Civ3MultiTool - Now at Civfanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Maps can be imported and exported from BICs to BICs.

Out after 41 downloads

I finally got that save PCX function working, so now the icons for the buildings are copied as well.
Also I finished the textfile-modification for wonder copies, and I believe that a wonder copied with this tool can be used directly in the game.

Note, that you will need a corrected buildings-small.pcx to use this tool (there is an offset error in the original, (and you can notice it in the game. (AOW, Oracle cut in the bottom))). I'll post one in my next post.

If you have modified your own and not want to use the "almost" original pic, you can edit your own. Make the Wealth row 32 pixels as all other rows, and it will do fine.

You will need this to use Civ3CopyTool v0.65 and higher. (It also fixes some graphical errors with the game)

I recommend you to back up all files you replace.

Attachments

• buildings-small.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 13,075
This may have been mentioned before, so I apologize in advance. That said...

I copied the Iroqious and created the Sioux. I made just a few minor tweaks, changed the immortal to a sioux warrior and changed the names of their first few cities. I played as the romans on a tiny map with them. Everything works perfectly, until I open the diplomatic advisor window. Game crashes.

So I try again, this time I play as the Sioux. No problem at all. I'm playing against the Iroquois, and I beat them up a little, talk to them, no problem. Until, once again, I open the diplomatic adisor window.

This seems to be the only problem I've found, great job!

Originally posted by Starkist
This may have been mentioned before, so I apologize in advance. That said...

I copied the Iroqious and created the Sioux. I made just a few minor tweaks, changed the immortal to a sioux warrior and changed the names of their first few cities. I played as the romans on a tiny map with them. Everything works perfectly, until I open the diplomatic advisor window. Game crashes.

So I try again, this time I play as the Sioux. No problem at all. I'm playing against the Iroquois, and I beat them up a little, talk to them, no problem. Until, once again, I open the diplomatic adisor window.

This seems to be the only problem I've found, great job!
Yes, that is a problem. The game uses in-EXE path for those heads, but the path is in pediaicons.txt as well (unused) :mad:

I've made some changes, and integrated a In-SaveGame-UnitEditor. (Can change some of the values for units in a save. (It loads civ3mod.bic/custom rules for the rules when reading the file.))

out after 41 downloads

I have rewritten the routines handling SaveFiles, and now that part of the tool should work smother.

If you don't want to try out the Editor you don't need this version. Version 0.65 has the same copyfunctions.

out after 89 downloads

Gramphos - Thanks for all your work!:goodjob:

I appreciate it, especialy since I could never make any of these things myself. Everyone posting their programs has my gratitude.

I wanted to make Teutonic Knights, a German UU to replace the Panzer, and am looking for advice. Can your copy-tool help me accomplish this?

How do I import artwork, or edit it?

Ive noticed strong similarities in Civ3 and Age of Kings unit art, and was also wondering if anyone has tried to import the latter into Civ3?

EDIT: I downloaded v.71 above and unzipped, and when I click on it, an error message occurs.

If you are going to replace something this tool is not the right tool to use.

About the error: Can you tell me what it said?

A filter has been added to the built in Save Game Editor and the editor can now be started without starting the copytool by running the exe /sge

Out after 54 downloads

- Extended functionallity of the SaveGame Editor.
- Difficulty Levels can be changed

63 downloads and gone

- Can correct corrupt SAVs that generate the error "DATAIO Operating System Error: CITY" after the last Settler of a civ has been killed at sea.

Out after 189 downloads.

First i ran the program and got the before menchioned error, and downloaded the VBruntimes. Then i got a different error (see pic).
The file i missed before had the same name, except that it had a dll after the dot.

Please help, just want the vikings back!:viking:

Elseway, its a brilliant program (it sounds so)!:)

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,051
I've tried everything. The VBRUN stuff, the copy tool, and nothing works. I can't use a civ I made in a game without the game crashing. Page Fault in the civ3.exe as usual. Am I missing something?

i'm really enjoying the editing program, but i've encountered two problems:

1) when you change starting locations (i.e. so Earth civs are in the right places), the area around your new starting location is not revealed when you reload the game.

2) the tech tree is all screwed up in any edited game, with lines going crazy directions and unselectable techs.

any way to fix these?

--metrognome--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom