I do....someone needs to make a South American scenerio me thinks

I like all the stuff you've done in the past Civarmy. Your the most underappreciated( ;) ) person here in the civfanatics forums in my opinion. Look at all the effort you've put into your creations for example... :goodjob:

Thanks fellows!!! :D Thanks you very much!!! :D
I hope do the American Continent Mod using all my creations from South America and others from the currently game, maybe more creations from other creators from CFC. I start the scenario when I finish some units, some leaders and my Scenario "The Last March of the Neanderthals". The American Continent Mod will be a good mod, I hope.
Sword, if you want use any creation mine, feel free, I always will be glad to give you the arts :D

Thanks guys! I hope u continue enjoying my leaders, units and other creatons.

CivArmy

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
By the way Civarmy...have you seen R8XFT's Tupi leaderhead...any opinions?

Is it different than the one you are planning to make?

I saw his Tupi leader, it is cool :goodjob:
I made my Cacique Cunhambebe 3d, animated, era specifc, use the link of my signature to check some images and download it, it is available to download.
The guy who has to put on line The Brazilians did not do that yet :cry: , I have to talk with him. The civ is ready, just waiting for him to put it on line.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
You could upload it seperately unto the Civfanatics Graphics Board(Where the leaderheads and terrain modpacks go)

Just a thought...

Good idea, I'll put a link there right now.
Did u download the civ? Did u like that?

Who says nobody likes this Civ? I'm amazed anybody is doing it, but I still love it... after all, this is where my family's from. But anyway, I think that South America is seriously lacking in civilizations, and Venezuela is a good one to have. Aside from being the fourth most important economy in the world in the 70's (Don't believe me, look it up!), it was also one of the first colonies in South America. Good choice!

As for native tribes from Venezuela, the Arawak and Carib tribes lived in the north. In the South (in the Amazon), the Yanomami are the main tribe. They live today like they lived hundreds of years ago.

It is also interesting to note that Venezuela got its name because when Christopher Columbus traveled to Venezuela he felt that it looked a lot like Venice because of its many canals and rivers, and thus named it "Little Venice" or "Venezuela."

Finally I found a Venezuelan that play Civilization!!! Leon is just half Venezuelan, not entire, but it is a begin :D
Leon, thanks about the new informations, I'll add them in Civilopedia, that is under construction! I said nobody like this civ because I post the firts post in May 03 and the topic had post from other users just in June 02. But I saw that people are loving this civ, like me, in the Brazilian Civilization site are many people loving this civ also.
Leon, maybe u can help me: I must choice the UU of the powerful Venezuelans, I read about a mounted corporation leadered by Boves, that I called Ejército Bovecista. But I don't know its real name or if it is a good choice as UU. What do u suggest as the Venezuelan UU?

Do not forget to check other Civis from Latin America done by myself, use the link of my signature.

Regards from Brazil!!!

CivArmy

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
This leaderhead is great Civarmy! You're getting better! Hmmmm

Are you still making the Argentine Civ?

Sword, check http://www.civ3.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58231&sid=a6583247500ba866bc4c4e28568c6b3b#58231 , it is a advertasing of your mod in Portuguese :lol: I did that in the Brazilian Civ site, I hope u enjoy and more Brazilians come to appreciate Far Horizons.
The Argentine is ready, but the newest version was not uploaded yet, the same case of the Brazilian (the guy who deserve upload the files is missing!!!). I'll put myself th files tomorrow morning in CFC, so u can download the newest version. The images are in http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=87319 , the files will be there tomorrow. I PM you when I did that.

Thankyou for the advertisement!

I have a question about the Tucano however...It doesn't look as advanced as the Jet fighter, so I put it under Advanced Flight(And therefore before Rocketry, the required tech for Jet Fighters). Is this setup correct?

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Thankyou for the advertisement!

I have a question about the Tucano however...It doesn't look as advanced as the Jet fighter, so I put it under Advanced Flight(And therefore before Rocketry, the required tech for Jet Fighters). Is this setup correct?

Embraer Tucano was built in the 80' and is the best airplane that uses helix ever built, in spite of this kind of aircraft was abandoned by the biggest military potences. It replaces Fighter (the first plane), not Jet Fighter, it's power is move twice per per turn, instead 01, but u can choice its power in Far Horizon. It's old power was cost 60 shields instead 80, but its trait was given to Pucará, the Argentinian aircraft that I'll do.

Top Bottom