Chronicles of Mankind

My mod is a modmodmosmod, so I don't know how those files got there I have never ever heard about it being part of any previous iterations of the mod. So I'm 99% sure it isn't.
Platy's is a separate DL, just like Blue Marble.
IIRC, ROM AND, ROM AND 2, and several other biggy mods started using assets when Platy created some of his fun toys. Similar situation when Blue Marble came out. I think the main take away was Platy using mostly python for all of his creations.
Lol, it's been a day or two since all this happened, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details.

Lol, it's been a day or two since all this happened, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details.
Haha! Even this thread is 4 years old :lol:
And so is CoM :king:

Hi. Just started playing this mod and I have a few questions:

Why does "Herd Animals" have a 0% per chance sometimes? I can't figure the pattern/rules here.

Why does "Claim Territory" work on a tile but then I lose it again the next turn?

Is there an option to disable the dynamic difficulty? During my first game I soon realized it was already too easy for me and I restarted with a higher difficulty but it didnt take long for the game to decrease the difficulty for my empire. I rather not have it do that, even when I'm behind.

Is there a Discord (channel) for this mod or Subreddit or even IRC or something that's more convenient than this huge thread?

Why does "Herd Animals" have a 0% per chance sometimes? I can't figure the pattern/rules here.
If the unit cannot be settled for some reason - e.g. there is an undiscovered resource on the plot - than the chance is 0%.

Why does "Claim Territory" work on a tile but then I lose it again the next turn?
Since your culture is not present there you loose the tile if you don't keep a unit on it.

Is there an option to disable the dynamic difficulty? During my first game I soon realized it was already too easy for me and I restarted with a higher difficulty but it didnt take long for the game to decrease the difficulty for my empire. I rather not have it do that, even when I'm behind.
You know that you can change dynamic difficulty in BUG options any time, do you?

Is there a Discord (channel) for this mod or Subreddit or even IRC or something that's more convenient than this huge thread?
Nope.

Is there a Discord (channel) for this mod or Subreddit
There is a (not very active lately) Reddit-originated Civ4 general server with a modded section, AND developer 47* is there. Second from top in my signature.

Why?
(Curious)
Fanbase is too small, not much to discuss anyway since modmod is somewhat mature, yet not multiplayable and AI sucks as usual. I don't think CoM has what it takes to be a popular sandbox and forum is already good enough for an excercise in design. AND general might work, though.

Fanbase is too small, not much to discuss anyway since modmod is somewhat mature, yet not multiplayable and AI sucks as usual. I don't think CoM has what it takes to be a popular sandbox and forum is already good enough for an excercise in design. AND general might work, though.
All the above are true :yup:

Worst case scenario I wasted half an hour of my precious time :D

I haven't played Civ4 for almost a decade and never really found a somewhat playable mod back then. This one seemed so polished and well-balanced but I haven't even made it out of the Medieval Era yet and thought I needed a restart again with higher difficulty to make the AI more competitive.
But from what you say it sounds like it's not really possible to get a challenging game going?

This one seemed so polished and well-balanced
Well, that would be an overstatement 😅 but I try to pay attention to details; when I add something I aim to make it useful; not adding new things before the previously added ones are in there place. But I'm also not working for perfect balance rather immersion. And honestly, I don't really care about multiplayer because I never do that and I also leck the skills in that part of modding.

I'm also open to any suggestion and idea 🙂

But from what you say it sounds like it's not really possible to get a challenging game going?
It depends. On higher difficulties you CAN fall behind in tech and units, but it's not hard to grind stronger stack with siege machines. You also shouldn't enable Agressive AI and Ruthless AI, because it at least completely breaks naval invasions, possible more. And you will have to deny yourself cheesy mechanics like slave-unit hurrying, since AI has no code for those.
I haven't played Civ4 for almost a decade and never really found a somewhat playable mod back then.
History Rewritten is way more polished, if simpler. Final Frontier Plus is cool and stable too. Ashes of Erebus is still in development on the base of Fall from Heaven 2 fantasy mod. Colonization: We the People is... profound, maybe overwhelmingly so, but it's also still in development and popular. AI sucks everywhere, though - it was designed to roleplay originally =D

For the sake of challenge I have introduced difficulty scaling with empire size: The bigger your empire gets, the bigger penalties it gets.
In my current game I have around 100 cities, while the second is around 20-25. I wouldn't say there is a Real threat but I cannot steam roll the whole world.
...but I always start the game in lower difficulty.

You also shouldn't enable Agressive AI and Ruthless AI
Hmmm... Maybe I should hide and disable them? 🤔

Just an observation, but peeps are aware that you can tweak AI behavior in the BUG options menu, right?

Top Bottom