Civ VI Artworks from Firaxis Artists

My pleasure. I'm also surprised that it was based on an actual historical rocket ;)

The Saturn V (what else? :p) inspiration for the Moon Landing tipped me off that they were using real examples, but I expected them to use an even earlier rocket for the Satellite mission, so I didn't figure out it was a SpaceX.

Does anyone know what they based the hangar and mission control on? I see the photo references in the post, but not where it actually is. I didn't know it was based so closely on a real example.

The Saturn V (what else? :p) inspiration for the Moon Landing tipped me off that they were using real examples, but I expected them to use an even earlier rocket for the Satellite mission, so I didn't figure out it was a SpaceX.

Does anyone know what they based the hangar and mission control on? I see the photo references in the post, but not where it actually is. I didn't know it was based so closely on a real example.

Mission Control Center is this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_Control_Center

located at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA.

Edit: The Vehicle Assembly Building is also from the same location.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Assembly_Building

She's dressed in black, swirls her wine (the feminine equivalent of mustachio-twirling), and introduces herself by saying that she has a great desire to uncover all your secrets. She's not exactly being subtle here. :p

I felt like I was in that glass of liquid, being examined and tasted when she spoke her intro lines.

She was intentionally portrayed to be classy and superior in elengancy, rather than promoting her as a drunk noblewoman ( I guess?)

Focusing on something else when you talk is an expression of ignorance and (feeling superior) pride. I think CdM's anime was well done in delivering that, in various scenes depicting her with the glass.

I felt like I was in that glass of liquid, being examined and tasted when she spoke her intro lines.

She was intentionally portrayed to be classy and superior in elengancy, rather than promoting her as a drunk noblewoman ( I guess?)

Focusing on something else when you talk is an expression of ignorance and (feeling superior) pride. I think CdM's anime was well done in delivering that, in various scenes depicting her with the glass.

CdM reminds me of Cersei Lannister. One, because of the alcohol in her glass (wine for Cersei, Champagne for CdM), two, because of their cunning, and three, because of their black outfit.

CdM reminds me of Cersei Lannister. One, because of the alcohol in her glass (wine for Cersei, Champagne for CdM), two, because of their cunning, and three, because of their black outfit.

and four, they both did every dirty thing for their sons, but yet all their sons died before prolonging the dynasty.

and five, they both married a husband that didnt love them.

and six, they both killed hundreds of people due to a religious problem (the great Sparrow for Cersi).

Emmm thats why CdM always charms me. Certainly I do not especially favor her because of my own drinking problem.

Last edited:
Civ6 trees makes the map look less readable and messy.
Have to agree with this. Civ V's forests were perhaps not the prettiest, but they were very clearly forests. In Civ 6 I find myself having to check twice to see if a tile actually has forest on. There's tile improvements, wonders and other stuff on the map that have a few trees on them as well, but don't count as forests. If a luxury resource is on a tile with forest, that's often hard to see. I often confuse forest and jungle as well, when a few of those tiles are bunched up. In Civ V, you could tell at a glance what's what.

Now why couldn't Tamar look like that in game? (That being said, either they improved her skin tone before release or else she just looks better in-game. She's still much darker than most of her depictions and somewhat darker than your average Georgian, but at least she doesn't look Indian. So now instead of her skintone I'm going to complain about that gaudy pink makeup. :p )

Now why couldn't Tamar look like that in game? (That being said, either they improved her skin tone before release or else she just looks better in-game. She's still much darker than most of her depictions and somewhat darker than your average Georgian, but at least she doesn't look Indian. So now instead of her skintone I'm going to complain about that gaudy pink makeup. :p )
At least Tamar does not look like Tomyris' long-lost sister anymore.

Her voice still sounds similar to Tomyris though.

I'm wondering the reason could be that the voice actress for Tamar has a slight Russian accent.
Tomyris' voice actress is Ossetian and many Ossetians have Russian accents.
When Tamar speaks, some inflections sound a little Russian to me.

I'm wondering the reason could be that the voice actress for Tamar has a slight Russian accent.
Tomyris' voice actress is Ossetian and many Ossetians have Russian accents.
When Tamar speaks, some inflections sound a little Russian to me.

I am not sure, but I think this is becoz of the russian influence on both nations from time to time? People from the Asian steppes and slavic languages seems to share the phenomenon of having a more intense nasal voicing and rolling "rrrr". As if you are asking why Phillip and CdM have a Roman/Latino accent...

Ossetia is under heavy Russian influence, there are also inbred Russians and strong Russian minority.

I rather like Tamar's VA. At least she doesn't respond to everything with "hmmmph" like Tomyris. :p

Interesting. They actually name it Mughal in the production, not India. I am hoping for Mughal inclusion as another leader but then India already got Chandy so... hm... well.. at least there's something Moghul there.

Top Bottom