Chronicles of Mankind

how do you think add this?

if doing right passage and open border,

than get tech bouns,

it will be more great realistic

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Hi, I'm loving this mod. I'm playing a snail game, monarch. I rock up to the Ottoman shores and see they have a insane amount of troops. Just in that one stack they have 191 grenadiers and 98 cannons. They have at least 200 more grenadiers elsewhere, as well as a lot of those elephant cannons.

Is this normal for this mod? I've never seen the AI make armies this big. I saved scummed the battle against them and even though I have about 60 infantry and some artillary they still beat me easily.

He only has like 8 cities, the map is standard size with high sea level. How can he even afford that army? cos he's not even that far behind on tech. Where is his research coming from? is he just bulbing great people?

How can he even afford that army? cos he's not even that far behind on tech. Where is his research coming from?
45% training discount, 30% unit maintenance discount, 50% city maintenance discount, 60% population growth discount, 20% research discount. +2% for each era. Also tech diffusion from contacted civs. Also afaik AIs lost their capability of shipping troops, so naturally they won't be expended when you are on an island.

45% training discount, 30% unit maintenance discount, 50% city maintenance discount, 60% population growth discount, 20% research discount. +2% for each era. Also tech diffusion from contacted civs. Also afaik AIs lost their capability of shipping troops, so naturally they won't be expended when you are on an island.
Not sure if I'm reading this part correctly, but the AI is capable of performing amphib ops. My last game, I got hit on 2 different locations on my continent by large stacks coming from an AI i was at war with.

Not sure if I'm reading this part correctly, but the AI is capable of performing amphib ops. My last game, I got hit on 2 different locations on my continent by large stacks coming from an AI i was at war with.
Do you have Ruthless AI on? I waited 250 turns on autoplay after getting to Renaissanse and not a single civ crossed a 3-4 tile gulf between 2 Pangeas, my own AI couldn't even supply garrison grom mainland to a city conquered by copters.

Yeah I’ve played a few long games now and never once since the ai invade across sea with troops

Nope. It's been my experience that both AGG & Ruthless AI somehow hurt the AI in it's war decisions. I'm not sure why.
When I get a chance, I'll SS my settings. IIRC, there's a few other "Huh" issues that I've mentioned in previous threads. Nothing game breaking, but definitely puzzling.

CoM Settings.JPG

In addition to this, I also have quite a few tweaks in the BUG menu settings. IIRC, I have specific tweaks to the AI, as well as other fun stuff. I recommend taking some time and checking out the various menu's, and the potential adjustmens that are possible. Most areas are a hover and explanation of what each settings do.

Nope. It's been my experience that both AGG & Ruthless AI somehow hurt the AI in it's war decisions. I'm not sure why.
Well, there's the culprit, then. I just didn't get to play enough complete games to figure it out, since I'm not a singleplayer guy.

Well, there's the culprit, then. I just didn't get to play enough complete games to figure it out, since I'm not a singleplayer guy.
No clue on MP issues. The only time I do MP is when I and the boys have enough time to make a game.

Hi to all,

I do have 2 questions on this Mod.
I see in assets\python the folder pyWB. But when I open worldbuilder it is only the original one. How do I access the Platy WB ?
isit not possilble to change civis during play with ctrl+shift+L?

Thanks for any help

Hi,

no one ?
Is someone still workingon this mod ?
Is there an SVN ?

Last edited:
Hi to all,

I do have 2 questions on this Mod.
I see in assets\python the folder pyWB. But when I open worldbuilder it is only the original one. How do I access the Platy WB ?
isit not possilble to change civis during play with ctrl+shift+L?

Thanks for any help
1) I dl'd Platy WB from here. I think those assets are companion files to be used in conjunction with Platy's (I could be totally wrong about this). I know when I access WB in game, It's Platy's version that comes up.
2) IIRC, you have to have "chipotle" in your config for that to work. I have it active in mine, and never had a problem.

Hi,

no one ?
Is someonesill workingon this mod ?
Is there an SVN ?
<Nexus> peeks in from time to time, and occasionally tosses us a patch or minor update when he's feeling generous :mischief: :lol:, or even answer a question!
Can't answer the question about an SVN, as I never use them, and lol, don't even bother to pay attention if there is one.

1) I dl'd Platy WB from here. I think those assets are companion files to be used in conjunction with Platy's (I could be totally wrong about this). I know when I access WB in game, It's Platy's version that comes up.
2) IIRC, you have to have "chipotle" in your config for that to work. I have it active in mine, and never had a problem.
Hi,

you do have platy`s WB Version coming up ? I see only normal WB - funny.

<Nexus> peeks in from time to time, and occasionally tosses us a patch or minor update when he's feeling generous :mischief: :lol:, or even answer a question!
Can't answer the question about an SVN, as I never use them, and lol, don't even bother to pay attention if there is one.
I'm still here and it isn't so much about being generous ;) but lack of free time and/or motivation :sad:
Actually I took a break from Civ4 altogether but I'm planning to return and finish the last update I started ASAP.

No, no SVN, nor GitHub.

I'm still here and it isn't so much about being generous ;) but lack of free time and/or motivation :sad:
Actually I took a break from Civ4 altogether but I'm planning to return and finish the last update I started ASAP.

No, no SVN, nor GitHub.
Thanks, so one remaining question is:

is Platys WB included ? and if yes, how do I access ?

My mod is a modmodmodmod, so I don't know how those files got there I have never ever heard about it being part of any previous iterations of the mod. So I'm 99% sure it isn't.

Last edited:

Platys WB is a separate DL in the DL section of this site. Just go to the Civ IV DL section, and run a search. Platy ( and others) also have some other fun stuff to take a look at. IIRC, I think what I did was dl Platy's WB, then activated "chipotle" in the config file. You can find a list of commands for using the Tild (`) key somewhere around here on the Civ IV forums. The only one I ever use is the game.toggledebugmode, as that one brings up Platy's after hitting CTL-W.
Keep in mind, after your done editing your map, you'll need to hit the Tild key again, type in the game.toggledebugmode again, and then hit Tild again to close it so that you can continue your normal game.
Additionally, you can use Platy's WB by itself in order to create custom maps.

Top Bottom