City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Do the AI civs "understands" how this mod works or are they left behind and you get this really big diplomacy advantage on them?

Alright, so I tried clearing the cache, and then loading CSD after loading Mercenaries. No luck. Tried it the other way around, and still no luck.

So two things occurred to me - one, perhaps I misinterpreted what you and Gedemon said on the last page and didn't do what I should have done. Is this so?

Two - do I need to be friends or allies with city states for the mercenary options to appear? I tested this just upon meeting city states.

- PR-0927

Edit - Scratch that, I just played some turns and became friends with a city state. Was able to hire a mercenary army after that. I DID delete the CityStateText.xml file from CSD, however, so I don't know if that was necessary or not.

- PR-0927

Hi Gazebo this mod looks very interesting and I'd like to install it but I'm also using Deep Blue's food economy mod - do you know if I can run both at the same time?

Hi Gazebo this mod looks very interesting and I'd like to install it but I'm also using Deep Blue's food economy mod - do you know if I can run both at the same time?

I'm not familiar with that mod, but CSD does not modify any economic aspects of civ 5, so it should be compatible.

Greetings all!

It has been quite some time, but I am back with a (relatively) minor update to CSD. No new features have been added, however I made a balancing pass across the mod, cleaned up quite a bit of of the Civilopedia text for the units/buildings and finally got around to adding custom art for the two buildings borrowing Vanilla Civ 5 art. Here's the changes for v27:

1.) Building names: Forum --> Villa; Grand Piazza--> Summer Palace (new art!); Press --> Embassy (new art!)

2.) Villa and Embassy now have 1 and 2 gold maintenance (respectively) and produce culture instead of the rather paltry % trade route bonus.

3.) Summer Palace and Foreign Office provide two free diplomatic units when finished to offset scaling costs (# of cities) and to boost their intrinsic value. Also provide some culture.

4.) Patronage policy tweaks nerfed a bit (esp. science % bonus and gold % bonus ones).

5.) Villa and Embassy costs tweaked down a bit.

6.) Cleaned up text for units, buildings, policies and promotions.

I'll post v27 on the downloads page and on the modbrowser in game. For those of you still following this thread, let me know what you think of the changes. I hope you like the art- I did my best!

-G

Hello again!
Sorry for the back-to-back updates, however in my foolishness I completely forgot to add in the one thing I actually INTENDED to add in with v27: strategic view icons! I finally figured out how to get the SV icons for the diplo units to work correctly (perhaps this isn't news...but it is to me!). In any case, v28 will be uploaded shortly with the SV update added in. This also fixes the annoying bug that caused units to have the wrong SV icon- CSD's units now look and act no differently from a vanilla unit in terms of appearance. I can post a screen if you'd like.

Thanks for checking in.
G

@Gazebo,

I'm not sure if it is rude to ask you questions about a mod I'm working on. Anyway, do you know, based on your vast experience with city states, if it is at all possible to control their "tech stealing"? I need to specialize city states in my mod, including what techs they have, but I don't know if that is possible. (I do appreciate what your doing here, by the way...)

@Gazebo,

I'm not sure if it is rude to ask you questions about a mod I'm working on. Anyway, do you know, based on your vast experience with city states, if it is at all possible to control their "tech stealing"? I need to specialize city states in my mod, including what techs they have, but I don't know if that is possible. (I do appreciate what your doing here, by the way...)

Tech stealing? Elaborate. The only modifier (off of the top of my head) that I can think of concerning city-states and tech is the XML modifier for their rate of technological growth. I want to say it is in the GlobalDefines.xml file, right next to the rates of growth for city-state food and gold.
G

Gazebo can you confirm if your mod works with the latest patch? I've been encountering a ton of crashes when running a couple of city states mods and echoes of ages. So I'm trying to determine the culprit. Thanks!

Gazebo can you confirm if your mod works with the latest patch? I've been encountering a ton of crashes when running a couple of city states mods and echoes of ages. So I'm trying to determine the culprit. Thanks!

Yeah, should be fine. I've tested it with the latest patch quite a bit and nothing seems wrong. If you are having a lot of crashes, its always a good idea to reinstall all of your mods and clear your mod cache.

G

I'm very out of the loop with Civ5 and mods but does this work with MP? Brother and I looking to start a MP game with this mod :)

Excuse my ignorance but where would I copy the files? It's located in mydocuments right now, I assume you mean it needs to belong to the main steam folder. C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

after that not sure where to put it

Top Bottom