Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the EUI bug on 6-25, 7-1, 7-7 and 7-15 CPs. I've gotten used to using right click on buildings until I know what they do.

Ugh I am really disliking the no settler training, during a pestilence of famine or whatever is triggering it. Damn thing is kicking my arse

Well, the alternative is building settlers to remove the penalties of plague.

EUI Files updated to v46, should fix all the Lua issues. You'll still have the issue with the buttons on the right-hand corner, but it's a bit hectic for me atm, so I haven't time to push out a solution. Deleting the NotificationPanel files in \My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 48)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\NotificationPanelwould fix it though.

Very new to these mods (though they seem incredible in the way they drill down). I grabbed the EUI files and that solved almost all of my problems.

The only issue I am still having is Happiness and Unhappiness are character strings rather than words and icons. So instead of telling me my people in a city are illiterate or unsafe I get

(from mousing over the happiness icon at the top)
TXT_KEY_TP_UNHAPPINESS_DEFENSE
TXT_KEY_TP_UNHAPPINESS_SCIENCE

(or from mousing over the city)
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_UNEDUCATED
TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_UNDEFENDED

Not an emergency at the moment by any means, but if there is a simple fix that I have overlooked I'll take it :)

Thanks!

Thanks Thuderbird. Long time lurker, the Civ VI Leader photo leak finally got me to log back in :)

Log Zip attached. Let me know if I goofed anything up here :)

Mod list
Community Patch v. 88
Community Balance Patch v. 13
City-state Diplomacy v. 27
C4DF - CPB v. 11
More Luxuries - CBO v. 155
JFD's Cities in Development v. 46
JFD's Cities in Development EUI compatabiliy v. 46
JFD's Cultural Diversity Core v. 9
JFD's Exploration Continues v. 18
JFD's Rise to Power v. 25
JFD's Rise to Power EUI v. 24

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    60.7 KB · Views: 66
Hi there,

I've been playing recently with the CBP, or Vox Populi for the last few months and I'm wanting to spice up my game a little more beyond that. I have some questions that hopefully some of you long time JFD users can hopefully help me get to understand.

I've read the content of your CID, RtP, ExCE and CulDiv on your website and they seem very impressive and the type of systems I want to add to give more depth to my games. With that said, can you help me with the following?

1. Are these compatible with the full VP+EUI option? I'm currently playing with the latest VP 27-7 version, but I have been happy with versions from the last few months. If your mods are only viable with an older version of VP+EUI, do you know which one? I can revert back to that.

2. From what I've read here, EUI seems to cause an inordinate number of problems, is there a version of yours and EUI where they are relatively friendly with each other? I really would hate to go back to the vanilla UI, /yuck, but if it is too much of an issue I'm willing to try.

3. I've played most of the new VP Civs and I think they are mostly fantastic. However, I'm wanting to spice up my games by playing with and against new custom Civs. Are there any Civs of JFDs that have a similar power level and that function well with CBP VP(?) that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I've been playing recently with the CBP, or Vox Populi for the last few months and I'm wanting to spice up my game a little more beyond that. I have some questions that hopefully some of you long time JFD users can hopefully help me get to understand.

I've read the content of your CID, RtP, ExCE and CulDiv on your website and they seem very impressive and the type of systems I want to add to give more depth to my games. With that said, can you help me with the following?

1. Are these compatible with the full VP+EUI option? I'm currently playing with the latest VP 27-7 version, but I have been happy with versions from the last few months. If your mods are only viable with an older version of VP+EUI, do you know which one? I can revert back to that.

2. From what I've read here, EUI seems to cause an inordinate number of problems, is there a version of yours and EUI where they are relatively friendly with each other? I really would hate to go back to the vanilla UI, /yuck, but if it is too much of an issue I'm willing to try.

3. I've played most of the new VP Civs and I think they are mostly fantastic. However, I'm wanting to spice up my games by playing with and against new custom Civs. Are there any Civs of JFDs that have a similar power level and that function well with CBP VP(?) that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes.

2. The most recent version.

3. All of them support it. Except Lithuania, probs.

1. Yes.

2. The most recent version.

3. All of them support it. Except Lithuania, probs.

Thanks Chrisy. I'll try them all out after I finished this latest game. Excited!

In regards to the custom Civs, do you have any recommendations on ones that you think have a comparable power level to the normal VoxPops Civs? Something not too strong and not too weak. I would like to try out some Goldilocks JFD civs for VP.

Again thanks in advance.

Thanks Chrisy. I'll try them all out after I finished this latest game. Excited!

In regards to the custom Civs, do you have any recommendations on ones that you think have a comparable power level to the normal VoxPops Civs? Something not too strong and not too weak. I would like to try out some Goldilocks JFD civs for VP.

Again thanks in advance.

Unless G has ripped up the Civ rulebook, Population == Science == Victory. Ergo, civs that give population (Norway, Akhenaten, RTP Aztecs) should be good.

I seem to be having a problem with the city screen (and banner) with this mod installed.

The problem I am having is that the features added in by CID (crime, health, loyalty, etc.) are not showing up in the city screen or on the city banners. I know that this mod is installed, however, since all of the buildings added in by this mod are all there. Here is an image of my issue; note that the loyalty bar is missing, and the disease and crime yields are not present.

Spoiler :

I have attached my logs and here is my mod list:

Spoiler :

Community Patch
Community Balance Overhaul
City-State Diplomacy for CBP
Civ IV Diplo Features
More Luxuries
CBO EUI Compatability Files

(Note that the mods above were installed together as the latest version of Vox Populi, July 30th)

CBP-Future Worlds Compatibility (V 2)
Civ Names By Policies (V 8)
Enlightenment Era (V 5)
Ethnic Units (V 31)
EUI (V 1.28g)
Future Tech Does Something Beyond Score Increasing (V 1)
Future Worlds (V 5)
Hex Conquer and Release (V 3)
InfoAddict (V 22)
IGE (V 39)
JFD's Cities In Development (V 46)
JFD's CID EUI Compatibility Files (V 46)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (V 9)
JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (V 18)
JFD's Rise to Power (V 25)
JFD's RTP EUI Compatibility Files (V 24)
Map Labels (V 6)
Quick Turns (V 10)
Quotes From Civ IV Leonard Nimoy (V 3)
Randomize City Names (V 2)
Really Advanced Setup (V 15)
Events and Decisions (V 3)
Units Wake When Upgradeable (V 1)
Wonder Race (V 6)

Note that this problem still seems to persist with just Vox Populi and CID installed. Is it a problem just on my part?

I can provide any further information if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 39
Wouldn't the CBP EUI files cause issues without EUI?

Wouldn't the CBP EUI files cause issues without EUI?

I'm sorry, I did forget to mention that I do have EUI installed. (Although the picture I attached does in a way state that I do have EUI installed...) Forgive my error. I will fix my previous post accordingly.

I started a game with EUI, CiD, RtP (as well as the required mods and compatibilitynfiles) and Enlightenment era, and instead of the icons in the top right corner, I can only see a functionless (does nothing when I click on it) globe icon. This has been happening to me for about a month. I think its caused by RtP, but I'm not sure.

And another thing: the icons in the unit panel are too big (with or without EUI) and the mod seems to disable mthe the effect EUI had on units... Is that intended? I know the mod replaces certain files, I just wanted to know if there's any way to preserve those specific changes...

(Thanks in advance)

Both of you: clear cache. Chances are the problem's caused by the EUI files loading in the wrong order, which can be fixed by clearing cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom