[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

Certainly..;)....make sure you take care of yourself :)

Your SGOTM takes precedence, so we can stop/start this any time....it's all just for fun, and we've been having fun with it

I fell off the radar too. Can be about tonight.

Think i should take some turns again, looking currently.
Switched into Slavery + OR already for better overview, like Gumbo wrote we could take 70g from Genghis or try adjusting cities a bit more for 1 turn Astro. Taking his gold..def. more comfy ;)

Uploading with Civic switch so you can look too later, includes some smaller stuff done already but not everything.

Yup taking his gold for paper.

Hmm Thess we need 3 pop whip for overflow, annoying doing that during GA now thou.
Will prepare budd missio and wait 1 turn with that whip, to create some more overflow later (7/40) we can use one anyways. Strong initial food here so i think it's best doing Uni with whips.

Will take farm in Hastings after GA.

ToA at Cathy, would we walk all the way there with our merchant? hmm..
Galleon could pick her up somewhere in Isa's land after delivering settler + units?

Looks like we cannot afford starting another settler this turn, only at 143 / 139 gold for 1t Astro :)
Unless we delay Nottingham Jumbo, i need to look at units for our galleons a bit more.

Okay we can see that later, moving merchant 2NE for now.

Warwick galleon would move west to pick up Settler under Nottingham, we would add 1 worker i guess and the Jumbo (Axe a bit weak). So seems Jumbo is needed.

Could add settler in Cov and delay CH in Nicea, something like that ~~
Changed save, has new stuff now.

Attachments

• Church AD-0800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    227 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Sorry I timed out to do ironing.Will load save now.

70g for paper looks good? 1t Astronomy?

Hastings could use a farm. Need size 4 and 50 hammers to whip uni? Cottage for farm?? 3t growth?

Canterbury can already be whipped but we could wait here.

We will need library in Adrianople.
Thess too. Thess lacks hammers. = Slow uni unless we whip into it?

Do we want a 2nd settler?

We are quite some way off 1t astronomy.

28OF is pretty good. Will allow a good OF for uni. 30-40? We would need to find some other whips into uni if we can?

Bud in Thess would help greatly. Allows a 4 pop whip with 50+ hammers.
It already has bud. :)

It's a 8 turn walk! Galleon will only move 4 tiles a turn. Better use for galleon transporting troops? Yep we need a galleon first.

Remember units on galleons can heal. Our stack will be useful vs barb cities.

We might capture some workers? Would barbs attack us if we land?

Coventry could be ideal for settler whip at size 6.

Rice to GK for 1G? W/E of Boudica.

Last edited:
Good diea. Get a good nights rest.

Oh...I got the impression you were taking some days off or something..must of misunderstood. Hope to be around tomorrow, but will try to look at things later tonight so there's some feedback when you next pop in.

Last edited:
So what are we doing here now?

I guess it's also less excitement, now that we are the strongest ;)

Depends on what Lymo wants imo, we have sgotm as team game as well.
We could switch to play & report without others watching.

It's not like we could not create a new game after that, where playing together might be easier with the game being much smaller at start.

Nothing wrong with this game at all, IMO. Not sure where that is coming from. Only issue is time, and mine's been a bit tight recently.

Just suggestions, we all know how Civ games go and why many games are not getting finished.
They start small, and then it's turning into some work often.

I would also enjoy reading reports from you guys, or writing some myself.
(most games i saw on these forums use that system)

There was still some discussion and planning. Really that is what I'm here for. I care less about the results and more about the discourse. So, just so you know my perspective, I have absolutely no issue with the game or how we are playing it...at all. I've really enjoyed this, and it is basically the only Civ I'm playing right now. So in my view, this is kinda coming out of nowhere. With that said, I realize that you two are also involved in a SGOTM, which I mentioned a couple of times earlier in this SG that that game would probably complicate this one, and I'm fine with that game taking priority - cause ..well..it does..it has a timeframe.

So really I just want to continue enjoying this game. We can plan less now, since really we do have an endgame here, but I'd rather not just blindly play turns and not talk about things either. However, if that is a problem with either of you then we can try to adjust things are put the game on hiatus. Just to be clear, I'd rather not go to that extreme.

ha..I thought everything was going fine actually. This game should be no pressure at all.

edit: oh..and ;)

Oh..I'm for sending GM to Moscow. We still need a lot of gold to finish out the tech, so any extra is nice, so whether it comes a few turns early or not may not be a big deal. I guess only issue if is we have to really push for Lib, but GM should not take but just a few turns with Engi movement and roads,right?

Settler in Hastings? I could see us possibly settling at least 3 or 4 cities up there.

Yeah just continue when all around. Shame to finish game on a fast note for no reason. At present not much going on war wise here anyway. More mciro from cities but it is mostly a teching game now whilst securing centre island. Then a decision on if we need a final war or not.

I can probably play tomorrow if yall have some time. Wednesday is busy, but rest of the week looks good. (Saturday probably out except for late evening yall's time)

I think Mylene is worn out today. Too much Civ. Playing 2 games can be quite exhausting. Playing just 1 game can be quite exhausting. ;)

Game still on pause??

Well, I'm always ready to go. It's really up to yall's bandwidth. We can play whenever or wait until after the Bears Done Danced. But feel free to plan a time sometime for us to check in on the game. May be an hour or so one day to get a coupla turns in.

Top Bottom