Civ3FlcEdit - Civilization III animation viewer & editor

Hopefully I am just missing something. Can you tell me what I should do differently?
I start with a pcx storyboard with correct palette.
I use Civ3FlcEdit to create a new c3f file with the right number and size frames. I then copy over the pcx storyboard and delete the pal file that Civ3FlcEdit created along with the c3f and dummy pcx file. When I open the c3f file I get an error message that it needs the pal file. There is no option to tell it not to use any external palette file.
Thanks!

Parthius - if you don't delete the pallette file, and import from the menu, or move your pallette file to replace the one you deleted it should work.

A few more suggestions:

1) Could something be set so that it remembers the values entered into the create new storyboad thingy? Having just done about 15 animations will mostly the same settings, and having to reset it each time was rather time consuming.

2) Could you change the default offset to be more central (I mean, with the frame in the middle, rather than in the corner).

A toggle on-off switcj would be ok for both these things, as I can see some people might not want them.

>if you don't delete the pallette file, and import from the menu, or move your pallette file to replace the one you deleted it should work.

It works great as long as I have a palette file and do any of those things. I have not found the trick to getting it to use the palette that is part of the pcx file. With Flicster, all I need is the pcx file and hoped to use this in the same way...

Once again, a great program!!!

Parthius said:
Hopefully I am just missing something. Can you tell me what I should do differently?
I start with a pcx storyboard with correct palette.
I use Civ3FlcEdit to create a new c3f file with the right number and size frames. I then copy over the pcx storyboard and delete the pal file that Civ3FlcEdit created along with the c3f and dummy pcx file. When I open the c3f file I get an error message that it needs the pal file. There is no option to tell it not to use any external palette file.
Thanks!
Finally I understand you. :)
Yes, such option is absent now. I'll look for what I can do. Possible, Civ3FlcEdit will be used internal image file palette in case external palette file is absent.

The Great Apple said:
1) Could something be set so that it remembers the values entered into the create new storyboad thingy? Having just done about 15 animations will mostly the same settings, and having to reset it each time was rather time consuming.
OK, it will be done.

2) Could you change the default offset to be more central (I mean, with the frame in the middle, rather than in the corner).
Sure, I'll fix it.

Thank you for suggestions!

Holy ****, Dreyk, I just used the lastest version to adjust unit sizes and it works!!! Makes resizing 100 times easier!!
EDIT: Upon further calculations, the actually figure is 4.53 times easier.

Bungus said:
Holy ****, Dreyk, I just used the lastest version to adjust unit sizes and it works!!! Makes resizing 100 times easier!!
I'm glad to "hear" it! :)
Next version will be yet more powerful and useful, I hope. It'll be ready soon.

Cyber Dreyk said:
Next version will be yet more powerful and useful, I hope. It'll be ready soon.
That's good!
Unfortunetly, the resizer doesn't work on all units; sometimes scaleing turns shadows green or causes the pallette to change.
That's bad...
But, is was (mostly) with old, bad units.
That's good! ...sort of

Also, I need to "freeze" civcolor, so it no longer changes color depending on civs. I want it always to be blue. Can Civ3flcedit do this? And How?

@Bungus The only way I know to do this is by making a new palette from the original. take the civ color (blue) and move it to the middle, replacing the civ color cells in the palette with green or magenta, (just needs to be a nutral color not present in the unit. Then apply that palette to the pcx, then bingo, no changing colors :)

Yes, Bungus, it's the only one way to "freeze" civ colors.
Point is that first 32 colors in palette is civ-specified, they will be automatically replaced by the game with colors of your civilization.

ok, I think I understand you guys:
The top two rows of colors are always, civ specific, so I just move those (ussually various shades of blue) and replace them with colors somewhere else on the palette (colors that the unit doesn't use.
But, how do I know what colors of the palette are not present in the unit? Trial and error? And more importantly, Don't most units use all the colors of the pallette?
Here is.. nothing related: :sniper:[pissed]

Bungus said:
But, how do I know what colors of the palette are not present in the unit? Trial and error?
It seems to me - yes, trial & error. ;)
But it's better to ask skilled unit makers since they have great expiriens in that matter.

And more importantly, Don't most units use all the colors of the pallette?
Certainly, unit can have less colors than related palette. In principle, you can use just 1 color and FLC will be works. :)

here, try this tut I just wrote... I have a rampant 2yr old so it's not the best, but at least we can move this editing business to another forum so as to get this thead from geting to cluttered ;) getting rid of civ colors

Thanks. I'll post there from now on if I have further questions.
Now we can free up this post for more important questions, like why is this smiley head hiding pubes under his hat :hatsoff: ?

Drivebymaster said:
Wow love it but it is slow in loading the c3f file or what ever it is with the pcx. and all of that stuff.

Is there any way to make it go faster?
Yes, my friends! Next version will be much faster with loading of C3F storyboards. :)
Coming soon... ;)

Finally, new version is released!
It including also Civ3MM and all nesessary DLL files.

Enjoy it! :)

I'll be avaliable after January 10th.

Merry Xmas & happy Ney Year!

Wish you all to spend a good time! :)

Hey Dreyk that grass background is kinda anyoing with those seeds anyway you can get rid of them in the next Version? :)

And could you make it to where right when you load a flic it not be in that middle position where it shows you all of them because I have to just beable to glance at how many frames it is when I make M-units

As you can tell I have been busy with your editor just look in my sig

Top Bottom