City States Leaders for BNW [WIP Icon contribution hread]

Cool mod. Quick question: is there a mod that allows you to pick which city-states will be on the map?

Cool mod. Quick question: is there a mod that allows you to pick which city-states will be on the map?
At the time of map creation? I don't think Really Advanced Setup does (yet), but that would be the mod to include such a feature, and you could certainly suggest it to General Tso.

If there are specific CS's that you don't want to include, it's a trivial mod to delete some of them from the list.

These are just cut-and-paste jobs, and nowhere near the level of Janboruta or Leugi, but if you wanted to use my Yaroslav (Kiev) or Timur (Samarqand) icons from my civ mods, feel free (even if just as a placeholder till something better comes along).

Spoiler :
I very hastily colored the backgrounds when I saw there was a color scheme, I could probably do a better job at it, if wanted.

Well that's funny, I've started Yaroslav yesterday and finished his icon just now. The decision, which one will be used, won't be mine, I guess :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Haha, there's no competition!

Honestly, I just came across this thread for the first time yesterday. It took all of one minute to throw my icons in the format, so I figured I'd do it in case they could serve as placeholders till something better came along.

And please let me use your new Yaroslav icon when I update my Kievan Rus' mod later this month...:mischief:

(I don't think there would be any confusion/overlap with this mod, as my civ mod would remove Kiev from the city-state list).

And please let me use your new Yaroslav icon when I update my Kievan Rus' mod later this month...:mischief:

(I don't think there would be any confusion/overlap with this mod, as my civ mod would remove Kiev from the city-state list).

Sure thing :) I'll send you a pm as soon as I prepare a large version of the icon.

Meanwhile I did an icon for Bucharest with Vlad III.

Spoiler :

Since the original seemed close enough to the appropriate style, I whipped up one for Cahokia ("Birdman") as placeholder.
Spoiler :

janboruta, you obviously have a template of sorts for your sunbursts. Would you mind sharing?

Since the original seemed close enough to the appropriate style, I whipped up one for Cahokia ("Birdman") as placeholder.
Spoiler :

janboruta, you obviously have a template of sorts for your sunbursts. Would you mind sharing?

ahaha good luck with cahokia :lol:

Nzinga of Mbanza Kongo! I changed a bit of things on my typical process of drawing, and I think it works betterly.

Spoiler :

Ok... This one's unfairly better than San Martin, I'll redo San Martin with the new method:

Spoiler :

Eva Perón of Buenos Aires

Actually, they are painted on the spot, to match the composition. But here are some. Paste them in set the layer to "overlay", "soft light", "lighten" or "screen". With "soft light" you might need to duplicate the layer with the same effect so tje effect will be visible (don't merge afterwards).

Spoiler :

@Leugi - that's some very successful icons! I would still use San Martin for Buenos Aires (I dislike leaders more modern than WW2 in my Civ :p ), but Eva Peron looks great in the icon.

I hope to post a new icon later, but we'll see. I prefer to take my time :crazyeye:

Managed to do one icon today. Gian Galeazzo Visconti of Milan

Spoiler :

Since I'm more familiar with European history, I'd like to add some more icons to my list. So as for now I'm interested in doing:

Belgrade (Karadjordje Petrovic)
Prague (Wenceslaus II)
Riga (Bishop Albert, founder of Riga and the Livonian Brothers of the Sword)
Zurich (Rudolf Brun)
Sofia (Simeon I)
Valetta (Lascaris)
Quebec City (de Champlain)
Cape Town (van Riebeeck)

I have started the icon for Byblos (Ahiram), but I will likely put it off until later.

You're all doing a fantastic job here :goodjob:

Long time no icons - I lacked inspiration for a few days and had to find time for commissioned work. Here's a new one though, Jan van Riebeeck for Cape Town. Also, I should upload Ahiram of Byblos and Vaclav II of Prague pretty soon :)

Spoiler :

I've updated the spreadsheet. I don't know whether this will be taken as good news or daunting news to our contributors, but thanks to you, we're now 40% done with compiling leaders (22 out of 55) for the BNW version of CSL!
:thanx:

Top Bottom