Civ3MultiTool - Now at Civfanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I download this Civ3CopyTool, then? Am I missing something? I know I'm missing something obvious.

where do i find a BIC file, what is it, the info for a civ? or a saved file? :( lol im such a newb i bet this is simple

I have posted this same question in another thread, but it may belong here as well.

Has anyone successfully created (added, not replaced) a civilization with this tool? If so, does your foreign advisor work when you have that newly made civ as an opponent (regardless of whether you have met them or not)?

I have this problem where I use the tool to make a new civ, the spanish. I create a new game and force one opponent to be spanish. once in the game, before i even build my first city, I hit F4 (Foreign advisor). The game gives me an illegal operation error.

Anyone else getting this? Anyone add a civ and NOT getting this?

Aside from the foreign advisor, nice tool. Thanks

Originally posted by Joshua3896
where do i find a BIC file, what is it, the info for a civ? or a saved file? :( lol im such a newb i bet this is simple
A BIC-file is a file saved by the civ3edit. To be able to use this tool the use default rules must be unchecked.
There is a BIC-file, "civ3mod.bic", that is in the main directory of Civ3 that can be used as well.

Just as an offer, I've got the latest version of Installshield. If you would like, i can compile your program into an Installshield setup so you don't have to worry about vb runtimes.

Just thought i'd offer.

Dr Weird:egypt:

Thanks for all the effort you have put in so far Gramphos. I have not been able to get a copy of the game yet and was upset by this initially but I am beginning to see that by the time I actually do a lot of the things I was worried about (like not being able to play as the Vikings !) will be taken care of one way or the other. To actually see Sir John A in a screen shot well that is just something I had given up hope on. :beer: :viking: :beer: :yeah:
Beer yeah being the closet thing to a Canadian smile I could find :D

Originally posted by Dr Weird
Just as an offer, I've got the latest version of Installshield. If you would like, i can compile your program into an Installshield setup so you don't have to worry about vb runtimes.

Just thought i'd offer.

Dr Weird:egypt:
I can make insallation programs myself, but they get to big for one post. (I.E the 4 disks of vb runtime)

This version can import and export any number of civs (not just one) in the same file.

out after 153 downloads

Originally posted by Damien
ANY number of civs?
Does that mean that the number of customs civs is not limited?
What about the setup screen?
Sorry, I spoke about my exported files. The BICs can only hold 32 civs. The any means that you an select to export all civs of a BIC to a file, and import civs from files more then one at a time.

That is how it goes when I'm tired.

And the limit of the civ number comes form the unique colors and the units civ flag.

- bug that made the tool not to load when the rules were changed fixed.
- interface slightly modified (you will recognize it)

edited out after 20 downloads

System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

It's all greek to me
Any idears?

BTW Thank you for taking time to make this tool. Use it daily.

Originally posted by GIDustin
System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770). The specified module could not be found.

It's all greek to me
Any idears?

BTW Thank you for taking time to make this tool. Use it daily.
I've run into it myself sometimes. It seam to show up when starting two programs that use the VB-runtime in the same time. It has nothing to do with the code in my tool. I can get it from an empty program as well as a very big one. Just restart it.

- bug with loading BICs with added govts fixed.

edited out after 248 downloads

Im a newb and cant figure out how to add a civ using this tool.. I was wondering if we can expect a turtorial so time soon.....

It would be greatly apprecianted.:crazyeyes :beer:

yeah i must say thanks for making a tool to edit this game

i put down 50 bucks for Civ3 (first time BUYING a game since Half-Life); went home installed it, then played it; went to new game, and saw no viking civ! i was bout ready to pack it up and get my 50 bucks back just for that!

but then i figured, ah hell i could probably add it in! but then looking at the structure, i wasnt quite sure how i could - but this site and these forums showed me it can be done (maybe with a little work, but thats cool with me)

like said, a tutorial would be really really great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom