Chronicles of Mankind

@<Nexus> Apologies, should have been more clear.
I mean between two land masses separated by a body of water, although, interestingly enough, I haven't been able to build tunnels on land like your pic either.
According to the 'pedia, a modern work boat can build a tunnel with concrete, steel ( or durasteel) and seismology ( I think that's the tech). This implies that a MWB can build a tunnel between two land masses.
Additionally, this also implies that once the relevant techs and resources are had, mag lines and jump lanes can be built between land masses. Am I wrong in this interpretation of what's stated in the 'pedia and unit description?

is there a way btw to raze a city you own? I tried ctrl + A inside a city but it said I had to be in cheat mode to do it

is there a way btw to raze a city you own? I tried ctrl + A inside a city but it said I had to be in cheat mode to do it
Yes, you have to edit the .ini file for that and change Cheat from 0 to CHIPOTLE.
The other option is world builder.

@<Nexus> Apologies, should have been more clear.
I mean between two land masses separated by a body of water, although, interestingly enough, I haven't been able to build tunnels on land like your pic either.
According to the 'pedia, a modern work boat can build a tunnel with concrete, steel ( or durasteel) and seismology ( I think that's the tech). This implies that a MWB can build a tunnel between two land masses.
Additionally, this also implies that once the relevant techs and resources are had, mag lines and jump lanes can be built between land masses. Am I wrong in this interpretation of what's stated in the 'pedia and unit description?
It works for me the same way as Tunnels.

You can build it when connected to road network:
1682405250815.png

...and not if you aren't connected:
1682405312127.png

Works on ocean tiles as well:
1682405479602.png

Are you sure it isn't only AND2 where you cannot do this? IIRC this option was removed from AND2 but I added back to CoM at some point.

Appreciate you double checking.
Interesting. I don't get the options you do from your pic, despite having the relevant tech and rezzies.
I'll re-DL and apply the patch. Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever applied the patch. I'll try again on next days off.
Thanks for your help.

Patch instructions please. I want to make sure I don't oopsy LOL

OK, on this one, I've played around with WB a lot for a water based map that I wanted to experiment with. The current tunnels on the map I've had to add with WB.
IIRC, MWB states that I can build tunnels. Steel, Concrete, and seismology are the reqs. If I'm incorrect on that, please let me know.

Attachments

• COM- USA.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Yupppers, lol, stated that on my previous post.
Building a tunnel for the MWB requires concrete, steel ( or durasteel), and seismology.
My issue was that I couldn't build a tunnel with a MWB even though I had the required reqs.
Additionally, while using a constructor ship, I still couldn't build a tunnel.
Oh, and even more fun, jump lanes disappeared while trying to connect 2 land masses.

I'm going to reinstall and add your patch to see what happens.

and even more fun, jump lanes disappeared while trying to connect 2 land masses.
All of them everywhere on the map? Or just some?
In the first case I can imagine a corrupt XML file, where the game doesn't see jump lane entry and removes all unknown data from the map.

All of them everywhere on the map? Or just some?
In the first case I can imagine a corrupt XML file, where the game doesn't see jump lane entry and removes all unknown data from the map.
I'm going to agree with you on that :D. Deleted old, and reinstalled new rev w/patch.
Had to toss my old saves, as they weren't compatible with the new rev.
Started a new game, will let you know later how it goes. Probably be a bit, as I'm trying the GEM map.

Got enough gold?
Easily, lol. If you cascade your gold buildings just right, toss in a couple of cash cow wonders, it's ridiculously easy to bank gold by the mid to late REN era. Even on EMP difficulty. IND era can get a bit sticky, depending on how big your empire is, but I just run a couple of gold cities until everything evens out. MOD era and above, It's just banking gold and paying for upgrades.
Appreciate your idea towards my problem though, ty.

IND era can get a bit sticky, depending on how big your empire is, but I just run a couple of gold cities until everything evens out.
So what's your experience? Are bigger empires harder to manage financially?

Any ideas to make the mod more balanced?

So what's your experience? Are bigger empires harder to manage financially?

I'll give some thoughts when I get home from work tonight. Slept in a bit later than I intended :O

Increase civic maintenance per pop, so that it can't be reduced. Use more happiness/culture slider at a lower cost (1 per 5/10%), AIs often turn it partially on. Most pressing matters are trait buildings I already mentioned - Architect and Barn (stacked with Grange and Granary). Consider some of building tweaks from my modmod.

Increase civic maintenance per pop, so that it can't be reduced. Use more happiness/culture slider at a lower cost (1 per 5/10%), AIs often turn it partially on. Most pressing matters are trait buildings I already mentioned - Architect and Barn (stacked with Grange and Granary). Consider some of building tweaks from my modmod.
What map size do you play?

Top Bottom