Chronicles of the Iroqi War

Our warrior Xerxes has perished under a hail of Iroqi arrows.

Our immortals move south and west, on the verge of pillaging a village even as they force an Iroqi warrior to retreat before them.

The Fortunes of War do not seem to have favored us this past round. :( :
Battlelog-
I haven't done one before so tell me if i have missed something

Mounted Warrior WC squad2 attacks Immortal Rafsanjani
Rafsanjani killed, WC squad2 loses 2 HP

Mounted Warrior WC squad4 attacks Immortal Dareios
Dareios killed, WC squad4 loses 0 HP

Reg. Warrior attacks Warrior Goliath
Goliath killed, Reg. Warrior loses 2 HP and promoted to Vet.

Hope that is all ok
Robi D

PS. Thanks for popping by for a coffee donsig, please come again.

So, the Iroqi were very lucky and now have a Golden Age. Here is the situation midway through turn 64. Our immortal near the western mountain in the jungle has just killed off a barbian. No damage taken but no promotion either. Two of our workers have moved onto a gem tile. The immortal near them has not moved. The three immortals in the forest south of the oasis have not moved and as far as I can tell have been undetected by the Iroqi though they should be aware that there is one immortal in that vicinity. The immortal near the Iroqi warrior in the hills have not moved either.

Cyrus continues to chase after the Iroqi warrior in the mountains. Our stack of three withdrew to the oasis. Will head into the jungle next turn. Here's what it looks like:

lurker's comment: Golden Age ?
Why do you think you'll get a Golden Age this way? If I was playing this as the Iroquois and I was trapped; I'd disband my unit to prevent my enemy to get his Golden Age.

Now that you've had a setback in the war; what are your plans ??

I called for a singular stack to go south all the way, but I was not listened to.
Not that it matters, I do not have the time to play much anymore.

But do not fret, rethink your strategies hard, and you will win.

Rik Meleet said:
lurker's comment: Golden Age ?
Why do you think you'll get a Golden Age this way? If I was playing this as the Iroquois and I was trapped; I'd disband my unit to prevent my enemy to get his Golden Age.

Now that you've had a setback in the war; what are your plans ??

I hadn't thought of that. Can they disband a unit after it has moved? I was thinking that if the warriors keep running, sooner or later one will run into (i.e., move next to) an immortal it didn't realize was there. Then we attack. Of course if they can move and then disband we'll just have to do something else, won't we?

donsig said:
I hadn't thought of that. Can they disband a unit after it has moved? I was thinking that if the warriors keep running, sooner or later one will run into (i.e., move next to) an immortal it didn't realize was there. Then we attack. Of course if they can move and then disband we'll just have to do something else, won't we?
They could also simply disband the warrior before moving it.

Rik Meleet said:
Donsig: a warrior has 1 movement. Disbanding is only possible for units which still have movement points left. So it cannot disband after moving. (nor move after disbanding :lol: )

Well, that's what I thought. So, it is possible that one of their warriors will meet one of our immortals by accident thus giving us a chance to start our Golden Age.

In fact, we'll see what happens next turn. This pic shows that the two hp Iroqi warrior is trapped - though he does not know it yet because the Iroqi do not know the exact whereabouts of our veteran immortal two tiles to the west. Unless they guess that immortal is there we will have our Golden Age next turn (if we want it).

An un-named vet immortal took down a conscript Iroqi warrior in the jungle. The rest of our immortals fan out in an effort to chase the Iroqi warrior/scouts from the hills and mountains while protecting the jungle approaches to our military road.

Our military advisor warns us that there are Parthian tribes near Fort Incendiary!

Here's the tactical situation:

We are now in control of Lookout Mountain and we spotted two squadrons of Iroqi mounted warriors. Our two immortals on the edge of the jungle fortified. They are within range of the mounted warriors. Out immortal on Lookout mountain and another (regular) immortal are also in range of nearby Iroqi forces. The chances the Iroqi would win the various individual battles are as follows:

Regular warrior attacks regular immortal in forest: 16%
Regular mounted warrior attacks fortified vet immortal in jungle: 34%
Regular warrior attacks vet immortal on mountain: 2%
Regular mounted warrior attacks vet immortal on mountain: 18%

Odds are all our units will survive unless both Iroqi mounted warriors attack one of our immortals in the jungle. If that happens our other jungle immortal will have a chance to take out a mounted warrior.

The Iroqi did not attack. Their warrior fortified next to Lookout Mountain. The mounted warriors are not fortified so I think they make a recon north and saw our fortified immortals in the jungle:

EDIT: After taking this screenshot I decided to move the fortified immortal on Lookout Mountain one tile to the SW (another mountain) in order to see more territory. No new Iroqi units were spotted. Sorry for not taking another screenie.

Just some maneuvering. The Iroqi warrior and two mounted warriors remained in place. Here's the current tactical map:

Battlelog for Turn 72.

Members of our WC squad came accross your Immortal Shahansha Provolution (hope i got the spelling right, you could pick easier names ;-))

Immo SP (4/4) vs MW WCsq1(3/3) - SP loses 1HP, WC1 loses 2HP and withdraws
Immo SP (3/4) vs MW WCsq3(3/3) - SP killed, WC3 loses 0HP

We brought the doughnuts as requested, hope you enjoyed them.

Not good news.

Our Great Shahanshah Provolution has perished while patrolling the southern reaches of the jungle. A moment of silence, please. :hatsoff:

Sorry Provo. The timing was good though since this fits well with the message I sent to the Iroqi. We will name a city after you and another immortal will be christened Provolution II.

Crown Prince Strider moved back towards our military road. Cyrus and Cambyses also moved back and found two more squads of mounted warriors on Lookout Mountain. I fear Cambyses, a regular immortal on a hill, is in a vulnerable position. :(

Here's a map of the tactical situation. The purple *W*s are the locations of Iroqi mounted warriors - the very ones that ambushed Shahanshah Provolution.

EDIT: It's too late. The purple *W*s should each be one tile east! Sorry.

We have an immortal back on the jungle mountain near the gems. No Iroqi in sight but there's a barb camp to the east.

Cyrus and Cambyses moved out of reach of the three Iroqi mounted warriors and are now next to an Iroqi warrior and another mounted warrior squad. The road through the jungle is almost complete.

Our road through the jungle will be complete in two turns. Here's the current tactical situation:

Battlelog for Turn 76
We grew tired over your so called immortals soiling our mountains with their presence so the following occured

Immortal Cyrus(4/4) vs Mounted Warrior WC squad2(3/3), Cyrus killed, WC2 loses 1HP and get promoted
Immo Cambyses(3/3) vs MW WC squad4(3/3), Cambyses killed, WC4 loses 1HP

I believe that makes us 6-1 my good friend :)

Quite lucky if you ask me.

Top Bottom