CityIOT 5

CityIOT Orders:

-Vote me for mayor, Jimmy Wordsworth for councillor.
-Start the importation of construction equipment and people who are good at building buildings.

Cody was too busy to Vote this election. His great nephew Brandon, however, has scheduled a meeting with the campaign manager of whichever candidate wins at the Split Barrel.

1. Vote for myself
2. Begin stockpiling excess wealth at Union headquarters from Union shares in fisheries, docks, and railways for future expansion.

1. Alexander Murry runs for office and votes for himself
2. Conscript my tenants to build a giant sports stadium in some open plot of ground since there's no rules. This will be the site of the city's first football team

(might edit, not sure to the extent of what we can/should do)

As much or as little as you want - within the realm of physics. Doesn't guarantee it will work though!

WIM, Red, Gurra, and ButteryIcarus all are still missing orders. I won't get a chance to look at anything for another 4-5 hours at least, so any time before I start working on the update is good. I can't guarantee I will be able to respond to messages before then.

Since Naduk Petersen is not a citizen of Metro but a foreign diplomat she is not voting in the ongoing mayoral and city council elections. She did however issue the following statement:

"On behalf of everyone in the Republic of Tunu, I wish the people of Metro all the best on Election Day. Democracy is sacred and we obviously have it in Tunu too since I just said it."

Update 1

Stats sheet/Map Key
Game server (recommended to join)
Game channel on IOT server

The first council elections in Metro have concluded, marked by a close race between mayor Jimmy Woodsworth and councilwoman Rachel Stridberg. Stridberg’s support - buoyed aggressively by the Citizens for Metro’s Future organization, which ran aggressive attack ads against her opponents - flagged in late leaks as it emerged that Stridberg-Metro Greentech employees had been implicated in questionable and often dangerous schemes to smuggle construction workers and civil engineers over the city-state’s borders. The third council member, Alexander Murry, was elected by a single vote - his own - due to the lack of additional candidates. Murry also came with his own controversies, having coerced tenants into constructing the Metro Football Stadium. The lack of proper materials and training resulted in an enormously dangerous process and structure, granting high visibility and success to Lucius Cole’s blood drive in an attempt to combat growing injuries. Amusingly, due to the American influences on Metro, it became obvious that many of the workers were not clear what kind of football the stadium was meant to host, leading to strange dimensions and artwork depicting feet adorning the structure, which now has become a haven for squatters due to the city’s housing crisis - which sees even wealthy citizens using their offices as homes, a practice civil authorities recommend against. Elsewhere in the city, Gibney Apartments underwent a recent expansion - also with a lack of trained employees, with authorities suggesting the homes might not be up to code, if one actually existed - and Brandon Marconi was observed with Jimmy Woodsworth’s campaign manager in the Marconi-family owned Split Barrel, up in the city’s North End.

PLAYERS MAY NOW POST RP AND UPDATES.
Orders will lock on Friday, February 16th.​

Last edited:
Call the police to clear out the looter thugs in my arena. Allow those with a talent for football back in, in exchange for an exploitative contract that'd make the NFL green with envy. With a large housing crisis, and the police protecting my private property, more aggressive negotiations can take place. This football stadium will be the site of a team that'll dominate the world of football one day. And all for the cost of as using as little of my own as I possibly could.

Following four acts have been passed with unanimous approval within the City Council.

Council Voting Act said:
1. All legislation will be discussed by the Metro City Council before voting.
2. Voting for legislation will occur when one of the two following things happens:
a. When the mayor calls for a vote on a piece of legislation.
b. When the majority of Metro City Council call for a referendum on a piece of legislation, which will pass if the majority of Metro City voters pass the bill (OOC: CivOasis would run referendums as he represents the NPCs).​
3. All pieces of legislation will be voted on in #legislation, other than those passed via section 2b of this act. 4. Votes by Metro City Councillors and the Metro City Mayor will be submitted as “Yes” or “No”.
5. If a Councillor fails to vote within 48 hours of the finished text of the legislation being posted, their vote will be counted as “No”.
6. The majority of the Metro City Council must vote “Yes” for a bill to pass, unless it is passed via section 2b of this act.

Government Construction Act said:
1. Stridberg-Metro Greentech will construct the following buildings for the government at cost:
a. Metro City Hall (located at “A” on the attached map)
b. Metro Immigration Office (located at “B” on the attached map)
c. Metro Mint (located at “C” on the attached map)​
2. An extra lot will be reserved for future government construction (located at “D” on the attached map).
3. Until Metro City Hall and the Metro Immigration Office are constructed, both offices will be temporarily located at Metropolitan Allied Cooperatives Union Headquarters.

Immigration Act said:
1. The Metro Immigration Office will vet potential immigrants into Metro City to ensure that they have no serious criminal record and would not be a threat to national security.
2. The Metro Immigration Office will be run by immigration expert John Smith (OOC: A Government NPC).

Housing Emergency Act said:
1. The Metro City Government officially recognizes the current housing crisis as a national emergency.
2. The Metro City Government formally instructs the Metro Immigration Office to prioritise the vetting and immigration of work visas and immigration for persons with experience in the construction industry for the duration of the national emergency. No corners shall be cut with vetting or other procedure, however those with construction experience will be given priority in processing.
3. The Metro City Government formally encourages the community to create construction agencies and start constructing residential areas for the people of Metro City.

All laws and reforms will take effect immediately.

Last edited:
Stridberg-Metro Greentech will be constructing the new government buildings at cost as our organisation has the most people with construction experience in it. As we will be constructing it at cost, we will be making no profit in these endeavours, therefore I am confident that there is significant no conflict of interest in this matter when it comes to my roles as Councilwoman and .

Orders:
  • Continue to encourage people with construction experience to migrate into Metro and work for me, through the legal channels.
  • Run the people who are already here by the Metro Immigration Office to ensure everything is okay.
  • Do the following construction, map in spoiler. These projects may continue over multiple turns. Map Key:
    • X = Stridberg-Metro Construction, a construction firm primarily using Stridberg green technology to do construction things. Staffed by the construction people that I have. [HIGHEST PRIORITY]
    • A = Metro City Hall, give control to city government upon completion [SECOND HIGHEST PRIORITY]
    • B = Metro Immigration Office, give control to city government upon completion [THIRD HIGHEST PRIORITY]
    • C = Metro Mint, give control to city government upon completion [FOURTH HIGHEST PRIORITY]
    • D = Area reserved by government for further construction works, ignore for now.
    • Z = North Metro Apartment Complex, a place for people to live. Not the nicest houses in the world, but not a slum either. [LOWEST PRIORITY]
Spoiler :

I'm gonna drop out. Playing the foreign ambassador was a fun idea but I just don't know what to do with it.

Jimmy Wordsworth, you know, the mayor here. We had a productive week here in the city, with variety of new construction planned out for further city expansion, as well as some codification of the electoral and legal processes here in the city. It does bother me somewhat that we do not seem to have a city court system yet, but disputes are being handled all the time at the interim mayoral headquarters here in the Union office, and we should be fine unless there's a gang of criminals sneaking around in thee center of our city or some serial killer.

There's nothing like that, right?

In any case, as the mayor of this town, I would like to inform the public that I will, of course, fulfill my campaign promises of making life better for both the small businesses and the public interest. Soon, the system of exchanging fish and IOU notes and foreign currency will end with printing of our first currency, backed by... I'll get back to this later. Secondly, with the construction of new housing systems, we hope to stop the ongoing problem of vagrancies and dangerous temporary shacks that are being seen all around the town.

On a side note, support your local farmers and fishers by visiting the market by the piers. Thank you.

As of posting, I only have half of the required orders. The deadline was several hours ago.

Please submit as soon as possible so that I can update.

Top Bottom